View Poll Results: Should Scarlet Witch be called The Pretender?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! She’s the Pretender!

62 38.04%
  • No! Stop calling her that!

101 61.96%
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

No. How can you pretend to be something everyone told you you were. How can you pretend to be someones daughter if they are calling themselves your father. xavier called her a mutant, Magneto did. So if she is a pretender they are liars. But then it could be literal in that she is pretending to be wanda and magneto and them think the real mutant wanda and pietro are somewhere else.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-01-2021 at 07:11 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

She's a pretender because she pretended to be a mutant. It's that simple. It doesn't matter if it was intentional or not because by definition she was pretending to be a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    she's a mutant and since her crime was against mutants she should be trialed in mutant court

Magneto/Polaris should be the defense. make amends and unite the family. prosecution could be literally anyone.
    I don't see why Polaris has to be dragged into this simply because she's related to them when the whole House of M mess had nothing to do with her. Magneto has a bare of responsibility with the decimation since he helped Pietro hide Wanda away from the Avengers and X-men who wanted to help her and had no problem putting himself as the ruler of the new reality Wanda made and had no qualms whatsoever to benefit from it. He used Wanda for his own gain when she was at a very vulnerable point which lead to Wanda's infamous "no more mutant".

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

There are better words than Pretender for her crimes but obviously she needs to be part of Krakoa’s lore. You can’t tell the history of Mutants nor the need for unity and a homeland by leaving out the single worst event in Mutant history. You can’t leave out the person who went to the world’s greatest supervillain, accepted the power from him to bring your kind to the edge of extinction with just three little words. And you can’t leave out that human “heroes” and alien empires are protecting her, think her actions no big deal and believe no punishment is deserved. Mutants need to always remember they’re all alone and no one thinks their near extinction matters.

I hope Rogue told everyone what she said - “Why was it so important that more mutants be born?”
    Last edited by useridgoeshere; 05-01-2021 at 07:17 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    No. How can you pretend to be something everyone told you you were. How can you pretend to be someones daughter if they are calling themselves your father. xavier called her a mutant, Magneto did. So if she is a pretender they are liars. But then it could be literal in that she is pretending to be wanda and magneto and them think the real mutant wanda and pietro are somewhere else.
    Yeah, I hate the Pretender title. Pretender implies some kind of deliberate deception or falsehood. Wanda wasn't "pretending" to be a mutant, she truly believed that she was. (And hopefully, Marvel will someday make it so again, because that retcon was nonsense.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    Yeah, I hate the Pretender title. Pretender implies some kind of deliberate deception or falsehood. Wanda wasn't "pretending" to be a mutant, she truly believed that she was. (And hopefully, Marvel will someday make it so again, because that retcon was nonsense.)
    Magneto also believe she was his daughter, now it is very suspicious

funny that no one calls Pietro the pretender

Wanda Rachel Dolezal Maximoff

My god another thread about Wanda I swear you guys are just too much give it up.

She isn't a mutant and never was according to the current canon and mutants hate her for the genocide that she pulled vs them period full stop

Everything else you guys are saying is pointless

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Magneto also believe she was his daughter, now it is very suspicious

funny that no one calls Pietro the pretender
    Because Pietro never said "No more mutants". After leaving the brotherhood Pietro never got involved with mutants until House of M. There's also the fact that Pietro lost his powers in the decimation.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Because Pietro never said "No more mutants". After leaving the brotherhood Pietro never got involved with mutants until House of M. There's also the fact that Pietro lost his powers in the decimation.
    Pietro was part of X-Factor.

Also, only mutants lost their powers in the decimation. Including Pietro. Who is a mutant. I don’t care what retcon they used. The high evolutionary is a known liar, so we only have his word...

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    My god another thread about Wanda I swear you guys are just too much give it up.

She isn't a mutant and never was according to the current canon and mutants hate her for the genocide that she pulled vs them period full stop

Everything else you guys are saying is pointless
    Godwins Law

It's something Kurt should investigate in Way of X. .

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Pietro was part of X-Factor.
    And, he was an member of the Genoshan cabinet. He did stay up with mutant affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's something Kurt should investigate in Way of X. .

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    He's a former priest. He can provide absolution .

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    She's a pretender because she pretended to be a mutant. It's that simple. It doesn't matter if it was intentional or not because by definition she was pretending to be a mutant.

I don't see why Polaris has to be dragged into this simply because she's related to them when the whole House of M mess had nothing to do with her. Magneto has a bare of responsibility with the decimation since he helped Pietro hide Wanda away from the Avengers and X-men who wanted to help her and had no problem putting himself as the ruler of the new reality Wanda made and had no qualms whatsoever to benefit from it. He used Wanda for his own gain when she was at a very vulnerable point which lead to Wanda's infamous "no more mutant".
    Wanda didnīt pretend because as far as she knew she was a mutant and on Axis she discovered she wasnīt one, her case is quite similar to Franklin Richards, they both genuinely believed they were mutants. I am in favor of Wanda making reparations for decimation but pretender, even as an insult, doesnt make sense with her actual story and the X-men should know better than to name her that way imo, itīs one of the things I dislike about Hickmanīs run and I hope he has at least a reason behind this.

Now about HoM: Magneto didnīt hide Wanda the X-men and the Avengers knew he was trying to heal her on Genosha, they even knew Xavier and Dr Strange were in charge of her treatment. Magneto didnīt want to become HoM leader, he was mentally manipulated just like the Avengers and X-men were, the only ones aware of what was happening were Pietro and Wanda who were in charge of creating that alternative universe.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-01-2021 at 09:43 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022