View Poll Results: Should Scarlet Witch be called The Pretender?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! She’s the Pretender!

62 38.04%
  • No! Stop calling her that!

101 61.96%
Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    KraKoa is bad for Mutants?!??!
    Y'all must've killed it during the President fitness test cause the reach Is incredible!!

Meant to post this Waaay earlier lol
    Not bad but prone to make more careless mistakes than usual
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

KraKoa is bad for Mutants?!??!
    Y'all must've killed it during the President fitness test cause the reach Is incredible!!

Meant to post this Waaay earlier lol
    Personally i do not think is a bad thing. But while solve some issue it does, like ALL things in existance, raise other problem that our heroes will eventually face.
    Just that. But is nott hat without Krakoa they would have been better. It does nto work like that in real live, and surely as hell does not work like that in Marvel Universe, where the most common thing that could happen to any heroe or heroine is to see their beloved ones die MULTIPLE times, and it shouldn't be THAT common occurence( if betsy ross die another time and she too will join 6ft under club with Gwen Stacy, elektra and Jean Grey).
    I relly think that there seeds of possible civil war inside this society, with some lingering darkness runnign through Krakoa, and not always coming from the villains, who too are troubling, but from general condition.
    Fun FAct: did you know that this type of resurrection, used before by Eternals and by the Jackal and pretty much every geneticist who messed up with Celestial tech, has the unintended side effect to damage the sould of the resurrected if they deia dn comeback too often, too close to each rebirth. COnfirmed by death itself to poor Ben Reilly....(just to confirm that MU is not nice place to live). Made me think that this could be a problem fi our merry mutatn don't get little bit more cautious. (one wonder exactyl what would entail having one soul damaged or destroyed. Canonically you CAN live without soul in MU(Fitzroy, many Ghost rider enemies..), but is unclear what the effect on the person are....)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I’m still scratching my head trying to figure out how being on an island defends them from a spell cast. Magick is a strong sorceress but when it comes to defense that really ain’t her strong suit as far as I’ve seen when it comes to curses.
    You've forgotten that Forge is basically a techno-mage haven't you? He can basically mix Tech and Magic as he is a sorcerer in his own right. So he can basically design a Tech shield system for the island that can be reinforced by Magic.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 05-15-2021 at 03:15 PM.

Astonishing Member

Nah I just like to point out flaws. I like this era just pointing out how it seems that it trying to stop certain enemies they end up making said enemies more of a threat to them. Strength in numbers is only good when the majority has the resolve to make a stand.
    Considering the start of this era had "mutants always lose" and "We have to break all the rules" why wouldn't the creation of mutant island nation make the bigots well act more like bigots? And I don't agree with the idea that the creation of new xenophobic groups means the threats against mutant kind are suddenly escalating. Before Krakoa mutants were on the verge of becoming extinct (again) the X-men were gone and believed to be dead, the government was pushing a mutant "cure", and Scott's team was being massacred every other day.

Despite new threats popping up Krakoa is still a net positive for mutantdom with them being in the best postion to enact real change than they ever were before. From 198 knutson's worldwide to the meeting population "seemingly exploding overnight" I'd say that's a pretty big win.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Don't care about what if's only what's happened. Regardless of what you feel about Rosencanny it happened and this status quo is post Rosencanny.

10 different writers could write 50 different animals farting rainbows and unicorns at the mutants, but until it happens it's irrelevant.

The endgame is getting rid of nimrod and stopping the false humans. Krakoa is a huge step in getting there. They know more than they ever have in life ten compared to life nine.
    It's arguable what "they" know and by they I mean Moira, Xavier and Magneto because everyone else knows jack **** about anything. It's not like they have a playbook on what's going to happen, us doing this stops that from happening. Everyone of Moira's lives unfolded differently, this one is no different, they are no closer to preventing Homo Novissima from coming to fruition. In fact everything they have been doing seems to make the future they are trying to prevent more likely. Declaring themselves Gods, flexing and flaunting their power, undermining human businesses and whatever actions they undertake during their gala. All that and more is galvanizing the opposition like never before and despite what they think the humans are not just going to lie down and die. Mutants are riding high right now, but the inevitable fall is coming if Hickman and company have the stones to do it and not just be pro mutant partisan fan boys/girls. Lets see if they can write a compelling story where its not all about mutants having their way and winning at everything. I'm currently skeptical they can and will.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    You've forgotten that Forge is basically a techno-mage haven't you? He can basically mix Tech and Magic as he is a sorcerer in his own right. So he can basically design a Tech shield system for the island that can be reinforced by Magic.
    Forge hasn’t worked with magic for a long time so he is out of practice. Wanda’s spells are complex, the Decimation spell was so complex Strange the Sorcerer Supreme couldn’t protect every mutant and couldn’t undo the spell cause it risked destroying the universe. Now if Forge worked with Magick I could see them creating a strong defense against magical threats but a spell as strong as Wanda’s did on M-day would probably shatter the defense. Though that’s just my opinion and I like to rain on people’s parade

Forge hasn’t worked with magic for a long time so he is out of practice. Wanda’s spells are complex, the Decimation spell was so complex Strange the Sorcerer Supreme couldn’t protect every mutant and couldn’t undo the spell cause it risked destroying the universe. Now if Forge worked with Magick I could see them creating a strong defense against magical threats but a spell as strong as Wanda’s did on M-day would probably shatter the defense. Though that’s just my opinion and I like to rain on people’s parade
    Lol damn the Pretenders prepping another Genocide....must be Tuesday lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Lol damn the Pretenders prepping another Genocide....must be Tuesday lol
    Just saying a spell like that is hard to defend against. I’m tired of extinction story lines for mutants and I’m interested in this era. I’m just that person who likes to see how it can go wrong for them, and that applies to human superheroes too.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

You’re right that Wanda is the single biggest threat to Mutant survival. She’s always just one bad day from trying to exterminate them again. Just because she failed once doesn’t she will always fail. That’s why it’s so important to share the story with younger Mutants so they don’t forget or let their guard down.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    You’re right that Wanda is the single biggest threat to Mutant survival. She’s always just one bad day from trying to exterminate them again. Just because she failed once doesn’t she will always fail. That’s why it’s so important to share the story with younger Mutants so they don’t forget or let their guard down.
    Only if she tapped into a power strong enough to do it again. Which isn't likely. Marvel isn't gonna let her wipe out mutants, unless their sales slide enough.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Just saying a spell like that is hard to defend against. I’m tired of extinction story lines for mutants and I’m interested in this era. I’m just that person who likes to see how it can go wrong for them, and that applies to human superheroes too.
    Nothing a stab to the gut can't solve.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Nothing a stab to the gut can't solve.
    I mean that was prevented after they went back in time to stop Rogue cause they found out the Earth was framed for killing a Celestial. So... I mean your not wrong but I don’t think that’ll work a second time unless it’s with Magick’s soul sword and then a stab from something else

I mean that was prevented after they went back in time to stop Rogue cause they found out the Earth was framed for killing a Celestial. So... I mean your not wrong but I don’t think that’ll work a second time unless it’s with Magick’s soul sword and then a stab from something else
    she's probably not bulletproof
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    One bad day? That was some pretty unique circumstances and a massive amount of manipulation and trauma that led her to that. It's not like she woke up, found out a mutant had caused her favorite TV show to get canceled, and decided to wipe them all off the planet or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    One bad day? That was some pretty unique circumstances and a massive amount of manipulation and trauma that led her to that. It's not like she woke up, found out a mutant had caused her favorite TV show to get canceled, and decided to wipe them all off the planet or anything.
    She was angry towards “her father” who killed her brother… Magneto is no longer her father so the problem is solved.

However, if the cancelled TV show is Wandavision…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe