View Poll Results: Should Scarlet Witch be called The Pretender?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! She’s the Pretender!

62 38.04%
  • No! Stop calling her that!

101 61.96%
Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    I want Wanda to show up at the Gala, maybe with her Avengers’ friends.

It will not happen, but imagine the fun!

She’d be at the party, nibbling appetizers, and when a waiter offers her a tray with some food, she’d be like...

“No more...”

The entire party would go silent and just go, “GASP!” Then Wanda finishes!

“...prosciutto-wrapped melon balls!

“Please! Enough!”

Think of the fun. The dialogue would write itself.
    Even though I genuinely want resolution...this would be pretty damn hilarious...

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Depowering herself would be a good start too.
    She already doesn’t have the power she had when she was possessed by the Life Force.

Should all “villains” be depowered then?

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Sure, we're the only ones with that aggression and micro aggression, lol. Poor victims.
    Lol right. The side that would put a bullet in someone’s head is being “micro-aggressioned” against.

Poll results are looking spiffy compared to some years ago. Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 05-19-2021 at 05:57 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I would just like closure for this and the official end of decimation, I would not mind if she somehow appears on Way of X and helps fight off Onslaught,that would go a long way into healing her relationships with mutants. I hope marvel attemps at least one of these things but I get the feeling marvel comics is waiting for MCU Wanda to appear on Dr Strange movie to give her a role because I don´t see why they would keep her out of comics for such a long time, unless Jason Aaron especifically said they could not use her or any other Avenger appart from the ones he´s using.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I would just like closure for this and the official end of decimation, I would not mind if she somehow appears on Way of X and helps fight off Onslaught,that would go a long way into healing her relationships with mutants. I hope marvel attemps at least one of these things but I get the feeling marvel comics is waiting for MCU Wanda to appear on Dr Strange movie to give her a role because I don´t see why they would keep her out of comics for such a long time, unless Jason Aaron especifically said they could not use her or any other Avenger appart from the ones he´s using.
    Agree. I mean, a story in which she is the star and shines and grows would be my FAVORITE option, but her showing up to help Mutantkind in their darkest hour, unexpectedly, would be awesome as well. And go a LONG way towards closure.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I personally would like a story in which she helps save the day WITH the mutants, that way I think their relationship would heal faster and it´s way of seeing each other on equal footing, because I think one of the reasons HoM happened was because Wanda has not really seen herself as part of mutantkind since a long time ago, so even her intend to make up for decimation have been done from an outsider pov and that distance needs to be addressed imo and well Spurrier bassically admited on an interview there are plans for Wanda on the X-side but he wasn´t specific about which title,so far only SWORD and Way of X have made references to her, oen is dealing with the Anhiliation and the other with Onslaught so any of those titles is a good place as any for her to appear and do something positive for mutants imo
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-19-2021 at 07:53 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I'm not a fan of Wanda coming to the rescue of the Mutants etc I would rather they fix it themselves afterall if she can fix the problem she can cause it again....Nah the mutants need to take back control heck even though it is bashed crazy these days I would rather the PF come in and repower everyone depowered then go back to guarding the MKraan Crystal....but take its out SW's hands or power to wield such control like that over them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post

Don't be cute tryna assume shit about my life
    I can't help it being cute is my Mutant power but of course you'd want to keep me from expressing it. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Sure, we're the only ones with that aggression and micro aggression, lol. Poor victims.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    She already doesn’t have the power she had when she was possessed by the Life Force.

Lol right. The side that would put a bullet in someone’s head is being “micro-aggressioned” against.

ahem...
    Poll results are looking spiffy compared to some years ago. Keep up the good work!
    Congrats....I do sit awed by her fans tenacity
    buuuut eventually every year it's just the same fans voting tho but I guess having the need to poll the popularity of thePretender in an X-Men explains the posts above...idk
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Another case of wanda being pretty much just....a living macguffin in these years. minimal agenda outside the usual tropes. And just used to make stuff happen. not interesting stuff. Just stuff.
    Even more than the damage she did to the Mutant franchise, i think this is what tick me on the wrong way. You could replace her with anything and anyone. Wouldn't change stories much.
    Frustrating.
    On side note.
    Why do you guys think that what worked for Iron Fuhrer, Stevil, Cocconed Grey, and many others...did not worked with Scarlet Witch? I mean they too did VERY bad things in readers eyes, but eventually the writer found a way to put it all under the rug resetting the character(tony Stark multiple times...at this point rebooting his mind is PART of his character!) but with Scarlet didn't worked, and is still a fresh wound for Mutant fandom. Much like One more day is a festering gash for Spiderman fans.
    Why doo you think is so.
    My theory is that there was no real closure nor somber reflection of the character upon his/her actions nor consideration about the implication of getting a get "out of jail free" moment. somethign was amiss.
    <<By the way I do not think that kill or demonizing her is the right way. Why not a trial. A real trial, with judges, defence , prosecutor and jury. Let's see if Wanda is more repsonsible thant Pietro(another guy who got tooo easily off the hook considering how SHITTY he was toward any living being that is not him. The worst was exposing forcefully his daughter to terrigenesis knowing well that could have had horrific consequences on her..That was the moment pietro was dead to me as character)>>
    Congratulations! You decoded what exactly many Wanda fans feel. Really, she got her own history and lore nuked just to be a plot device.
    Really, they should just use a lifeless object to do the job.
    SW doesn't work because what she hurt is a fandom with fans, not faceless aliens in the background.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    lol right some folks

She really did
    The Pretender is like an old dog you get from the pound has incontinence and likes to roll around in the poop then roll on your white carpets buuut some folks cool with that...

It shoal is.

Could be from the other side

That wasn't Jesn

The aggression and micro aggression from The Pretenders fans probably doesn't help lol
    Which is shown by how us pretender fans react to those tiring posts. Oh wait, how are those threads happnening in the first place.
    Must be X-fans feeling our aggressions out of thin air and cannot help but creating threads in self-defense I guess?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I think you hit the nail on the head. There has not been resolution. Jean, even BEFORE coming back, had a moment of horrified realization and took drastic, tragic a tion. She paid for her crimes with her life, and she was willing to pay that price, and worked since her return to be better. And even then, the few surviving space Broccoli STILL hated her for what she did, and rightly so. Stevil had the whole 'evil twin' thing, Tony literally rebooted himself, we're FINALLY dealing with OMD...but Wanda still gets off scott free and any call to hold her accountible gets met with accusations by her fans that we 'just hate her for no reason', or we 'hate' the Avengers, when, at least on my part, I enjoy both franchises, and dont like having this lingering...horrorshow hanging over EITHER team anymore. I just dont consider the lazy, 'it was Doctor Doom/it was done under the influence of some force we've never heard of before or since' answer of Childrens Crusade to be a satisfying resolution. Especially in light of her blatant disdain for the valid grievances of the people she wronged when it came to her portrayal in UA.

There has been lip service paid to the idea of genuine resolution, like Wanda promising to help other mutants get their powers back...and then only ever canonically helping Julio and just...flitting about, doing her thing without a care in the world to her promise. Then, there was her run in Uncanny Avengers, where not only did she not accept any blame for her actions, she blamed the people she had harmed for being mad at her. Then, there's AvX, in which the Avengers once again assume they know better about everything, in every situation, arrogantly CAUSING the very Phoenix 5 situation she helped Hope fix. And then she bounced off to her own little world again, blowing off her responsibilities in favor of romancing a green-themed, male version of herself. And then, there's her zombification of the dead of Genosha - not her problem to deal with, made things worse - after which she AGAIN just...f***ed off at the end and let Strange fix things for her, no sense of duty or responsibility for the horrors she had AGAIN forced mutants to go through because she thinks she knows best.

If the Wanda thing ever is to be resolved, we have to see her GIVE a crap about the lives she recklessly took, brutally altered, and shows ZERO remorse over. The zombification of Genosha wasn't about her making anything right. No one asked her to do that. That wasn't anything anyone was mad at her for. She decided on her own that she was going to 'fix' something unrelated to her crime and that would be enough, even if the Sorceror Supreme said 'Bad idea!' This wasnt to ACTUALLY make amends, but to make herself feel better.

That's like if the USA decided to finally make reparations to the descendants of those it enslaved and murdered over the centuries, and the reparations were...making sure that immigrants from this point on all get socks. Socks formerly worn by lepers. But hey, it's the thought that counts...all good, right?

No.

Wanda needs to ask the people she wronged how THEY want her to make things right. Some will want blood, and that's fair, even if highly unlikely as an outcome. But if the writers are clever and respect continuity, Charles and Erik could easily give her a task, something seemingly impossible that ONLY she could accomplish. Seeing her work that task, seeing her sweat, bleed and sacrifice to make things right, would go a LONG way towards redeeming her. All anyone wants is closure. Sure, some want that to take the form of revenge, but that's not helpful or useful or lasting.

I'm imagining something along the lines of "When you made your wish, you erased the X-Gene on more earths than this. You are a Nexus being and a powerful sorceress, as well as (possibly, if re-retconned before this) a mutant. If you want us to forgive you, to move past your sins against us, you must find a way to restore what you stole away. Repair what you broke. When this task is done...then, we will speak again."

And then the story could follow Wanda across the multiverse, sort of a new Exiles title, as she seeks out not only a way to redeem herself, but a purpose beyond being a deus ex machina or living MacGuffin. It could be a great story, a mutant Odyssey of sorts.

Or, we can just keep shrugging and pretending that these half-assed, not helpful at all promises and actions count as 'redemption' and anyone waiting for something real is just a hater. All that'll do is keep us lamenting that she never seems to show up except to remind us of her greatest crime and then go away until it's time for another reminder...
    The problem is Wanda is not an X-character, she is basically not allowed to solve X-problem, which is why her causing X-problem in the first place is a bad idea.
    She pretty much has no space in that franchise, let alone pull off a long-ass thought-out storyline to solve the mess that is HoM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    I'm not a fan of Wanda coming to the rescue of the Mutants etc I would rather they fix it themselves afterall if she can fix the problem she can cause it again....Nah the mutants need to take back control heck even though it is bashed crazy these days I would rather the PF come in and repower everyone depowered then go back to guarding the MKraan Crystal....but take its out SW's hands or power to wield such control like that over them again.
    Yeah, she is not an X-character, making her a plot device for them in the first place is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Which is shown by how us pretender fans react to those tiring posts. Oh wait, how are those threads happnening in the first place.
    Must be X-fans feeling our aggressions out of thin air and cannot help but creating threads in self-defense I guess?
    I meeean were in a X-Men forum tho? It's like going in the DC section and getting mad folks are dissing Marvel lol
    GrindrStone(D)

There are other methods and maybe they should be, but let's start with her.

At least you put her in the same class as all villains. Madame T-Virus has earned it surely.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    There are other methods and maybe they should be, but let's start with her.

At least you put her in the same class as all villains. Madame T-Virus has earned it surely.
    Yet she is the one “villain” that is being taught to those on the island to fear and hated the most. Though I do wonder what would depowering really do? It’s been shown at times Wanda wouldn’t mind being without powers so is that really a punishment to her?
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!