Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, I like what Hickman's cooking, but I can see that stuff has changed to suit his narrative. Krakoa is no longer the product of '50's atomic testing. Cerebro now records the actual mind and memories of everyone it scans (Yowza!). Moira's a mutant. Goldballs 'goldballs' are now organic eggs. All sorts of mutants can combine their powers to create all sorts of odd effects that go light-years past 'Colossus chucks Wolverine at someone's face.' Apocalypse had a wife and kids a couple thousand years ago, and they, and other mutants like the White Sword, are also immortal, and conveniently, every single one of them has survived millenia of lethal conflict to come back in the exact same clothes they left in. (Ahem)

I'm okay with most of this (the mutant technology thing and unnecessary change to Goldballs power least of them). It's been a good story, and I enjoy both the world-building and getting to see so many characters that I haven't seen in ages, like Frenzy and Taki and Peepers.
    Yeah, everyone's threshold is different and we could all do well to remember that.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Well, I meant understanding from the fandom, but yeah, I see your point. Still, WoX should've released sooner, and it shouldn't have taken nearly two years to get the ball rolling again.
    I definitely agree with you that Way Of X should have been released earlier. But it looks like it has the potential to be excellent, so I'm kind of glad they waited until everything was right before coming out with it.

It's been a bit of an unfortunate last year, for everyone, not just comics publishers, and some of that must have made some stuff a bit more difficult I guess. But, yeah. I'm making excuses, and you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    I definitely agree with you that Way Of X should have been released earlier. But it looks like it has the potential to be excellent, so I'm kind of glad they waited until everything was right before coming out with it.

It's been a bit of an unfortunate last year, for everyone, not just comics publishers, and some of that must have made some stuff a bit more difficult I guess. But, yeah. I'm making excuses, and you're right.
    They might have waited too long for me, but I get that some aren't bothered by that.

Nah, you aren't making excuses, you're on the outside with us. You are providing context, and that's important; coming from Marvel editorial though, those could be considered excuses. I guess I struggle to understand how DC either didn't have any gaps or at least had small gaps due to the lockdown stuff but Marvel had so much shuffled down the road. And even then, the general scheduling and pacing unaffected by that has been poor in my opinion.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Extraordinary Member

They might have waited too long for me, but I get that some aren't bothered by that.

Nah, you aren't making excuses, you're on the outside with us. You are providing context, and that's important; coming from Marvel editorial though, those could be considered excuses. I guess I struggle to understand how DC either didn't have any gaps or at least had small gaps due to the lockdown stuff but Marvel had so much shuffled down the road. And even then, the general scheduling and pacing unaffected by that has been poor in my opinion.
    Obviously getting off topic, but DC had plans for the new distributors. Marvel, like a lot of other publisher's, were at the mercy of Diamond, which caused a lot of unknowns and who probably had a lot of problems with getting caught up.

BANNED

I don't hate the xmen, just based on objective art. X-Men is to me arguably the best stand alone comic universe ever created, the only other universe I can put as number 1 is the batman universe.

Having said that, they have had period of era were you can hate, get bored or tired with the whole thing.

I have stopped reading comics daily for some time now. so if you ask me what is up to date withy Spiderman, xmen or bamtan. i dont have much of a big clue but when i have my time, I read their best part eras and if i have money to waste, may read their new books because my general conception about comics as for 2021 is quite poor.

Now that been said, haters in general dont tend to be readers. it is rare to see Many constantly reading something they hate because reading is just a different medium. Haters tend to watch more of the movies they hate. they hate the movie but will watch it anyway to confirm why they hate it and talk about why they hate it. not much of this human behaviour happens with readers.

Most readers are lovers of a Series.

Not all movies watchers are lovers of a Series

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I don't hate the xmen, just based on objective art. X-Men is to me arguably the best stand alone comic universe ever created, the only other universe I can put as number 1 is the batman universe.

Having said that, they have had period of era were you can hate, get bored or tired with the whole thing.

I have stopped reading comics daily for some time now. so if you ask me what is up to date withy Spiderman, xmen or bamtan. i dont have much of a big clue but when i have my time, I read their best part eras and if i have money to waste, may read their new books because my general conception about comics as for 2021 is quite poor.

Now that been said, haters in general dont tend to be readers. it is rare to see Many constantly reading something they hate because reading is just a different medium. Haters tend to watch more of the movies they hate. they hate the movie but will watch it anyway to confirm why they hate it and talk about why they hate it. not much of this human behaviour happens with readers.

Really good point. I agreee with you, people continue to read is because they love the franchise

DC has ess things planned on advance, marvel had bigger plans. I still think it is awful use the pandemic to justify the slow pace, majority of marvel books recovered very well
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-05-2021 at 07:00 AM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Don't hate the X-Men. Hate what's being done with them.... but how would I know if I didn't read?
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Obviously getting off topic, but DC had plans for the new distributors. Marvel, like a lot of other publisher's, were at the mercy of Diamond, which caused a lot of unknowns and who probably had a lot of problems with getting caught up.
    If DC could do it, why not Marvel? What are they doing with all that Disney money?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post

Yep, readers can love the characters and universe and dislike a particular run.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Really good point. I agreee with you, people continue to read is because they love the franchise

DC has ess things planned on advance, marvel had bigger plans. I still think it is awful use the pandemic to justify the slow pace, majority of marvel books recovered very well
    Yeah, I keep coming back to, what was Marvel's upper staff doing?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Don't hate the X-Men. Hate what's being done with them.... but how would I know if I didn't read?
    What do you hate about what's being done with them?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I hated everything about the Utopia era...didn't read a single book (except the first 5 issues of Fraction's run and nothing more).
    I jumped back in briefly for Extraordinary X-Men only.
    I hated everything about the recent runs/era prior to HoX/PoX...didn't buy/read a single book except for XM:Red.
    And now my X-collection has gargantuan gaps in it and...I really don't care. I've moved way past caring about things (comic books) that have no entertainment value for me.

And now...? I'm the proverbial hog in mud.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Because I used to like them, and I want to like them again.

I just don't like them now.
    I'm somewhat in the same boat, i don't everything but i don't support many of the decisions or actions taken in this run.

Extraordinary Member

If DC could do it, why not Marvel? What are they doing with all that Disney money?
    Last post I will make on this, but comics were not shipping to stores. Diamond had no plans to ship comics to stores. Diamond was sitting on two weeks of books already that they were not shipping out. Diamond was not taking in any new books. Diamond gave no timeframe other than something that seemed like a few months to who knows. Likely Marvel had no way to get out of the deal at that point the way DC did, or if they did they had not already been talking to upstart distributors like DC probably was.

So it might have been a little bit of Marvel getting caught unprepared or a little bit of DC getting lucky.

Besides, Disney had their own problems watching their parks lose millions a day and throwing away more money was not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Last post I will make on this, but comics were not shipping to stores. Diamond had no plans to ship comics to stores. Diamond was sitting on two weeks of books already that they were not shipping out. Diamond was not taking in any new books. Diamond gave no timeframe other than something that seemed like a few months to who knows. Likely Marvel had no way to get out of the deal at that point the way DC did, or if they did they had not already been talking to upstart distributors like DC probably was.

So it might have been a little bit of Marvel getting caught unprepared or a little bit of DC getting lucky.

Besides, Disney had their own problems watching their parks lose millions a day and throwing away more money was not going to happen.
    Thanks for the response. We shall move on, as you wish.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.