Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Aging characters allows you to tell different and newer stories, I don't know why mainstream comics are so afraid of this concept.
    Because they rely on certain iconic characters who need to outlive you and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Because they rely on certain iconic characters who need to outlive you and me.
    I get that and i'm not trying to put the old guard in a nursing home but there are multiple ways around that. Bruce always has serveral titles outside of his ongoing every year, Superman and Diana have those color series and 78. Not to mention outside media like video games, tv shows and movies.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I get that and i'm not trying to put the old guard in a nursing home but there are multiple ways around that. Bruce always has serveral titles outside of his ongoing every year, Superman and Diana have those color series and 78. Not to mention outside media like video games, tv shows and movies.
    Frankly, those are the places that should be telling more "aging up" stories. Like, they're never going to grow old in continuity, so out of continuity books is where this sort of thing should be best explored. You're arguing for ways around them going away so they can be aged in continuity, but you got it the wrong way around. More out of continuity books is where the aging stories should be taking place.

Frankly, those are the places that should be telling more "aging up" stories. Like, they're never going to grow old in continuity, so out of continuity books is where this sort of thing should be best explored. You're arguing for ways around them going away so they can be aged in continuity, but you got it the wrong way around. More out of continuity books is where the aging stories should be taking place.
    Thats a fair point and one I thought about before posting but I chose to have that way because the main continuity is the one thats always changing and adding new characters (eventhough they always revert back).
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    lol no one knows what to do or where to put tim,
    so now eventually Damian will outage him and time become a contradiction no one wants to deal with and vanishes
    I think you might be on to something. In the same Title that went out of it's way to tell us Tim was 16 in Rebirth they also told us that he became Robin at age 13. Meaning that Tim has had 3 years as Robin while Damian has had 4.

Is Damian now the Robin that followed Jason? if so then what is Tim doing here? It;'s a mess

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Aging is fine. DC needs a reboot every 20 years or so, and problem solved.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    People wdont care about Bruce Wayne they care about Batman. I guess DC is gonna wait for the public to force them to remove Bruce which honestly explain Jace presence. in 8 year we may see a live action Jace the way we are seeing a live action Sam as captain america
    Batman is Bruce wayne. That is something that my grand parents know and my pre-teen relatives also know. they are also not comic readers but part of the regular more lucrative larger market.

They aren't demanding that DC change that. No one is aside from a sub set from the very very niche comics market.

The public didn't force Marvel to remove Steve and while Sam has been in live action as CA That doesn't mean that to the world CA still isn't Steve Rodgers .

Thats a fair point and one I thought about before posting but I chose to have that way because the main continuity is the one thats always changing and adding new characters (eventhough they always revert back).
    Yeah, but they always revert back, they champion the status quo. If you want to change the status quo for a story, out of continuity is best. It's kind of what it's there for.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I think the Batman & Robin run showed that if treated with respect and well written, readers are fine with someone replacing Bruce.
    The Dick/Damian dynamic was fantastic, and was the last time I was buying a Bat title. I also think it would work just as well if Bruce was retired and not presumed dead.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I think the Batman & Robin run showed that if treated with respect and well written, readers are fine with someone replacing Bruce.
    The Dick/Damian dynamic was fantastic, and was the last time I was buying a Bat title. I also think it would work just as well if Bruce was retired and not presumed dead.
    But that was always intended to be temporary, and everyone knew that.

But they gave it enough time to be a complete run.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Yep. Now if death in the comics truly meant that like it used to be pre-COIE, the backlash would have been tremendous.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I wouldn't want any other permanent Batman except Bruce, but if we had to have one or if we need a temporary successor, Dick is the only one I'd be interested in. In either comics or adaptations.
    I honestly believe that's because he doesn't want to be Batman by this point.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    But they gave it enough time to be a complete run.
    Does that matter? A run is a run, not permanent.

Does that matter? A run is a run, not permanent.
    Some things aren't given enough time to really find its audience and be a hit and others are given too much time and never find itself, wasting everyone's time, when that time could have been used for other, better ideas. I think Dick as Batman got enough time to really breathe and be a status quo while also not overstaying its welcome with fans and writers looking for the next out.