View Poll Results: Should Scarlet Witch be called The Pretender?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! She’s the Pretender!

62 38.04%
  • No! Stop calling her that!

101 61.96%
Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    You are getting caught in the specifics of M Day instead of what resulted from M Day which is only a hand full of mutants remaining. They have a better chance to handle treats together than a part that is the take away.
    Barely, for the most part it seems they are making such threats even worse or creating them.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The first warp. Not the second one
    Thanks for the clarification. I forgot about the second one

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think the main advantage of Krakoa is that they can use the portals to quickly leave earth to the moon, Shiar territory or SWORD if it comes to it and they are also developing estrategies to deal with different situations, mixing their powers so I think as far as security goes they are doing a good job.

Another advantage of Krakoa and that now mutants around the world, even the ones who choose to stay on their country of origin, know they can go to Krakoa if they need to, that´s an option they didn´t have before.

About the argument of the X-men just surviving, I think it´s false to say they have to choose between helping humans or mutants when they can and have in fact done both on Krakoa, they can keep saving the world wheter it needs them but now they also have a place to live in peace, without having their house burned down or having to hide where they live. The new X-men team will have the mission to help and defend everyone after all.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-09-2021 at 12:39 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Barely, for the most part it seems they are making such threats even worse or creating them.
    Did you by chance read Rosencanny? Do you know the state of affairs they were in pre Krakoa?

It's like night and day and the mutant species as a whole has never been healthier.

It seems like you're trying to rationalize not wanting the mutants to be unified with the "he's a good ole boy" logic.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 05-10-2021 at 03:33 AM.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Before Krakoa mutants were being hunted to extinction by the USA government and had to live in refugees in sewers or in eastern European countries.

Shortly before that, they were facing legislation in the United States that wanted to deport them.

Shortly before that, they were living in Limbo because the Inhumans were gassing them to death and sterilization inadvertently.

But yeah, Krakoa is worse for them.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Did you by chance read Rosencanny? Do you know the state of affairs they were in pre Krakoa?

It's like night and day and the mutant species as a whole has never been healthier.

It seems like you're trying to rationalize not wanting the mutants to be unified with the "he's a good ole boy" logic.
    Nah I just like to point out flaws. I like this era just pointing out how it seems that it trying to stop certain enemies they end up making said enemies more of a threat to them. Strength in numbers is only good when the majority has the resolve to make a stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Before Krakoa mutants were being hunted to extinction by the USA government and had to live in refugees in sewers or in eastern European countries.

Shortly before that, they were facing legislation in the United States that wanted to deport them.

Shortly before that, they were living in Limbo because the Inhumans were gassing them to death and sterilization inadvertently.

Get ready for the predictable but they are on the island with mutant villains and nazi post XD

I mean Wolverine did have a point when he told Beast Krakoa has the potential to make them soft. Being able to resurrect can make you careless. I remember what the governments have done or tried to do to mutants. Not saying mutants shouldn’t have a nation of their own. Just seeing a Utopia like nation, be it anyone who makes it, just brings out the devil in me and I like to point out the cracks.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Did you by chance read Rosencanny? Do you know the state of affairs they were in pre Krakoa?.
    It did not matter what Rosenberg wrote, Hickman was already planned. And would you be dumping on Krakoa if everything was peaches during Rosencanny?

Anway, see below:

Marvel writers are worse for them, nothing about Krakoa stops anything from happening that the Marvel writers don't go and make happen. That is an inarguable fact. M day, Fart cloud, Genocidal creepy womb twins. All of it still happens. Another fact: Krakoa didn't 'save' them in Moira's past life either. Krakoa is not the endgame, it is just the now while we wait for Hickman to tell us the actual solution.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It did not matter what Rosenberg wrote, Hickman was already planned. And would you be dumping on Krakoa if everything was peaches during Rosencanny?

Anway, see below:

Marvel writers are worse for them, nothing about Krakoa stops anything from happening that the Marvel writers don't go and make happen. That is an inarguable fact. M day, Fart cloud, Genocidal creepy womb twins. All of it still happens. Another fact: Krakoa didn't 'save' them in Moira's past life either. Krakoa is not the endgame, it is just the now while we wait for Hickman to tell us the actual solution.
    Don't care about what if's only what's happened. Regardless of what you feel about Rosencanny it happened and this status quo is post Rosencanny.

10 different writers could write 50 different animals farting rainbows and unicorns at the mutants, but until it happens it's irrelevant.

The endgame is getting rid of nimrod and stopping the false humans. Krakoa is a huge step in getting there. They know more than they ever have in life ten compared to life nine.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I mean Wolverine did have a point when he told Beast Krakoa has the potential to make them soft. Being able to resurrect can make you careless. I remember what the governments have done or tried to do to mutants. Not saying mutants shouldn’t have a nation of their own. Just seeing a Utopia like nation, be it anyone who makes it, just brings out the devil in me and I like to point out the cracks.
    Of course Krakoa is softer than how they were in Utopia or what Arakko is, because they don't have to worry 24/7 about the possibility of being horribly murdered.

Is it a really bad thing that they have time to soften up?

Of course Krakoa is softer than how they were in Utopia or what Arakko is, because they don't have to worry 24/7 about the possibility of being horribly murdered.

Is it a really bad thing that they have time to soften up?
    I wasn’t actually referring to Utopia the island but the concept itself. They have every right to feel at home and all the feelings that come with it. I’m just that type of fan that likes to point out cracks and flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post

Anway, see below:

Good observation. Rosenberg run was preparation for Hickman's run, mutants on the brink of extintction again was editorially mandated.

Yeah krakoa isn't the solution

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    Wanda genuinely believed herself to a be a mutant. Everyone else, including a bald telepath with a mutant detection machine, believed her to be a mutant. Pretending requires intentional deception, so she clearly wasn't pretending. She was just as deceived as everyone else regarding her status as a mutant. The same goes for Pietro. The same goes, unfortunately, for Franklin Richards.
    Thank you. Someone gets it.

KraKoa is bad for Mutants?!??!
    Y'all must've killed it during the President fitness test cause the reach Is incredible!!

Meant to post this Waaay earlier lol
    GrindrStone(D)