View Poll Results: Should Scarlet Witch be called The Pretender?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! She’s the Pretender!

62 38.04%
  • No! Stop calling her that!

101 61.96%
Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    The safety of mutants is what is being put above everything else. At no point has Krakoa stopped anybody from living their life how they wanted as long as they didn't go against Krakoa.

The mutants have faced waaaaay to many tragedies over the years and have faced to many problems as a people for them to have the luxury of worry about the rest of the world before themselves. When they can help humans they can and have multiple times during the Krakoa era. They are just making sure that from now on mutants will be safe first and foremost so they don't face another extinction threat like M day.
    Then I don’t see why one of the titles is called “X-men”. Surviving is what every life form tries to do. There’s no honor in it. It’s just instinct. For me, using the X-men who had a past of heroes is just marketing.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Then I don’t see why one of the titles is called “X-men”. Surviving is what every life form tries to do. There’s no honor in it. It’s just instinct. For me, using the X-men who had a past of heroes is just marketing.
    Yeah, "saving lives" is how most superheroes are usually summed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I'm guessing you skipped X-men #15 the X of Swords tie which touched on this very issue.

The data page clearly states that the term use for X-men as interchangeable with mutants which is unavoidable because of familiarity but should be ignored and transitioned away from. The name X-men I mean

I'm guessing you skipped X-men #15 the X of Swords tie which touched on this very issue.

The data page clearly states that the term use for X-men as interchangeable with mutants which is unavoidable because of familiarity but should be ignored and transitioned away from. The name X-men I mean
    Right, I skipped.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

So they shouldn't defend themselves because of the chance they might lose and should instead remain separate to be attacked alone by organized hate groups gotcha. /s
    I am just pointing out that those are not strong arguments since one has no relevance and the other was pointed out by Emma as being the likely outcome.

Anyway, the characters will do and believe whatever the writers want them to, no matter if it follows what you or I think makes sense. There were plenty of times when the mutants were just living among humans and largely were not in danger. Then there are times the writers go heavy on the danger. Then the danger is gone. It is what it is, and that is is what the writers decide. There is no reason they need to be on an island and all think it is a good idea to do so other than Hickman wants them all on an island for reasons down the road, and we know there are reasons because Hickman has told us multiple times that what the mutants are doing now does not 'win'.

I’m still scratching my head trying to figure out how being on an island defends them from a spell cast. Magick is a strong sorceress but when it comes to defense that really ain’t her strong suit as far as I’ve seen when it comes to curses.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I’m still scratching my head trying to figure out how being on an island defends them from a spell cast. Magick is a strong sorceress but when it comes to defense that really ain’t her strong suit as far as I’ve seen when it comes to curses.
    Well, Krakoa has a couple of reality warpers at its disposal and Rictor is forming a coven to learn magic with the Grimoire of Apocalypse.

Vulcan is able to absorb magical energy if necessary and nullify the powers of magic users (He was able to defeat Adam Warlock)

The island itself does not defend them against magic but having the entire species united and having powerful mutants like Vulcan, Monarch or Proteus united makes them better able to react to these types of threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Well, Krakoa has a couple of reality warpers at its disposal and Rictor is forming a coven to learn magic with the Grimoire of Apocalypse.

Vulcan is able to absorb magical energy if necessary and nullify the powers of magic users (He was able to defeat Adam Warlock)

The island itself does not defend them against magic but having the entire species united and having powerful mutants like Vulcan, Monarch or Proteus united makes them better able to react to these types of threats.
    Yeah but how would they sense when it’s coming and Rictor is still a novice, Proteus burns out bodies when using energy and Vulcan can absorb energy, but absorbing a curse seems like a stretch since curses are spells that specifically aim for a certain outcome and not just some energy blast.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I am just pointing out that those are not strong arguments since one has no relevance and the other was pointed out by Emma as being the likely outcome.

Anyway, the characters will do and believe whatever the writers want them to, no matter if it follows what you or I think makes sense. There were plenty of times when the mutants were just living among humans and largely were not in danger. Then there are times the writers go heavy on the danger. Then the danger is gone. It is what it is, and that is is what the writers decide. There is no reason they need to be on an island and all think it is a good idea to do so other than Hickman wants them all on an island for reasons down the road, and we know there are reasons because Hickman has told us multiple times that what the mutants are doing now does not 'win'.
    Are you two serious?

Do you not see the advantage of having the most powerful mutants all in and around the same area that can react to attacks made vs them much easier rather than they are all scattered across the planet? That's not even bringing up the Krakoa gates so even not teleporting mutants can get to a location in minutes.

I'm pretty sure the non super mutants stand a better chance vs hate groups or their own government if they can make a quick walk and be instantly around hundreds of thousands of mutants. Sure Krakoa's defense can be better never said it was perfect but to say that mutants would be safer separate just flies in the face of logic.

Also I don't think I have to bring up the fact that 1) not all mutants live on the island 2) They are free to go to and from Krakoa at will

So if characters have issues with Krakoa (*cough* Morlocks *cough*) They don't have to live on the island

Yeah but how would they sense when it’s coming and Rictor is still a novice, Proteus burns out bodies when using energy and Vulcan can absorb energy, but absorbing a curse seems like a stretch since curses are spells that specifically aim for a certain outcome and not just some energy blast.
    Vulcan doesn't just absorb energy he manipulates it. All types even weird ones. And can cut people off from their energy sources. He even manipulated spiritual energy

And Selene is there
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 05-09-2021 at 10:08 AM.

Are you two serious?

Do you not see the advantage of having the most powerful mutants all in and around the same area that can react to attacks made vs them much easier rather than they are all scattered across the planet? That's not even bringing up the Krakoa gates so even not teleporting mutants can get to a location in minutes.

I'm pretty sure the non super mutants stand a better chance vs hate groups or their own government if they can make a quick walk and be instantly around hundreds of thousands of mutants. Sure Krakoa's defense can be better never said it was perfect but to say that mutants would be safer separate just flies in the face of logic.

Also I don't think I have to bring up the fact that 1) not all mutants live on the island 2) They are free to go to and from Krakoa at will

So if characters have issues with Krakoa (*cough* Morlocks *cough*) They don't have to live on the island
    Again saying that they are safe from another M-day is ludicrous when in Cyclops’ own words said they where driven to near extinction with a “sentence fragment”. How is every mutant on the planet strong enough to stand against a debatable multiversal threat.
    It’s good they have their own nation to properly explore themselves and make the planet better not only for them but also humans, but unity tack ticks only go so far when it’s shown they have crippled themselves trying to prevent certain events from occurring and in the process sped up the inevitable.

Meaghan stopped the first chaos wave, it would be fun to see what they come up with to prevent another one. Although Saturnyne and co weren't happy with the first one. If anyone should have contingencies in place its them to prevent the access of the life force again. Also Jamie was largely unaffected
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 05-09-2021 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Meaghan stopped the first chaos wave, it would be fun to see what they come up with to prevent another one. Although Saturnyne and co weren't happy with the first one.
    Meghan only slow it for a second she couldn’t stop it

Meghan only slow it for a second she couldn’t stop it
    The first warp. Not the second one

Again saying that they are safe from another M-day is ludicrous when in Cyclops’ own words said they where driven to near extinction with a “sentence fragment”. How is every mutant on the planet strong enough to stand against a debatable multiversal threat.
    It’s good they have their own nation to properly explore themselves and make the planet better not only for them but also humans, but unity tack ticks only go so far when it’s shown they have crippled themselves trying to prevent certain events from occurring and in the process sped up the inevitable.
    You are getting caught in the specifics of M Day instead of what resulted from M Day which is only a hand full of mutants remaining. They have a better chance to handle treats together than a part that is the take away.