View Poll Results: Should Scarlet Witch be called The Pretender?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! She’s the Pretender!

62 38.04%
  • No! Stop calling her that!

101 61.96%
Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    You underhandedly (aka micro-aggressionly) indicated that Wanda fans create polls to prove her popularity.

Wanda fans don’t create these threads. We have her appreciation thread.
    Ok...is there even Another Pretender Poll?
    GrindrStone(D)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I would just like closure for this and the official end of decimation, I would not mind if she somehow appears on Way of X and helps fight off Onslaught,that would go a long way into healing her relationships with mutants. I hope marvel attemps at least one of these things but I get the feeling marvel comics is waiting for MCU Wanda to appear on Dr Strange movie to give her a role because I donīt see why they would keep her out of comics for such a long time, unless Jason Aaron especifically said they could not use her or any other Avenger appart from the ones heīs using.
    The impression I got is that when Disney bought Fox, Cebulski and Hickman probably planned a big story about Magneto that would undo the retcon and make Wanda and Pietro mutants, they did this assuming that Feige would make MCU Wanda a mutant...and then found he wasn't going to do that, so they ditched their plans for the Magneto-focused story, and that was the one thing they had planned and the only thing they cared about.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Well Wanda is an avengers character so the main focus for her in comics is managed from that side of marvel so they can pretty much use her anytime they want and I wonder why they have choosen to not do so. Now on the X-office side Spurrier and JDW interviews on Wandaīs presence on the X-titles are recent (like a month ago) their focus has been on the matter of decimation while the retcon has not been mentioned at all. So we donīt really know where are they going with this, still even if the X-office cancelled their plans for her on the X-side, that doesnīt stop her from appearing or be part of a team in other comics and thatīs why I guess they are waiting on the MOM movie to get out but thatīs just a theory.

Also I donīt think itīs clear MCU Wanda is not a mutant but I guess we will know for sure after phase 4 is done.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    people should rage against Genocide
    I do for real life genocide. Not fictional mandates.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Well Wanda is an avengers character so the main focus for her in comics is managed from that side of marvel so they can pretty much use her anytime they want and I wonder why they have choosen to not do so. Now on the X-office side Spurrier and JDW interviews on Wandaīs presence on the X-titles are recent (like a month ago) their focus has been on the matter of decimation while the retcon has not been mentioned at all. So we donīt really know where are they going with this, still even if the X-office cancelled their plans for her on the X-side, that doesnīt stop her from appearing or be part of a team in other comics and thatīs why I guess they are waiting on the MOM movie to get out but thatīs just a theory.

Also I donīt think itīs clear MCU Wanda is not a mutant but I guess we will know for sure after phase 4 is done.
    Particularly sense the reveal she and apparently Pietro had powers before exposure to the mind stone.

WandaVision had a lot of X-Men elements in it too.

You underhandedly (aka micro-aggressionly) indicated that Wanda fans create polls to prove her popularity.

Wanda fans don’t create these threads. We have her appreciation thread.
    Oh is the OP not a Wanda fan? But it's to be expected given the damage she did. What's harder to understand...the moment someone hear speaks on The Pretenders Genocide to vent, throw shade, slight rubbing ie The Pretender there's 12 following post defending against ???
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I do for real life genocide. Not fictional mandates.
    Ah
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Oh is the OP not a Wanda fan? But it's to be expected given the damage she did. What's harder to understand...the moment someone hear speaks on The Pretenders Genocide to vent, throw shade, slight rubbing ie The Pretender there's 12 following post defending against ???
    One does lose a little credibility saying Wanda fans don't create these threads in a thread created by a Wanda fan.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    One does lose a little credibility saying Wanda fans don't create these threads in a thread created by a Wanda fan.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5518915

You and BroHomo are certainly free to claim the OP is a Wanda fan, but naturally I’m going to ask you why you guys seem to think so.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Particularly sense the reveal she and apparently Pietro had powers before exposure to the mind stone.

WandaVision had a lot of X-Men elements in it too.
    Agreed Agatha talked about her being a "litte witch" but she wasnīt sure and also this doesnīt explains Pietroīs habilities.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Astonishing Member

If Wanda went first, odds are she willed Pietro to survive

Or Pietro was a baby warlock in turn

I donīt know, I think it was implied he moved a little too quikly to save Wanda and it makes sense the mind stone helped him to develop his power and it works in a very different way to Wanda powers or even Loki, Dr Strange and Wong who are examples of male sorcerers so I donīt think we are supposed to see Pietro as a warlock and Agatha herself didnīt mention this at all either but probably MoM will explain this part better, Elizabeth Olsen confirmed there was a part of the movie that would address WandaVision and Kevin Feige said they would explore Wandaīs family after WV was done. So expect some surprises on this front.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5518915

You and BroHomo are certainly free to claim the OP is a Wanda fan, but naturally I’m going to ask you why you guys seem to think so.
    Our reading comprehension skills are phenomenal.
    I'm not tryna interpret other people's post buuut The OP admits In several posts their a fan of the 'Pretender' aspect and the friction surrounding the Mutants and The Pretender...
    Now you explain why it's not the case....the post linked the OP admits to liking her
    GrindrStone(D)

Play nice everyone, no need to be mean spirited.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Our reading comprehension skills are phenomenal.
    I'm not tryna interpret other people's post buuut The OP admits In several posts their a fan of the 'Pretender' aspect and the friction surrounding the Mutants and The Pretender...
    Now you explain why it's not the case....the post linked the OP admits to liking her
    “I like this character, but only really the one aspect of her that ruined her, ignored her established canon, hasn’t had a sensible conclusion, and made tons of other people hate her”.

Ho-Kay. We shall just have to agree that our definitions of “fan” are vaaaastly different.

Yeah that's not a post from a fan, but by a person trying to poke the bear, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.