View Poll Results: Should Scarlet Witch be called The Pretender?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! She’s the Pretender!

62 38.04%
  • No! Stop calling her that!

101 61.96%
Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble but the X-men have always done their own thing in Marvel U. Sure there have been cross overs where they interact with other super heroes but they have always been in their own space in the Marvel U. What you are talking about is the period when Marvel was replacing them with the Inhumans basically making them the mutants. That was already fixed when they massacred all the NUInhumans.
    Don't worry about bursting my bubble, not only was I referring to a time when mutants were shown all throughout the Marvel U and not just in Uncanny X-Men, but I have been reading Marvel comics since the early 80's and quite fondly recall the X-Men showing up in a story with Fantastic Four or Avengers as often as Spider-Man or Hulk might.

And, yes, you caught on to my referencing an era which included the Inhumans, but just because they are not trying to make the Inhumans happen anymore does not mean Marvel has gotten past the mentality of making X-Men stories too insular, and keeping the rest of the Marvel U apathetic to the existence of mutant characters at best.

Quote Originally Posted by outburstz View Post
    krakoa is bringing back to life the people who wanda killed as well as lost their powers because of her. What sense would it make for the people who lost their powers or flat out died to not mention her at all. Like huh?

This is exactly what i mean by getting bent out of shape over people not liking wanda. It makes perfect sense for what krakoa is doing and wanda is still running around free as a bird for writer to do what ever they want with her just like in her solo where she was starting to make a rogues gallery.

If x-men and mutants want to bring up one of the most impactful storylines in their history why the hell shouldn't they be able to do that? Act like it didn't happen like seriously? Even more so the fact that krakoa is touching on mutants directly affected by her. No sense
    thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by eliasmachado View Post
    thank you!
    Seems rather immature for people to get bent out of shape about it. Probably just angsty teens. I hope so anyway. Hard to imagine adults acting like that over something so trivial in the grand scheme of life. Over something that is actually good story telling i might add.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Krakoa is bringing back to life the people who Wanda killed as well as lost their powers because of her. What sense would it make for the people who lost their powers or flat out died to not mention her at all. Like huh?

This is exactly what I mean by getting bent out of shape over people not liking Wanda. It makes perfect sense for what Krakoa is doing and Wanda is still running around free as a bird for writer to do what ever they want with her just like in her solo where she was starting to make a rogues gallery.

If X-men and mutants want to bring up one of the most impactful storylines in their history why the hell shouldn't they be able to do that? Act like it didn't happen like seriously? Even more so the fact that Krakoa is touching on mutants directly affected by her. No sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    Seems rather immature for people to get bent out of shape about it. Probably just angsty teens. I hope so anyway. Hard to imagine adults acting like that over something so trivial in the grand scheme of life. Over something that is actually good story telling i might add.
    Ohhh, I can much less be concerned that their are fans that don’t like Wanda, every character has that it is a lesson one needs to learn very early in fandoms no one is loved by all, each for their own unique reasons, that is reality. So no complaints from me either on poor old Wanda, her character has enough story, strength, impressive canon and a great fandom to back her up well that is growing quite nicely, her struggles and getting stronger threw them is one of the reasons I adore her character so much!

I like the discussions and debates to put out the facts where they need to see put to set the history as best as one can and see when both teaching happens, agree and disagreeing with fans happen and how to better understand Wanda and other facts about X-Men threw this as well. Also to put history on Marvel heads in charge and the responsibly in all stories.

My hope is for good stories going forward and for them to be serious if they choose to act on this Hickman plot point, I just don’t agree with the name or meaning behind it like many others don’t. That is why their is equal reason on not trusting they would not fall and spin their wheels on this point either, we have to see what they decided but they have allot to prove too.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I just agreed with the fact that Wanda's act (even though it was not purposeful), is part of a story that involves mutants and is being referenced now, perhaps to have a proper ending to all of this. Not something that will please everyone, because that is impossible. I don't hate Wanda, hating fictional characters doesn't get you anywhere. And I understand why Wanda fans don't like it, but unfortunately at MU she did what she did against other characters. But for some reason they (the mutants) can't have any hard feelings about it ...

I don't think anyone's getting bent outta shape...if anything our shape's pretty rigid in the form of an X. And wouldn't it be more immature ti just soooo immature why participate?
    But for some reason they (the mutants) can't have any hard feelings about it ...
    This! So much this! I really wonder why this is the case tho?
    GrindrStone(D)

I just agreed with the fact that Wanda's act (even though it was not purposeful), is part of a story that involves mutants and is being referenced now, perhaps to have a proper ending to all of this. Not something that will please everyone, because that is impossible. I don't hate Wanda, hating fictional characters doesn't get you anywhere. And I understand why Wanda fans don't like it, but unfortunately at MU she did what she did against other characters. But for some reason they (the mutants) can't have any hard feelings about it ...
    I will take the mutants seriously about Wanda if they have hard feelings about Cassandra Nova who has done worse than removing powers… (And hard feelings about Sinister and some others too, by the way. The “he is a mutant, everything can be forgiven” doesn't take in account feelings, I think.)
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I hate to burst your bubble but the X-men have always done their own thing in Marvel U. Sure there have been cross overs where they interact with other super heroes but they have always been in their own space in the Marvel U. What you are talking about is the period when Marvel was replacing them with the Inhumans basically making them the mutants. That was already fixed when they massacred all the NUInhumans.

Yeah no Wanda does not add diversity to the Avengers team even when she was a mutant. She was raised by Romani and now has a long history of Witches that can be touched on but that alone doesn't make her diverse.

If there was a whole team of just white people but different ethnic groups within Europe that wouldn't be considered diverse sorry but that is just a fact.
    That is diversity because diversity isn’t just skin deep. Diversity is different walks of life and different cultures. Of which Europe has as they also have poc too.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 05-06-2021 at 04:19 PM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I don't think anyone's getting bent outta shape...if anything our shape's pretty rigid in the form of an X. And wouldn't it be more immature ti just soooo immature why participate?

This! So much this! I really wonder why this is the case tho?
    That’s not the case. The case is she is presented as in story as intentionally evil to mutants when the situation was complex before she committed the atrocity

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    That’s not the case. The case is she is presented as in story as intentionally evil to mutants when the situation was complex before she committed the atrocity
    Almost every case is involving hard feelings is complex
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Almost every case is involving hard feelings is complex
    What hard feelings? Mutants have every right to hate Wanda and want proper justice to be served. All I’m saying is don’t make it seem like that was her intention all along when events leading up to it where a factor and complex.

Fantastic Member

Remember that time Thor was a willing supporter of Hydra Cap?

Marvel Editorial doesn't. They forgot about it in a matter of weeks.

We have become so bombarded with events that crossovers are so common place that people think characters have to crossover all the time.

I think the different parts of the Marvel universe should be more segregated, so writers can tell better stories. The reason that Daredevil is one of Marvel's most consistently high quality comics is because DD has his own stories and isn't saddled with crossovers.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post

We have become so bombarded with events that crossovers are so common place that people think characters have to crossover all the time.

I think the different parts of the Marvel universe should be more segregated, so writers can tell better stories. The reason that Daredevil is one of Marvel's most consistently high quality comics is because DD has his own stories and isn't saddled with crossovers.
    They really need to take a break from most all crossovers cause even the major events that happen in them are quickly forgotten now and mean little going forward after them they have lost so much of their impact sadly. Let the books jell for a year or 2 to make crossovers have some beef again, their is no beef their or as much anymore.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post

I miss when comic titles basically told their own stories, too. It was all nearly just as interconnected, but the shared universe wasn’t accomplished through these giant crossovers. Splitting up a story across so many creators and titles damages a story by weakening strong, good authors’ POV.

Unfortunately, I don’t think that style of comic is coming back to DC or Marvel anytime soon. The Big Two are too dependent on the revenue generated by these comic “events.” I think the X titles, steered by a strong editorial hand from Hickman, are about the best we can hope for from Marvel these days.
    Last edited by Brian B; 05-06-2021 at 07:49 PM.

BTW, Wanda’s no pretender.

She’s only another retcon or plot away from being Magneto’s daughter. I can’t believe Marvel will go forward permanently with her change in parentage. They might not make her a mutant again, though. Assuming the MCU wants Wanda to continue being a good guy, Marvel Comics will end up rehabilitating Wanda, too. Basically, she already is. It’s only the X books which continue to paint her as a bad guy. It will end sooner or later, and Wanda will be the superhero we all knew, unless the MCU makes her into a baddie.