View Poll Results: Should Scarlet Witch be called The Pretender?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! She’s the Pretender!

62 38.04%
  • No! Stop calling her that!

101 61.96%
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Wanda didn´t pretend because as far as she knew she was a mutant and on Axis she discovered she wasn´t one, her case is quite similar to Franklin Richards, they both genuinely believed they were mutants. I am in favor of Wanda making reparations for decimation but pretender, even as an insult, doesnt make sense with her actual story and the X-men should know better than to name her that way imo, it´s one of the things I dislike about Hickman´s run and I hope he has at least a reason behind this.

Now about HoM: Magneto didn´t hide Wanda the X-men and the Avengers knew he was trying to heal her on Genosha, they even knew Xavier and Dr Strange were in charge of her treatment. Magneto didn´t want to become HoM leader, he was mentally manipulated just like the Avengers and X-men were, the only ones aware of what was happening were Pietro and Wanda who were in charge of creating that alternative universe.
    Wanda didn't even know what a mutant was until Magneto told her when he saved her and her brother.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda didn't even know what a mutant was until Magneto told her when he saved her and her brother.
    Yes and the sentinels also attacked her because they saw her as a mutant, Cerebro saw her as a mutant and genetic exams done on her revealed her as mutant. Agatha told her she was a mutant and Magneto´s daughter. So yes I don´t see this being her or Magneto´s fault, he actually was wrong in thinking Spider-Man or Electro were mutants but they were not given the evidence Wanda got after the initial reveal.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-02-2021 at 09:30 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Honestly, i think her being the pretender is cool. Its really nothing more than that. I can’t claim sexism or any sort of ill will towards scarlet witch. I find her boring outside that she is, in fact, the pretender. It makes me like her way more than i otherwise would.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes and the sentinels also attacked her because they saw her as a mutant, Cerebro saw her as a mutant and genetic exams done on her revealed her as mutant. Agatha told her she was a mutant and Magneto´s daughter. So yes I don´t see this being her or Magneto´s fault, he actually was wrong in thinking Spider-Man or Electro were mutants but they were not given the evidence Wanda got after the initial reveal.
    Mags just really wanted everyone to be mutants. It makes it so weird that Marvel choses to keep all of their canon when confusing stuff like that exists. Imagine being a new reader trying to figure this stuff out.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Funny there how Wanda is labeled “the pretender” due to a retcon, yet Franklin Richards, whose powers literally made him a fake x-gene due to retcon gets labeled nothing.
    Then of course there's the issue with Mr. Sinister...

I'm just confused why people (real people, not characters), would want to follow in the footsteps of Exodus and use a name he created for propaganda purposes. Let's just be fair, he's not exactly a character whose views and personality have ever been depicted as being something anyone should want to follow.

Just listening to the reasons you want it changed back is just laughable. She is an Avenger she is free to be an Avenger yet you want her back to being a mutant when she is super happy to not be one.
    What's wrong with somebody being an Avenger and a mutant? Is there a law saying every mutant has to live on an island and wear Xs on their clothes?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm just confused why people (real people, not characters), would want to follow in the footsteps of Exodus and use a name he created for propaganda purposes. Let's just be fair, he's not exactly a character whose views and personality have ever been depicted as being something anyone should want to follow.
    I sometimes wonder if I missed the part of joining this forum where we were supposed to be 'in character' or something. It extends to defending her, or arguing against the label Pretender, it is obviously just a story element to keep her seen as an enemy and worse, for some reason that hopefully is leading to a good story.

What's wrong with somebody being an Avenger and a mutant? Is there a law saying every mutant has to live on an island and wear Xs on their clothes?
    Yeah, there is nothing about Wanda being a mutant that means she cannot be happy being a mutant, and still being an Avenger. If writers want to drag her through the mud then they will find some reason to do it, and if writers want her to be happy and whatever, nothing can stop them from doing that either.

No thats just something Exodus made up and anything he made up should not be emulated.

If its about her being a mutant then not then yes again, especially no. We all know why HoM happened.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Mags just really wanted everyone to be mutants. It makes it so weird that Marvel choses to keep all of their canon when confusing stuff like that exists. Imagine being a new reader trying to figure this stuff out.
    Yes he was at that phase where any person with powers was a mutant for him This is why Marvel needs to get a better sense of continuity or at least consider it before doing retcons.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

for now "yes"

But when Marvel realizes that the stupid retcon of the retcon is stupid and more boring she will be not. "The Traitor" or something like that.

Hope she "reddem" herself with the mutants and all they Wanda Hate stop. Not for her.

For Wiccan and Speed that far more interesting as mutant than her.

Also Why Magda and Natalya cant be the same person? just make Magda Natalya all along (pun intented) and there you go. Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Why did a name that was obviously false suddenly catch on? I think psychologists would be interested…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Really? This whole thread is like a Wanda support group troll. You guys bringing up a whole bunch of stuff that doesn't even matter anymore acting like Wanda is the only character in comic book history to go through a retcon

Just listening to the reasons you want it changed back is just laughable. She is an Avenger she is free to be an Avenger yet you want her back to being a mutant when she is super happy to not be one.
    You literally wrote all that nonsense to the person that hates the idea of Wanda being a mutant (especially after M-day) GenericUsername constanly says that wants her to be out the x-men comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    she's a mutant and since her crime was against mutants she should be trialed in mutant court.

Magneto/Polaris should be the defense. make amends and unite the family. prosecution could be literally anyone.
    She should only be in mutant court if she is a mutant. And, she is also not currently related to Lorna or Magneto. I don’t even know if Lorna knows they are not. I think any such arc on Decimation should come after they banish Axis to the dustbin of comic history.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Why Magda and Natalya cant be the same person?
    just make Magda Natalya all along (pun intented) and there you go. Fixed

Genius!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    My god another thread about Wanda I swear you guys are just too much give it up.

She isn't a mutant and never was according to the current canon and mutants hate her for the genocide that she pulled vs them period full stop

Everything else you guys are saying is pointless
    My exact reaction to this thread like it doesn't matter weather or not she is the pretender it is cannon until retconned.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Funny there how Wanda is labeled “the pretender” due to a retcon, yet Franklin Richards, whose powers literally made him a fake x-gene due to retcon gets labeled nothing.
    I mean franklin hasnt created a mutant holocaust but go off.