View Poll Results: Should Scarlet Witch be called The Pretender?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! She’s the Pretender!

62 38.04%
  • No! Stop calling her that!

101 61.96%
Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Indeed whatever are the outcomes of any stories told coming up I keep hoping it will work out for both sides. It is good for anyside to face and deal with problems they have and to hopefully even threw hard stories on them to develop better from it, to show the evolution in storytelling and character development.
    Exactly. I find it interesting that mutants are always on the brunt of being persecuted by everyone else but in this case with wanda its the other way around. I think it will be brilliant to see how it plays out. Then again, it could suck. In which case, i am open to admit how wrong i was lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    I have a very strong feeling wanda will come out on top. I even think mutants will be forced to deal with their own hubris and hypocrisy in how they have treated her. In fact, i feel so strongly about this, it is why i love wanda being the pretender, because i want it all to come to a head for these very reasons.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA bro I can't even tell you how hard I laughed at this. The woman who committed genocide against them some how has the high ground and the mutants are treating her badly cause they are calling her names while she is free to run around and bone Voodoo.

You Wanda fans are so wild man I mean my god you guys are acting as if the mutants are the ones who took her powers away and casted her out poor Wanda in a world where M day never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA bro I can't even tell you how hard I laughed at this. The woman who committed genocide against them some how has the high ground and the mutants are treating her badly cause they are calling her names while she is free to run around and bone Voodoo.

You Wanda fans are so wild man I mean my god you guys are acting as if the mutants are the ones who took her powers away and casted her out poor Wanda in a world where M day never happened.
    I’m on the side of the mutants. Take it down a notch maybe? You’re even making exodus blush.

Genocide is very disputable.

Krakoa has nazi on their government. Bunch of villains on government
    She already won this just by doing yoga and living her life
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-02-2021 at 08:07 PM.

I’m on the side of the mutants. Take it down a notch maybe? You’re even making exodus blush.
    You said mutants had to face their own hypocrisy when there is none.

Wanda is not a mutant. Therefore she does not get a pardon for her crimes and isn't allowed on Krakoa.

"But what about X villain on the island. They don't say mean things about them."

they are mutants and are pardoned for their crimes so they are not getting locked up just like Wanda isn't getting locked up by the Avengers.

And I don't know how many different times i have to say this but just because mutants are not locking up the villains doesn't mean they are forgiven for their crimes. There are many cases clearly showing that there are mutants that still don't like each other and haven't forgiven past slits. They just respect the fact that Krakoa is for all mutants unless they go vs Krakoa.

There is a lot of hipocrisy with mutants, villains and nazis for starters.

They used the same bigot arguments that humans uses against mutants as a reasn to murder her

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Genocide is very disputable.

Krakoa has nazi on their government. Bunch of villains on government
    She already won this just by doing yoga and living her life
    It's not debatable and first off Mr Sisnister is a mutant so he gets a pardon on Krakoa second Mr Sinister is necessary for resurrection and it speak volumes that all the death that he helped caused he didn't come close to what Wanda did.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Exactly. I find it interesting that mutants are always on the brunt of being persecuted by everyone else but in this case with wanda its the other way around. I think it will be brilliant to see how it plays out. Then again, it could suck. In which case, i am open to admit how wrong i was lol
    I honestly hope if they do decide to do any story around this that is does not suck cause to much of that has happen in the past already and having more stories like that will weight down the trust in the brand to tell stories to wrap-up important plots and characters arcs and the comic industry needs lesser of that as much as possible.

This pass feeling of suck is why many Wanda fans and others don't trust doing anymore stories at times cause of the wish-wassy of the past, so I can't blame many for that feeling cause one can only take so much until faith is lost in one trying to now tell a story and clean it up.

However I still hope that writers and editors do gain back trust to fans and find ways to make them trust them in telling stories that are complicate cause then fans will stick by your threw the rought and the good for long. I hope for this cause if they gain that then more compelling stories can be told and worry about mishandling will be lessed and that is a good thing overall.

I hope for Brilliances from any story, it leads to trust being gained.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

It's not debatable and first off Mr Sisnister is a mutant so he gets a pardon on Krakoa second Mr Sinister is necessary for resurrection and it speak volumes that all the death that he helped caused he didn't come close to what Wanda did.
    Sinister isn't a mutant, he just put a mutant gene on him. he is more of a pretender than Wanda ever was

They used the same bigot arguments that humans uses against mutants as a reasn to murder her
    Sinister isn't a mutant, he just put a mutant gene on him. he is more of a pretender than Wanda ever was
    Wanda was one person not a whole race of people and at the time they thought she was mutant so claiming bigotry stop it.

Sinister is a mutant how he became one is a different story but he is one.

edit wait a second didn't Mr Sinister die and his clone is the one with the functional X gene? So if the clone was created with the X gene doesn't that make it a mutant?
    Last edited by Outburstz; 05-02-2021 at 08:25 PM.

What nazis? You seem confused.

You said mutants had to face their own hypocrisy when there is none.

Wanda is not a mutant. Therefore she does not get a pardon for her crimes and isn't allowed on Krakoa.

"But what about X villain on the island. They don't say mean things about them."

they are mutants and are pardoned for their crimes so they are not getting locked up just like Wanda isn't getting locked up by the Avengers.

And I don't know how many different times i have to say this but just because mutants are not locking up the villains doesn't mean they are forgiven for their crimes. There are many cases clearly showing that there are mutants that still don't like each other and haven't forgiven past slits. They just respect the fact that Krakoa is for all mutants unless they go vs Krakoa.
    Mutants have a law. Kill no humans. So unless they want to send xforce after wanda then yeah it seems hypocritical for them to make her an enemy of the state. This is coming from someone who enjoys the pretender concept. That doesn’t mean i will just ignore the truth for the sake of winning some pointless argument.

What Mr. Sinister did is like getting a skin graft from a black guy so you can claim your African American.

and it speak volumes that all the death that he helped caused he didn't come close to what Wanda did.
    He did exactly what Wanda did. He took away the powers of all the mutants on the planet.

And I don't know how many different times i have to say this but just because mutants are not locking up the villains doesn't mean they are forgiven for their crimes. There are many cases clearly showing that there are mutants that still don't like each other and haven't forgiven past slits.
    "Your next door neighbor doesn't like you. That totally makes up for all the people that you've murdered. You're free to walk around and live your life, but every once in a while we'll scowl at you. I hold that teaches you a valuable lesson."

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    What Mr. Sinister did is like getting a skin graft from a black guy so you can claim your African American.

He did exactly what Wanda did. He took away the powers of all the mutants on the planet.

"Your next door neighbor doesn't like you. That totally makes up for all the people that you've murdered. You're free to walk around and live your life, but every once in a while we'll scowl at you. I hold that teaches you a valuable lesson."
    The clone that Mr Sinister made with the X gene is the one in the seat that makes him just as much of a mutant as Gabby or Emma's daughters

Krakoa law about pasted crimes applies to Mr Sinister

And being free to walk around seems to work out for the Avengers and Wanda

Mutants have a law. Kill no humans. So unless they want to send xforce after wanda then yeah it seems hypocritical for them to make her an enemy of the state. This is coming from someone who enjoys the pretender concept. That doesn’t mean i will just ignore the truth for the sake of winning some pointless argument.
    She is one of the biggest threats to Krakoa. To act like there is just no chance that she may ever raise her hand to the mutants again would be silly. Since it is not outside the realm of possibly of humans and mutants having a war at some point.

I am not saying they need to hunt Wanda down but they do need to be prepared for her it things pop off
    Last edited by Outburstz; 05-02-2021 at 08:39 PM.