View Poll Results: Should Scarlet Witch be called The Pretender?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! She’s the Pretender!

62 38.04%
  • No! Stop calling her that!

101 61.96%
Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Arrow Is wanda the pretender or no? Poll

Is Wanda Maximoff, aka the Scarlet Witch, a Pretender? Or should names like these be reserved for those truly evil, like the Patchwork Man?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    Is Wanda Maximoff, aka the Scarlet Witch, a Pretender? Or should names like these be reserved for those truly evil, like the Patchwork Man?
    Uh... "the pretender" makes me think of 1600's New England.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Uh... "the pretender" makes me think of 1600's New England.
    It remind me of the british/american rock band.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    It remind me of the british/american rock band.
    "I'm Special, So special..."
    Also, the Pretenders did a song entitled "My city was gone" which was used for decades as the opening theme of the Rush Limbaugh show.
    Also "the Pretender" is the name of a Jackson Browne song from the mid-1970s.
    Last edited by mikeb; 05-01-2021 at 04:56 PM.

Fantastic Member

she's a mutant and since her crime was against mutants she should be trialed in mutant court.

Magneto/Polaris should be the defense. make amends and unite the family. prosecution could be literally anyone.

Anyone else remember that late 90s show, The Pretender?

Scarlet Witch was nothing like that show.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

No, now I am curous about rock bands
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

The X-Men hang out with Sinister and Apocalypse. Being mad about Wanda is stupid. Further, I am against Avengers and other franchise characters being made important in the X-Books. Either restore her mutancy or leave her out entirely.

The Decimation, and its remnants, I find far more annoying than compelling.

I would label her as more of a Swindler! Also she is so Iconic the way she gets a new thread every other day who is doing it like Wanda!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    she's a mutant and since her crime was against mutants she should be trialed in mutant court.

Magneto/Polaris should be the defense. make amends and unite the family. prosecution could be literally anyone.
    Except she's not a mutant anymore, nor Magneto's daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    He's probably like the rest of the world outside of ya know die hard comic fans who just ignore Axis & the effects of it! I also ignore Axis not because of the Wanda thing just because it was boring.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

No, Pretty much because if you go by The Merriam-Webster Definition of the Word of Pretend~ "1: to give a false appearance of being, possessing, or performing or 2: to claim, represent, or assert falsely."

Most it is to claim falsehood by knowing you do and when a character from their very concept was to be said to be born and lived as a mutant right down to their powers and blood, it is hard to "pretend" you are something or in this case a Mutant, when it is a truth for the vast majority of your life to all who you know and espically to yourself with measured back-up by near ever concivable measure to say you are a mutant in that world.

By that pretender does not make sense in context by how Krakoa is trying to come across in seeming to represent it.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    While I don't care enough for whatever stories changed that, and I definitely do not trust Marvel not to change that again, I do think it is interesting to look at Wanda not as one pretending to be a mutant, but one who was a pretender with regards to being an heir of Magneto, the throne of Magneto, and more putting herself in that exact role in House of M.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Wanda genuinely believed herself to a be a mutant. Everyone else, including a bald telepath with a mutant detection machine, believed her to be a mutant. Pretending requires intentional deception, so she clearly wasn't pretending. She was just as deceived as everyone else regarding her status as a mutant. The same goes for Pietro. The same goes, unfortunately, for Franklin Richards.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar