View Poll Results: Should Scarlet Witch be called The Pretender?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! She’s the Pretender!

62 38.04%
  • No! Stop calling her that!

101 61.96%
Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Yet she is the one “villain” that is being taught to those on the island to fear and hated the most.
    Cassandra Nova looks much more like a fairy tale witch than Wanda. Where is the bogeywoman now?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Cassandra Nova looks much more like a fairy tale witch than Wanda. Where is the bogeywoman now?
    Exactly. Cassandra committed the greatest act of mutant genocide yet we haven’t heard anyone talk about her the way they do Wanda. Yeah Wanda should get the hate cause she did ruin lives, but so should Cassandra. I don’t mind if Wanda has to do some quest for atonement by asking the QC what she can do to at least try to show them she is serious about accepting proper punishment for what happened.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Yet she is the one “villain” that is being taught to those on the island to fear and hated the most. Though I do wonder what would depowering really do? It’s been shown at times Wanda wouldn’t mind being without powers so is that really a punishment to her?
    Exactly, lol. She was without powers the whole time she no longer had her memories. And was just going on with life in Eastern Europe.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Exactly. Cassandra committed the greatest act of mutant genocide yet we haven’t heard anyone talk about her the way they do Wanda. Yeah Wanda should get the hate cause she did ruin lives, but so should Cassandra. I don’t mind if Wanda has to do some quest for atonement by asking the QC what she can do to at least try to show them she is serious about accepting proper punishment for what happened.
    Let's be honest, that wouldn't be enough. They'd still demand she be a narrative slave to the X-books for having been fridged. It's a power trip thing.

Marvel needs to just have Wanda move on, and forget this narrative mistake. It won't change the demands nor the tears.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member

The traitor is always more loathed than the simple bad guy (or gal).

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    The traitor is always more loathed than the simple bad guy (or gal).
    Wanda has never been an X-woman. She left the Brotherhood of Mutants and didn’t have good memories of it. She always was a mutant on the fringe, not boasting about it, building a life outside mutant influence.

Don’t tell me that all Wanda haters are, in fact, “disappointed” by Wanda’s behaviour and expected “better” from her. All these super-beings have feelings, frailties… one step away from chaos and disaster. Bad luck for Wanda: the author has decided that no one and nothing would prevent her from saying these words. It doesn’t take extreme evil, a soul in distress is enough, it’s the material of stories and drama.

No, my point stands: this obsession comes from that Wanda has supporters and Cassandra Nova has none. Apparently, it’s raging.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Cassandra largely killed a bunch of nameless mutants. What she did had little longterm impact on any major or even minor character. Its not that hard to understand why people dont have the same feelings towards her bc what she did didnt complete shift the narrative of the X-books for years afterward. Nova was also dealt with rather quickly and recieved her own form of punishment/redemption within a year. Fans didnt have the bubbling emotions towards the Genosha genocide bc it was resolved and not kept a lingering plotline as long as M-Day was.

The narrative of what Wanda did doesnt compare as she affected many beloved charaters for a long time. She was never punished nor recieved any satisfactory redemption. The resolution was haphazard and the plotline was dragged out for years. People had reason to hate her and Marvel continues to throw salt on that wound.

Wanda has never been an X-woman. She left the Brotherhood of Mutants and didn’t have good memories of it. She always was a mutant on the fringe, not boasting about it, building a life outside mutant influence.

Don’t tell me that all Wanda haters are, in fact, “disappointed” by Wanda’s behaviour and expected “better” from her. All these super-beings have feelings, frailties… one step away from chaos and disaster. Bad luck for Wanda: the author has decided that no one and nothing would prevent her from saying these words. It doesn’t take extreme evil, a soul in distress is enough, it’s the material of stories and drama.

No, my point stands: this obsession comes from that Wanda has supporters and Cassandra Nova has none. Apparently, it’s raging.
    She betrayed the Avengers and thats really when this all started

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She betrayed the Avengers and thats really when this all started
    It doesn’t contradict what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I can't help it being cute is my Mutant power but of course you'd want to keep me from expressing it. lol

ahem...
    Congrats....I do sit awed by her fans tenacity
    buuuut eventually every year it's just the same fans voting tho but I guess having the need to poll the popularity of thePretender in an X-Men explains the posts above...idk
    It’s generally Wanda-haters that start all these threads. So...yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    There are other methods and maybe they should be, but let's start with her.

At least you put her in the same class as all villains. Madame T-Virus has earned it surely.
    I quoted “villains” for a reason.

Yet she is the one “villain” that is being taught to those on the island to fear and hated the most.
    Nova is neutralized tho and really the most important thing for the young Mutants to take away from the Genosha massacre are Sentinels Are humanity's main tools to terrorize and kill Mutants
    Though I do wonder what would depowering really do? It’s been shown at times Wanda wouldn’t mind being without powers so is that really a punishment to her?[/QUOTE]I guess if protecting different races of people From Genocide isn't enough maaaaaybe it'll cause her to get some stability mentally and socially

Physically?
    To whom? The in universe 616 folks? Or us?
    - [x]
    Exactly. Cassandra committed the greatest act of mutant genocide yet we haven’t heard anyone talk about her the way they do Wanda. Yeah Wanda should get the hate cause she did ruin lives, but so should Cassandra.
    Everyone's knows Nova was a bad guy a villain. To younger Mutants seeing The Pretender on the Avengers is confusing. Why would "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" include the Genocidal Pretender? What kinda message does that send to them? How trustworthy can they be? It's a waay more hyperized version of suspicion and mistrust many black Americans have with law enforcement.So it has to be taught not to believe the false narrative. They have to learn how to act around certain people and not to naively go into a trap. uh Also Nova isnt real lol she wasnt a kid she didnt have a childhood didnt grow up in the 616 universe...she emerges hating everything just as much as charles loved it.Plus her plans since Genosha have been detected and contained who knows when The Pretender is gonna remember her favorite sweatshirt sex up some phallic Life Source and say 'No more enjoyable sex' or 'No more Tolerance' etc
    Yeah trying to Genocide a people shoes how much mental space they took up
    Don’t tell me that all Wanda haters are, in fact, “disappointed” by Wanda’s behaviour and expected “better” from her.
    I don't think anyone's gonna tell you that

I don't think the XFans are obsessed. When there'd a convo about The Pretender they almost always have a similar opinion I think when confronted with the obtuseness of The Pretenders fans defending her "honor" and attempted Genocide. It's troubling
    It doesn’t contradict what I said.
    people should rage against Genocide

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    It’s generally Wanda-haters that start all these threads. So...yeah.
    it's the X-Books section lol
    GrindrStone(D)

it’s the X-Books section lol
    So if it’s Wanda haters starting polls, it’s not Wanda fans starting them. I don’t see why you’re confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    So if it’s Wanda haters starting polls, it’s not Wanda fans starting them. I don’t see why you’re confused.
    That's cool. tbh I'd be surprised if you did
    GrindrStone(D)

I don't think the XFans are obsessed. When there'd a convo about The Pretender they almost always have a similar opinion I think when confronted with the obtuseness of The Pretenders fans defending her "honor" and attempted Genocide. It's troubling
    Ain’t no one defending the genocide it’s the portrayal that it she is an intentional genocidal monster who knew what she was doing when she wasn’t in her right mind and has been remorseful. Plus Jordan D. White has stated not everybody knew the events that happened that day that led up to those events. So they don’t know the whole story. It wouldn’t change how they feel about what she did, but at least they would have all the information that would have transpired and not have their anger aimed just at her.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 05-20-2021 at 06:29 PM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

That's cool. tbh I'd be surprised if you did
    You underhandedly (aka micro-aggressionly) indicated that Wanda fans create polls to prove her popularity.

Wanda fans don’t create these threads. We have her appreciation thread.