View Poll Results: Should Scarlet Witch be called The Pretender?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! She’s the Pretender!

62 38.04%
  • No! Stop calling her that!

101 61.96%
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Indeed both of you well said.

The other major problem with Dissembles and HoM is that Marvel Editorial and Joe Quesada allowed Bendis to pretty much Open Faced LIE about Wanda and her development after the events of Darker then Scarlet. He ignored all her stories and develop that happen from that point and told Lies in her history, her living with and honoring while Fully Knowing the death of her kids, how strong she become threw that and her personal development threw the 90’s and into the Busiek Era of Avengers where she developed greatly into a a 180 degree difference then what they portrayed her as to make Dissembles and HoM work.

Cause if some these points alone, with the blasphemy of dishonor to lying about Wanda’s character, personal and canon history is it a wonder why fans debate so hard for wonder and then wonder why we don’t spend as much time holding those that wrote it all more responsible for their Lies then we to anyone else?!
    That's why I am PROUD of Kevin Feige!
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    The wine bottle that the mutant Wanda magically pours reads
    "Maison Du Mépris"
    which in French means
    "House of Contempt"

Exactly Right!

I dunno about any easter eggs in WandaVision that gives the same proper respect
    towards the pre-cursor of "House of Manure", which is "Assholes Disassembled".

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

The other major problem with Dissembles and HoM is that Marvel Editorial and Joe Quesada allowed Bendis to pretty much Open Faced LIE about Wanda and her development after the events of Darker then Scarlet. He ignored all her stories and develop that happen from that point and told Lies in her history, her living with and honoring while Fully Knowing the death of her kids, how strong she become threw that and her personal development threw the 90’s and into the Busiek Era of Avengers where she developed greatly into a a 180 degree difference then what they portrayed her as to make Dissembles and HoM work.

Cause if some these points alone, with the blasphemy of dishonor to lying about Wanda’s character, personal and canon history is it a wonder why fans debate so hard for wonder and then wonder why we don’t spend as much time holding those that wrote it all more responsible for their Lies then we to anyone else?!
    Yes I agree the bad editorial management began with Avengers Dissasembled and that´s also why I said post HoM/Decimation trying to turn everything on its head and blaming everyone else, it´s not helping matters at all, especially for Wanda.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Mister Sinister is a bigger pretender, and threat to mutantkind, yet he's on the Quiet Council. Stupid effing mutants.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

thank you! I will always call a spade a spade. if jean can have grace, Wanda deserves it too!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Kurt Busiek gave Marvel Girl's civilian identity Jean Grey grace AND developed Wanda greatly...

PRAISE Kurt Busiek!!!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thank you! I will always call a spade a spade. if jean can have grace, Wanda deserves it too!!!
    Indeed on the Wanda front, a major Example of the Lie told by Bendis by taking Out~of~Canon logic to rule by it, he only took Darker than Scarlet Wanda as his example for AD and HoM.

In-Canon Truth are events after Darker at Han Scarlet was soon after By Roy Thomas in West Coast Avengers Annual #7, Part 2 Wanda Remembers and honors the memory of her kids, fully embracing it;

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Kurt Busiek gave Marvel Girl's civilian identity Jean Grey grace AND developed Wanda greatly...

PRAISE Kurt Busiek!!!
    With Focus on Wanda’s True-Canon again with What Roy Thomas started got Re-Enforced to the Canon History of Wanda’s development as just one example, Kurt Busiek in Avengers Vol. 3, Issue #2 and then some in just this one panel alone;

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Mister Sinister is a bigger pretender, and threat to mutantkind, yet he's on the Quiet Council. Stupid effing mutants.
    Even more stupid, considering that Mister sinister was during WW2 "cosplaying" as doctor Mengele to run his personale experiments on camp inmates, and at in recent times he did pretty much what Wanda did, with the help of Celestial technology and High Evolutionary assistance(odd how between all the psychotic insane genetists of MU that are almost less than six degree of separation...and all have Sinister in it!). Not counting the mutat massacre, Inferno, Maddie torments, his role in the twelve gathering, all the creepy bad things he did to the summer family. Perhaps he is not the most evil villain of MU, but surely he is one of the most DISGUSTING repulsive sadistic immoral piece of **** of the X-men section. At least Apocalypse and Gorgon have a veneer of honor. But Sinister has absolutely no engaging redeemable feature! Yeah is quircky and funny...NOW...but is more result in part of a role he is playing and in part the consequences of excessive clonation and resurrection(i kind of remeber at some point Death itself told Ben Reilly that resurrecting too many times too often will damage a person soul, as literally tearing it apart...food for thought. Never Noticed that all the aforementioned mad geneticist all developed the same way tor esurrect themselves and over time and repeated deaths they had become more and more unhinged and unstable?)

Really is anyone surprise thatthe whole summers family decide to put home...ON the freaking moon?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think this is all fair points. I just also think the Wanda deserves the same consideration. She wasn't evil, she lost her children and from that trauma she lashed out. Was it right no but there was a reason why it happened.
    That and the murder of her brother by her “father” before her eyes…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    That and the murder of her brother by her “father” before her eyes…
    And the Life Force that was possessing her...

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    My god another thread about Wanda I swear you guys are just too much give it up.

She isn't a mutant and never was according to the current canon and mutants hate her for the genocide that she pulled vs them period full stop

Everything else you guys are saying is pointless
    You know deep down that isn't going to happen so why are you here then? i would actually like to know.

Fantastic Member

I’m Pretender 100 percent. Uncanny Avengers did didly to improve my opinion of her and even before house of M didn’t feel ok with how Bendia strip mined many X-men concepts to make the avengers not suck.

I get the Phoenix comparison but it’s also more personal given what it did to mutants. It’s easy for us to take a step back: the characters themselves, less so.

Counterpoint: it’s also fairly interesting commentary for even in a supposedly new, evolved mutant culture they’re still Dalem-style fire and pitchforks.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    There are better words than Pretender for her crimes but obviously she needs to be part of Krakoa’s lore. You can’t tell the history of Mutants nor the need for unity and a homeland by leaving out the single worst event in Mutant history. You can’t leave out the person who went to the world’s greatest supervillain, accepted the power from him to bring your kind to the edge of extinction with just three little words. And you can’t leave out that human “heroes” and alien empires are protecting her, think her actions no big deal and believe no punishment is deserved. Mutants need to always remember they’re all alone and no one thinks their near extinction matters.

I hope Rogue told everyone what she said - “Why was it so important that more mutants be born?”
    Except she didn't search for power to wipe out mutants, she did it because she wanted her children back after losing them like any self respecting mother worthy or the title would do.

And it wasn't the Avengers who were protecting her after she lost her sanity and hurt them, it was her brother and father.

Also they were debating what to do with her while she was in Genosha and the kill option was being considered so i don't think forgive and forget was there in its totality.

And let us not forget that she had just watched as her father murder her brother before her eyes while still being emotionally and mentally unstable, yeah that couldn't have possibly being a contributing factor.

And later she was perfectly willing to be punished after she undid what she did, which she could have as we saw in Children Crusade and proved with Rictor (you know the guy who is now a disciple to Apocalypse?) only that Scott and the X-men didn't care apparently that they could fix the decimation right then and there (because of the will of Marvel at that moment needed their precious AvX to happen.).

Finally, even after helping undo the spell she has still gotten the short end of the stick despite trying to make amends with people who willingly break bread and give forgiveness to the likes of Apocalypse, Mystique, Gorgon, Selene and Sinister and who receive no punishment for their continued actions that bring harm to mutants.

Wanda is not the monster the mutants want her to be, she was Marvel's greatest victim and damn whoever came up with this stupid that just keeps being brought back for no good reason.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Except she didn't search for power to wipe out mutants, she did it because she wanted her children back after losing them like any self respecting mother worthy or the title would do.

And it wasn't the Avengers who were protecting her after she lost her sanity and hurt them, it was her brother and father.

Also they were debating what to do with her while she was in Genosha and the kill option was being considered so i don't think forgive and forget was there in its totality.

And let us not forget that she had just watched as her father murder her brother before her eyes while still being emotionally and mentally unstable, yeah that couldn't have possibly being a contributing factor.

And later she was perfectly willing to be punished after she undid what she did, which she could have as we saw in Children Crusade and proved with Rictor (you know the guy who is now a disciple to Apocalypse?) only that Scott and the X-men didn't care apparently that they could fix the decimation right then and there (because of the will of Marvel at that moment needed their precious AvX to happen.).

Finally, even after helping undo the spell she has still gotten the short end of the stick despite trying to make amends with people who willingly break bread and give forgiveness to the likes of Apocalypse, Mystique, Gorgon, Selene and Sinister and who receive no punishment for their continued actions that bring harm to mutants.

Wanda is not the monster the mutants want her to be, she was Marvel's greatest victim and damn whoever came up with this stupid that just keeps being brought back for no good reason.
    Indeed Well Said Hulkout42, Going on the bold bullet points somemore too;

If Wanda is truly the Un-Repent Monster that does not care about mutants, Why then when she she comes back from being mindwiped for years and not herself of Sound Mind, Thought, Body and Soul, why is the 1st actions in Coming back in Young Avnegers: The Children's Crusade would be this if she did not care?!

Then still, even with all of the Possession, Mental Breakdown and being showner her Brother's Head smashed, events that would get many charaters off the hook and moving on, why was Wanda she STILL ready to take the judgement of all of the Trials and Tribulations that would come from the events of HoM, even if other characters in the past and recently seem to get forgive for much worst who did actions of horrors of sound mind and choice(Krakoa Villians);

Last edited by CJStriker; 05-05-2021 at 06:39 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    You know deep down that isn't going to happen so why are you here then? i would actually like to know.
    Because this pity party for Wanda because mutants don't like her for the genocide she caused is annoying and this need for her to be a mutant is pointless. She isn't an X-men character she is a Avenger that's her real space. People who want her back as a mutant just confuse me because most of her stories are with Avengers.

It seems like every few weeks there is another thread about the same stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Because this pity party for Wanda because mutants don't like her for the genocide she caused is annoying and this need for her to be a mutant is pointless. She isn't an X-men character she is a Avenger that's her real space. People who want her back as a mutant just confuse me because most of her stories are with Avengers.

It seems like every few weeks there is another thread about the same stuff
    Well that seems more like Marvel's fault as they keep putting them in other books or characters in theirs for no valid reason except to be there.

And personally i never agreed with the real reason why she had to be retconned into not being a mutant, which we all know is because Fox at the time owned mutants and MCU didn't but needed a way to put her in the movies and that somehow needed to be expressed in the comics because reasons.