View Poll Results: Should Scarlet Witch be called The Pretender?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! She’s the Pretender!

62 38.04%
  • No! Stop calling her that!

101 61.96%
Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I'll admit that killing Jeans family tree was excessive and uncalled for on every level, but bringing Jean to Justice for her galatic crime was hardly evil. Jean was also willing to face the time.

Much better than ghosting your screw up, victim blaming and then trying to play hero again after who knows how long.

Why is it that everytime I'm in a Wanda thread you're in a Wanda thread? Let me slander in peace.
    Wanda was willing to face time too, till the X-Men were like “nah, nvm”. Talk about ghosting.

No wonder Wanda was like “**** that ****” afterwards. She gave ‘em a chance. If a judge sets you free for a “crime”, are YOU going to beg him to lock you up later?

And I <3 you too.

The whole point of Children's Crusade was to sanitize Wanda. For five years prior she was the one responsible for the deaths of countless mutants then suddenly the writer/editors put the blame on Doom.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    The whole point of Children's Crusade was to sanitize Wanda. For five years prior she was the one responsible for the deaths of countless mutants then suddenly the writer/editors put the blame on Doom.
    It feels like they dropped the ball. Partly because that story ends off with Steve Rogers appeasing the mutants with the promise that Wanda would be tried or whatever, which never happened (and I don't care why, I am just talking about how the story left off) and partly because AvX happened, which just twisted the knife right back in the wound for a lot of people.

Anyway, other than for jokes, I don't know why people can't let go of it and stop being sensitive about it. It is a mess of a bunch of stories that never really added up to anything worth remembering.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Wanda was willing to face time too, till the X-Men were like “nah, nvm”. Talk about ghosting.

No wonder Wanda was like “**** that ****” afterwards. She gave ‘em a chance. If a judge sets you free for a “crime”, are YOU going to beg him to lock you up later?
    Welp, it was more like, "Let's put Wanda on a pedestal and make X-Men the villains on AvX." for Marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    I mean every time she does something wrong since HoM, other characters are being held responsible for that. It doesn't even make sense of why Doom suddenly thought of wiping out the mutants. At least Cassandra seems more reasonable behind Genosha.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It feels like they dropped the ball. Partly because that story ends off with Steve Rogers appeasing the mutants with the promise that Wanda would be tried or whatever, which never happened (and I don't care why, I am just talking about how the story left off) and partly because AvX happened, which just twisted the knife right back in the wound for a lot of people.
    It's mostly AvX cuz both sides went back to "**** this chick" mode.

So the only point of Crusade was to disband the Young Avengers. Good grief.
    "Cable was right!"

Anyway, other than for jokes, I don't know why people can't let go of it and stop being sensitive about it. It is a mess of a bunch of stories that never really added up to anything worth remembering.
    Maybe x-men writers should forget it too

Fantastic Member

Wanda is the Scarlet Witch, the vast majority of her lore involves matters supernatural and mystic. It makes no sense for writers to connect a character who is a mystic, to a narrative that has nothing whatsoever to do with anything mystic. It's like putting Nova exclusively in stories about Spiderman in New York.

For the past 15 years, Wanda's been tied to a narrative that separates her from her part of the Marvel universe, and from her own lore.

It's absurd that people want the retcon, which, regardless of its motives, was one of the smarter decisions made by Marvel in recent years, reversed.

Just have the X-Men do their thing, there are a thousand vastly better stories they can tell that have nothing to do with HoM. Let Wanda plow her own furrow in mystical stories and be used solely in that capacity and not crossover.

It's hard to see how the tedious snooze-fest that is her relationship with Magneto can be developed past HoM, as offers nothing to either character's narrative other than repetition of old story beats.
    Last edited by Relugus; 05-06-2021 at 09:15 AM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Indeed I think allot of fans are willing to let allot of it go, especially since to get to Wanda just being a plot element not a character in both AD and HoM Marvel Editorial and Bendis had to outwardly Lie about Wanda’s character, Canon and Development to do so, it is hard for many I have meet wanting to keep to harping in this cause Marvel Lied to make it happen in the 1st place.

So unless they are willing to show they are going to put their big boy pants on for one more story to end it, own up to what they did to both Wanda and Mutants to tell the truths finally and finish the story. Otherwise and likely at this point it should be moved on from like it was being before the Hickman pretend thing was made a thing.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I mean every time she does something wrong since HoM, other characters are being held responsible for that. It doesn't even make sense of why Doom suddenly thought of wiping out the mutants. At least Cassandra seems more reasonable behind Genosha.
    But that is the problem with wanda doing it in general, there was no reason behind it other than lets reduce the mutant population because quesada wants less mutants and just make wanda do it. from a narrative point of view, she essentially got pushed in front the avengers and x buses because they wanted to cause an upset and instead of killing her off like jean she just went into a coma until they decided to bring her back.
    Its the big difference between jean becoming dark phoenix, hank hitting janet or even scott during the avx period. build up. this was the direction the writers decided to take those characters and built towards the defining moments. there was no build up to those moments and wanda as a result was ooc and just used as a plot device in those stories. i assume a lot of writers at marvel feel punishing her more than what's already been done (character assassination and left in plot limbo for years) is just pointless.
    i know it seems like the current x office plans to punish her but based on the jordan d white and si spurrier interviews that doesn't seem to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    But that is the problem with wanda doing it in general, there was no reason behind it other than lets reduce the mutant population because quesada wants less mutants
    They don't need to kill mutants if they feel there are too many of them. They just have not to make stories about them. I don't see the point in having "wallpaper characters" in panels.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

And the man the bumped into her without saying excuse me, and the ice cream cone she dropped, and the bumblebee that stung her a week prior...
    lol
    The Butcher, The Baker, The Candlestick Maker, Obama
    Yeah, I remember Jean Grey getting prosecuted, judged and vaporized by the Shi'ar(who also murdered her family years later) for that.
    Right? Jeans family suffered for something a 9 yr old can see she didnt. Like apples to oranges
    Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Yeah and I remember Wanda willing to die for what she did and fix it but the X-men at the time couldn’t decide what punishment was fitting and her mutant kids also stood up for her and Magneto also said no, though he thought he was the father, he isn’t above punishing those who are deserving even if they are supposed family.

I remember this..Gross
    Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Because this pity party for Wanda because mutants don't like her for the genocide she caused is annoying
    Damn this truth...this truth probably hurt 'em But seriously you cant post in the X-Boards anything about The Pretenders Genocide without 5 or 10 'BUT HER TWIIIIIINS" or BUTT WHaaaT about *insert rando X-Character theyre blaming* Crimes"?? As if one has anything to fo eith the other
    Was that before she chastised mutants for hating her for what she did and even going so far as to accuse them of having no culture or was it after she zombified Genosha and ran away from her failure with a tucked tail like nothing happened?

Funny how every mess she makes seems to get cleaned up by someone else and she has all the excuses in the world for why it wasn't her fault.

Decimation, the inversions, the zombie apocalypse. What's next? Maybe Editorial does hate Wanda, but they hate everything these days so it doesn't matter.
    t
    Annd the truth ball continues to roll, but dont expect a volley back. Just more passing the buck and gaslighting
    I don't even hate Wanda, I just wanna see her depowered and throw in the Crucible with Exodus then we can call it a night.
    Youd need a parental advisory warning on the cover if they reeeeally do it lol. Itd prob only take a few hours for it to sell out
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Indeed I think allot of fans are willing to let allot of it go, especially since to get to Wanda just being a plot element not a character in both AD and HoM Marvel Editorial and Bendis had to outwardly Lie about Wanda’s character, Canon and Development to do so, it is hard for many I have meet wanting to keep to harping in this cause Marvel Lied to make it happen in the 1st place.

So unless they are willing to show they are going to put their big boy pants on for one more story to end it, own up to what they did to both Wanda and Mutants to tell the truths finally and finish the story. Otherwise and likely at this point it should be moved on from like it was being before the Hickman pretend thing was made a thing.
    Krakoa is bringing back to life the people who Wanda killed as well as lost their powers because of her. What sense would it make for the people who lost their powers or flat out died to not mention her at all. Like huh?

This is exactly what I mean by getting bent out of shape over people not liking Wanda. It makes perfect sense for what Krakoa is doing and Wanda is still running around free as a bird for writer to do what ever they want with her just like in her solo where she was starting to make a rogues gallery.

If X-men and mutants want to bring up one of the most impactful storylines in their history why the hell shouldn't they be able to do that? Act like it didn't happen like seriously? Even more so the fact that Krakoa is touching on mutants directly affected by her. No sense

These threads are always so entertaining.

I find the whole Wanda culpability thing as pointless as feat debates (spoiler: depends on the writer) but to me mutant does not mean it belongs to the X-Men. Mutants are part of the Marvel U. The erasure of her mutant status was done as a statement that mutants were essentially shoved in the corner. Restoring the twins to their mutant status would be a sign that Marvel is hopefully done with the segregation.
    I hate to burst your bubble but the X-men have always done their own thing in Marvel U. Sure there have been cross overs where they interact with other super heroes but they have always been in their own space in the Marvel U. What you are talking about is the period when Marvel was replacing them with the Inhumans basically making them the mutants. That was already fixed when they massacred all the NUInhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Is it really weird to have a mutant that doesn’t feel the need to be an X-man and instead wants to be on a team full of humans. That’s what made her interesting for me pre-retcon. It’s interesting to see different kinds of people on teams that aren’t composed of people like them. It’s called diversity and even though she is a European women she was different from those who where around her. Also if the books are going to make references about her and the writers hint that something along the way may feature her expect a thread to pop up about it. Plus HoM and CC did Wanda and mutants dirty so you can feel sympathy for both her and mutants they don’t have to be mutually exclusive
    Yeah no Wanda does not add diversity to the Avengers team even when she was a mutant. She was raised by Romani and now has a long history of Witches that can be touched on but that alone doesn't make her diverse.

If there was a whole team of just white people but different ethnic groups within Europe that wouldn't be considered diverse sorry but that is just a fact.