Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
There are kind of two big problems with putting Lian on Arrow or Titans.

The problem with Green Arrow is that he doesn't have a book at the moment, and even if he has one this franchise can't carry more than one book, which massively limits the amount of support characters that franchise can support. Even Roy barely appears in Green Arrow, I think since he stopped being Ollies sidekick in the 70s, he has only been in a hand full of Green Arrow stories.
Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
That simply doesn't work for Green Arrow (or basically any other DC Character outside of Batman and maybe Superman), Green Arrow has at best a single book (and doesn't really have big events, digital first or anthology series), you can't put that many support characters on the book before you start taking away from the lead character.

In team books you are also kind of limited in the amount of characters you can have, if you want to give every character a decent amount of screen time, and the usually try to give all characters different power sets and characters from different franchises (you will hardly ever see a team book that has a Robin and a Batgirl in the main cast, unless that book is part of the Batman franchise). You could of course put Emiko and Lian on different book, but DC doesn't really has much books with teenage superhero teams (at the moment only Titan Academy iirc) and Emiko and Lian seem to be about the same age which makes it even harder to find different teams for them.

Btw. turning Lian into a Cheshire/Catwoman style character and not in an Archer might make it actually easier to but her on a team with Emiko, since they are not competing for the "Archer slot".
I've brought this up in other threads. I agree that Green Arrow is in that position where his cast is big enough to have more than one title, but he doesn't have enough sustainability to keep more than one title. And even then, his solo title doesn't usually sell that well. The only chance Green Arrow had for more than one title was during the peak years of the Arrow TV show, and even then that didn't help boost sales for the GA solo comic. I'm sure Green Arrow is just taking a break, for now, to make the desire for a solo book much greater than would've been if they just continued. That still doesn't solve Green Arrow's large cast problem.

Ultimately I suggested that the Arrow cast either gets a max-limited series (because DC has been loving doing those) starring one of the more popular Arrow side characters like Black Canary or Roy Harper. Personally, I would love a limited series with Roy and Lian (and maybe Cheshire). Another idea I had is team Arrow highjack an underutilized superhero team name, incorporate one or two A-Listers on the rosters to help sell the title (Batman & Team Arrow?), and a spin-off from there.

I know this is an off-tangent of Aging in the DC Universe, but all this talk about Green Arrow is drawn by the fact that Lian is now a teenager, which is about the ages of the DC Universe.