View Poll Results: Should Scarlet Witch be called The Pretender?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! She’s the Pretender!

62 38.04%
  • No! Stop calling her that!

101 61.96%
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Pietro was part of X-Factor.

Also, only mutants lost their powers in the decimation. Including Pietro. Who is a mutant. I don’t care what retcon they used. The high evolutionary is a known liar, so we only have his word...
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    And, he was an member of the Genoshan cabinet. He did stay up with mutant affairs.

Agreed Pietro is in a unique place because he´s both loyal to his sister but also to mutants and while HoM was his idea, he didn´t have anything to do with decimation, he himself lost his powers and he tried to give decimated mutants their powers back.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Wanda and Pietro will always be mutants and the children of Magneto imo, Marvel only changed their history because Fox owned the movie rights of the X-Men. The Axis storyline was absolute rubbish.
    Fingers crossed Wanda and Pietro are back as mutants afterall it is only the High Evolutionarys word and who would trust that lunatic.
    If the upcoming Trial storyline is about Wanda, I really hope that the stupid retcon is reversed, I can see Mystique using this situation to cause issues between the Quiet Council members and the Krakoan mutant population in general.
    I can see the next X-team: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Polaris, Rogue, Sunfire, X23 and Synch working with Magneto and the Avengers: Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, She Hulk, Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) and Echo (the new Phoenix host) with Quick Silver, Vision, Wonder Man and Brother Voodoo to clear Wandas name.
    As Exodus has labelled Wanda the Pretender (an mutant urban myth) then that is her title in mutant folklore and hopefully causes much friction between Exodus and Magneto.
    Other mutants I can see siding with Wanda, Magneto and the X-Men are Night Crawler, Blob, Toad, Firestar and Justice.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 05-02-2021 at 03:38 PM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

BANNED

I don't know wtf we can't just ignore her? She has done bad enough to X-Men anyway. Hell, it has become a rumor that she will be responsible for bringing the mutants in the first film because of how much messed up it is.

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/sc...en-to-the-mcu/

*stares at word “pretender”*

*stares at Sinister*

I guess being a pretender isn’t really all that bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The X-Men hang out with Sinister and Apocalypse. Being mad about Wanda is stupid. Further, I am against Avengers and other franchise characters being made important in the X-Books. Either restore her mutancy or leave her out entirely.

The Decimation, and its remnants, I find far more annoying than compelling.
    The Axis retcon only happened when Disney did not have mutant film and tv rights. Now they do and a film called the Mutants is in development at MCU it is time to restore Wanda and Pietro’s mutancy and status as Magneto’s children and Polaris’s older siblings.

Astonishing Member

Can we just set up a dedicated Wanda thread to put these inevitably circular arguments

BANNED

I am PROUD of Kevin Feige...

The wine bottle that the mutant Wanda magically pours reads
    "Maison Du Mépris"
    which in French means
    "House of Contempt"

Exactly Right!

I dunno about any easter eggs in WandaVision that gives the same proper respect
    towards the pre-cursor of "House of Manure", which is "Assholes Disassembled".

Funny there how Wanda is labeled “the pretender” due to a retcon, yet Franklin Richards, whose powers literally made him a fake x-gene due to retcon gets labeled nothing.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I like Wanda. I really don't care either way. Just entertain me with an interesting story.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Wanda Maximoff didn’t pretend to be a mutant, she was a mutant or thought she was a mutant.

I hear Elvis singing now…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

No. It was it was a stupid decision and I ignore it.

I don't think this Codename is appropiate for her powerset, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Funny there how Wanda is labeled “the pretender” due to a retcon, yet Franklin Richards, whose powers literally made him a fake x-gene due to retcon gets labeled nothing.
    Slott isn't done with the FF so it's a little too early for that. As for Wanda she didn't pretend to be anything. She thought she was a mutant until she wasn't. If there is a pretender he's sitting on QC getting ready to stirr things up in Krakoa so maybe Exodus should be more focused on him.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The Axis retcon only happened when Disney did not have mutant film and tv rights. Now they do and a film called the Mutants is in development at MCU it is time to restore Wanda and Pietro’s mutancy and status as Magneto’s children and Polaris’s older siblings.
    The Mutants is just a rumor, but mutant movies will likely start next phase. I'd bet any money on it.

Wanda's status at the very least does not need restored. The character has not been impacted at all by the change. Pietro is a different story.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Wanda and Pietro will always be mutants and the children of Magneto imo, Marvel only changed their history because Fox owned the movie rights of the X-Men. The Axis storyline was absolute rubbish.
    Fingers crossed Wanda and Pietro are back as mutants afterall it is only the High Evolutionarys word and who would trust that lunatic.
    If the upcoming Trial storyline is about Wanda, I really hope that the stupid retcon is reversed, I can see Mystique using this situation to cause issues between the Quiet Council members and the Krakoan mutant population in general.
    I can see the next X-team: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Polaris, Rogue, Sunfire, X23 and Synch working with Magneto and the Avengers: Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, She Hulk and Echo (Phoenix) with Quick Silver, Vision, Wonder Man and Brother Voodoo to clear Wandas name.
    As Exodus has labelled Wanda the Pretender (an mutant urban myth) then that is her title in mutant folklore and hopefully causes much friction between Exodus and Magneto.
    Other mutants I can see siding with Wanda, Magneto and the X-Men are Night Crawler, Blob, Toad, Firestar and Justice.
    It wasn't just the High Evolutionary's word but Wanda's spell as well that told her she wasn't related. Which was all the same because it's not like she had a relationship to Mags at all. She did not want anything to do with him well before the movie rights became an issue. Even before Marvel went through bankruptcy.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.