View Poll Results: Should Scarlet Witch be called The Pretender?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! She’s the Pretender!

62 38.04%
  • No! Stop calling her that!

101 61.96%
Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Y'all really in here debating propaganda.

At the end of the day no one is pulling up on Ms. Maximoff all that hot air is for the birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Y'all really in here debating propaganda.
    You right man I need to go chill I'm not going to change people's minds about this so what's really the point

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    The clone that Mr Sinister made with the X gene is the one in the seat that makes him just as much of a mutant as Gabby or Emma's daughters

Krakoa law about pasted crimes applies to Mr Sinister

And being free to walk around seems to work out for the Avengers and Wanda
    Cuckos and gabby are experiments and they aren't villains.

Wht sinister did was Rachel dolezal himself using the DNA of a native mutant

Wanda IS the Pretender and she should be put to Trial for crimes against Mutantkind.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Today's AipT: XMM has a really good response given by JDW to this very question. It lines up in part with my own thoughts about the whole situation.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    It really is not about "pretending" to be a mutant.

It really is about being used as a scare tactic for children by saying there's possibly someone out there who wants to usurp the rule of the country and take over. Even though she doesn't, and nobody really thinks she does.
    We had the discussion last night, and I think Mr White says exactly what I wanted to say, but he's a bit more eloquent. In the post above and one later where I wonder what the endgame for Exodus is he says almost exactly what I was trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Wanda IS the Pretender and she should be put to Trial for crimes against Mutantkind.
    Mutant are only allowed to judge other mutants the council played themselves, Miss Thang is sitting pretty & untouchable living her best life!

Wanda and Pietro are still mutants and are Magneto's true offspring. I don't know when it happened, but Polaris being Magneto's daughter came outta nowhere for me. Especially since they spent an entire decade(the 90's) not acknowledging each other as father and daughter. As for the Scarlet Witch, I pretty sure Marvel will make her a mutant again soon after the X-Men make their MCU debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Wanda and Pietro are still mutants and are Magneto's true offspring. I don't know when it happened, but Polaris being Magneto's daughter came outta nowhere for me. Especially since they spent an entire decade(the 90's) not acknowledging each other as father and daughter. As for the Scarlet Witch, I pretty sure Marvel will make her a mutant again soon after the X-Men make their MCU debut.
    I think Polaris being Magneto's daughter was only hinted at in the 60s (as a possible scheme or trap) but made into certainty by Morrison. But it's also one of those Morrison inventions that everyone just accepted and ran with, like Emma's diamond mutation.

Even post-retcon Wanda and Pietro still have the occasional heart-to-heart talk with Lorna because of shared experiences, even if Marvel doesn't consider them biological family anymore. I like to think of that as the writers kinda pushing back a little against the mandate.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Well Lorna was Magneto´s protege during his rule on Genosha, I think back then it was kind of hinted he saw her as family or at least in similar way he saw Wanda and Pietro. Later after Morrion brought her back it was revealed by Austen Magneto knew she was his daughter but didn´t tell her, it was until Lorna made a DNA test with his blood when she discovered he was her father but at that moment Genosha was destroyed. So I think there was some previous work appart from Morrison.

I would love to see Lorna, Pietro and Wanda to talk again, Lorna was Pietro´s friend before she knew he was her brother so it would make sense for them to still be close even after the retcon.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    They didn't interact in the 90s until the end of the decade. What got the ball started I think was actually Mutant X working pretty well. In 1998 Havok fell into the Mutant X verse and spent alot of time with a more 60s feeling Lorna.

Lorna and Magneto meet up in the comics in 1999-2000 first in Twelve Saga and then she becomes his right hand on Genosha in a story arc mirroring her original. Lorna was being treated as his daughter there just not officially. Morrison more textually resurrected it and Austen and later PAD filled in the blanks.

The more important question then the history lesson is what of Wanda and Lorna now?
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-03-2021 at 02:18 PM.

Fun discussion but let’s be straight here. There is one character in this storyline who has truly 100% without question earned the title of “Pretender”. And her name is Moira. We can all agree on this at least, right?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Fun discussion but let’s be straight here. There is one character in this storyline who has truly 100% without question earned the title of “Pretender”. And her name is Moira. We can all agree on this at least, right?
    Nah just you.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    They didn't interact in the 90s until the end of the decade. What got the ball started I think was actually Mutant X working pretty well. In 1998 Havok fell into the Mutant X verse and spent alot of time with a more 60s feeling Lorna.

Lorna and Magneto meet up in the comics in 1999-2000 first in Twelve Saga and then she becomes his right hand on Genosha in a story arc mirroring her original. Lorna was being treated as his daughter there just not officially. Morrison more textually resurrected it and Austen and later PAD filled in the blanks.

The more important question then the history lesson is what of Wanda and Lorna now?
    Magneto may have been a player, a lady here, a lady there, hell he may have more children out there
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)