View Poll Results: Should Scarlet Witch be called The Pretender?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! She’s the Pretender!

62 38.04%
  • No! Stop calling her that!

101 61.96%
Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think that's also over looking the fact that when Cassandra sent them, they had already been left shut down in the middle of nowhere and left to rot with almost no way left to reactivate them. They were as close to smashed and throw in the trash as you could make them.
    But they STILL existed. No excuse.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Same concept can be applied to the Nazi scientist who used his knowledge in astrophysics to send Armstrong to the moon. Built weapons of war and hate and then used them for something or how about Einstein’s nuclear projects being used for war. People can make things for death and be used for purposes to build all people or it can be used as they intended it to. Trask can be blamed for creating those things. Yet Cassandra reprogrammed them to destroy Genosha. It was even shown that one Sentinel who did it felt remorse and tried to right it’s wrong’s by saving the earth. So blame the person who pulled the switch if your going to also blame the engineer.
    huh yeah you could say that almost anything but that's not the narrative here. Yes humanity's tools and discoveries can be repurposed as a good or bad thing. But the Sentinels are akin to a burning cross and for the most part humanity's cool with it....

Cassandra didn't reprogram it the Sentinels to do anything till after Genosha...all she had to do was convince the Trask cousin to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think that's also over looking the fact that when Cassandra sent them, they had already been left shut down in the middle of nowhere and left to rot with almost no way left to reactivate them. They were as close to smashed and throw in the trash as you could make them.
    ... no they weren't...smh
    GrindrStone(D)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    In what way?

i think the point they were making is wanda gets named instead of just being the pretender, while casandra is left as mummudrai despite being the person who initiated the worst mutant massacre ever. personally when i read this i had to look up who or what a mummundrai was because i completely forgot it was a word for what cassandra is.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i think the point they were making is wanda gets named instead of just being the pretender, while casandra is left as mummudrai despite being the person who initiated the worst mutant massacre ever. personally when i read this i had to look up who or what a mummundrai was because i completely forgot it was a word for what cassandra is.
    she wasn't a person. And the Trask dude did 98% of the work. Sentinels are a giant noose around the necks of Mutants is it any wonder when they start choking
    GrindrStone(D)

I remember that, eventually, the telepaths messed with Cassandra’s head by trying to give her a conscience. So she/it wasn’t held accountable because that, without a conscience, he/it couldn’t behave differently.

But, the same thing could said for Wanda: at the end of her rope, in a emotionally turmoil, could she behave differently from the way she did?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

huh yeah you could say that almost anything but that's not the narrative here. Yes humanity's tools and discoveries can be repurposed as a good or bad thing. But the Sentinels are akin to a burning cross and for the most part humanity's cool with it....

Cassandra didn't reprogram it the Sentinels to do anything till after Genosha...all she had to do was convince the Trask cousin to do it

... no they weren't...smh
    Cassandra killed Trask’s cousin then sent them to Genosha
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

i think the point they were making is wanda gets named instead of just being the pretender, while casandra is left as mummudrai
    also another point....and so what? Genosha had little to do with The Pretenders attempt at Genocide. Are her fans reeeeally that upset another mass Mutant murderer doesn't get a nickname? If so This isn't the thread to discuss it...but seems like a strawman

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    But, the same thing could said for Wanda: at the end of her rope, in a emotionally turmoil, could she behave differently from the way she did?
    Uh Wanda had the considerable advantage of having been born with empathy
    Cassandra killed Trask’s cousin then sent them to Genosha
    He says he just became the biggest mass murderer....she says he just sent 4 supersonic death machines to most densely populated Mutant area
    GrindrStone(D)

Incredible Member

also another point....and so what? Genosha had little to do with The Pretenders attempt at Genocide. Are her fans reeeeally that upset another mass Mutant murderer doesn't get a nickname? If so This isn't the thread to discuss it...but seems like a strawman
    oh im not saying she needs a nickname just that its noticeable that Xaviers sister doesn't get her real name used. in that data page they do list genosha as the biggest tragedy to affect mutant kind and i think thats her only mention in the era so far. with all the mutants that died there being brought and the empyre tie in set in genosha with the zombies, you'd think her name might appear at least once. not saying they shouldn't mention wanda, just weird cassandra gets off.
    Last edited by carmoc1234; 05-25-2021 at 06:00 AM.

Uh Wanda had the considerable advantage of having been born with empathy

He says he just became the biggest mass murderer....she says he just sent 4 supersonic death machines to most densely populated Mutant area
    Yeah your right I looked back at it and he did send them, so it was Trask and Cassandra who both deserve the blame for Genosha. So it should be two people blamed for Genosha and made to look like devils for genocidal intentions.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Why are we leaving out the fact that Cassandra spent the entire previous issue lying to, traumatizing, and manipulating Trask?
    Last edited by Alan2099; 05-25-2021 at 12:24 PM.

Imagine hating Wanda so much that you wind up defending Cassandra Nova.

83D838EE-01D7-4075-875C-DF20291668FB.jpg

There's a reason for it and it's antagonization of Wanda fans. That's all it is.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    There's a reason for it and it's antagonization of Wanda fans. That's all it is.
    Be tolerant toward them. Without the "complex" they need another thread to channel their aggressiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Imagine hating Wanda so much that you wind up defending Cassandra Nova....
    LOL! That’s awesome! Personally, I love Wanda! She’s great!

Yeah your right I looked back at it and he did send them, so it was Trask and Cassandra who both deserve the blame for Genosha. So it should be two people blamed for Genosha and made to look like devils for genocidal intentions.
    Cool. Noted. Not sure if there's anything else that can be said about this... If this was a thread concerning any of those people...or that country It woulda had more relevance
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Imagine hating Wanda so much that you wind up defending Cassandra Nova.

83D838EE-01D7-4075-875C-DF20291668FB.jpg
    Defending against what exactly?

But honestly it'd make more sense debating a Nova fan
    GrindrStone(D)