Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
It was both out of character and being possessed had driven her insane. But I hate comics making insanity = doing evil things. They need to let that trope die in a fire.
Agreed

Wanda did not try to commit genocide before HoM, nor did she have any negative feelings towards mutants. She had negative ones towards Magneto, but it wasn't all like she wanted to wreck his whole life. She just preferred to stay away from him.
Well she wanted him in jail while he was ruling Genosha lol but I understand her point, hell Magneto understood her pov and in HoM she wanted to get back at him after he attacked Pietro but before that they seemed to be trying to get along and she appreciated him taking care of her even if she wished to just get back to her life with the Avengers wish wasn´t possible at the moment. I don´t think he sees what she did as an intent to "ruin his life" but it´s not his place to absolve her for decimation, at most he can say it was his fault, like he did on CC and also I guess he´s sad because it separated her from her life with "the humans" as he calls the Avengers because he knows that has been her personal mission and something she´s proud of and right now on the Krakoa era and after Axis I think he´s low key happy she´s back with them but it´s not something he can talk with anyone on Krakoa.

I can see her deciding to attack mutants in moment of pure anger or she could have been possesed but in that case we need to know exactly by who because from what we saw on CC the "life force" just seemed to be a source of power not an entity with a personality of it´s own.

Now in retrospect (a retcon) they make her mentally ill. Without a proper diagnosis or anything. It's just slapped on there haphazardly. Because tropes.
Comics are never good at tackling mental illness in a belivable way so I think it´s better they don´t get into it just to cover plot-holes, it may be better if they just explain in a clear way what happened.