Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1
    Spectacular Member Tyrannoraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    230

    Default What harm would creationism pose if it's worse than Donald Trump's lousy ideas?

    What would be the consequences of creationism if deemed worse than Donald Trump's disastrous suggestions?

  2. #2

    Default

    I don't even understand how this argument is supposed to be posed, but I'll wing it...

    Creationism poses harm to the nation because if the government accepted it, it's unconstitutional on the grounds of it being a violation of the separation of church and state.

    Donald Trump, on a daily basis, was a constitutional crisis because virtually every goddamned fascist policy he suggested was a challenge to the Constitution, and every impulse the moron has is criminal. People walked right out of the administration regularly in the early days because Trump was rock stupid, and just didn't get it.

    Individuals can believe in Creationism, against scientific evidence, as a matter of faith. They just need to understand that it will be limited to their own faith and no one else's.

    No one should believe in Donald Trump. He's an inept, whiny, corrupt failure. He was for decades before he reached office, he was for four years as chief executive, he is again as a private citizen. The only people who believe in him seem to, y'know, compulsively ignore all the evidence of him being a failure because he "trolls the libs" and got away with more bigotry than any high-profile politician in almost a century.

    And... that's all.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  3. #3
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,188

    Default

    Considering how bad most of Trump's disastrous suggestions were. And I would deem Creationism worse than many. A lot of harm. Next question?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member Zelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,991

    Default

    Belief over science? It would be a step backward. It’s hard to discuss with zealots.

  5. #5
    Spectacular Member Tyrannoraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Considering how bad most of Trump's disastrous suggestions were. And I would deem Creationism worse than many. A lot of harm. Next question?
    Okay so how is creationism much worse than that (any examples of the consequences of thus religious belief?)?
    Last edited by Tyrannoraptor; 05-03-2021 at 04:39 AM.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member CSTowle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,931

    Default

    It's anti-science. For example, though a fringe one, there is a weird subset of the conspiracy crowd that believe dinosaur bones are fake, planted to undermine the bible by Satan's minions. Also, that the Earth is not a globe/planet but rather a set enclosed (flat) area encircled by a "firmament" of stars/planets and any documented space travel/satellites/etc. are again Satan's lies to undermine the teachings of their holy book.

    Those same people believe that the idea of us evolving from other creatures, and that life has done so and continues to do so over the course of billions of years, undermines the magic in their belief. And they're right. So some believe it's false. Others try to find a way to square the two, some with Jesus riding dinosaurs and others saying things like the universe was made as it is currently appearing to be billions of years old but in reality popping into existence whole form 6,000 or so years ago with that false appearance of vast age and expansion.

    Some take solace in the fact that scientists don't know and can't prove the origins of our universe (let alone our species), but instead of accepting 'we don't know (yet)" they plug whatever magical thinking fits their chosen (or indoctrinated) beliefs. In a society that values innovation and impartial scientific observation that can hold us back or even be dangerous to progress. I understand the origins, but I'd agree it's dangerous.
    Formerly finfangfool

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member Zelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannoraptor View Post
    Okay so how is creationism much worse than that (any examples of the consequences of thus religious belief?)?
    Science has nothing to tell about a life after a death: you can believe what you want and I can believe what I want.
    Science has something to say about Evolution and if you say that it didnít exist, you consider that belief has more value than science.

    While science is a unifier, because you must bring proof of what you say, on the other hand, with religion, thereís no proof, only belief. And why would a belief have more value than another? Thereís no referee for that. Itís a source of division.

  8. #8
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannoraptor View Post
    Okay so how is creationism much worse than that (any examples of the consequences of thus religious belief?)?
    Is the crux of this why creationism is bad?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  9. #9
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    It's results in some children dying because their parents refused to seek medical help, child sex abuse, xenophobia or people flying planes onto buildings.

  10. #10
    Swollen Member GOLGO 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannoraptor View Post
    Okay so how is creationism much worse than that (any examples of the consequences of thus religious belief?)?
    The belief that an invisible sugar-daddy will grant me all my wishes if I pray to him? Sure, creationism is totally believable.

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member CSTowle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,931

    Default

    In fairness xenophobia's a sadly human trait across the board. It's why I advocate for having a comfortable standard of living for all, not just because it's fair but because people tend to be at their most xenophobic when they're scared or panicked so trying to limit that is for the best for everyone.

    As to child sex abuse, I believe that's mainly on the predators themselves who seek trusted institutions to cloak themselves in an aura of respectability to gain access to children. It is, however, on those institutions when they try to hide those incidents in a misguided attempt to protect their institutions. That goes for churches as well as athletics programs, the Boy Scouts, or any other organization/institution who makes that mistake. But definitely (sadly) not a religious-only thing.
    Formerly finfangfool

  12. #12
    Mighty Member SquirrelMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    I guess it depends on what you would create with the creationism?

    Lizards and people are ok. Lizard people? Not so much.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member Starter Set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    It's results in some children dying because their parents refused to seek medical help, child sex abuse, xenophobia or people flying planes onto buildings.
    Well, as much as i hate anything based on nothing else than blind belief and that i consider Creationism to be one of the saddest (but somewhat clever) hoax since Jesus was around, sadly, very sadly, people don't need any excuses to pray on the weak and/or to be stupid.

    Xenophobia is kind of a monotheist theme though yes. Or more exactly, the incapacity to accept other things different than you and what flavor of imaginary friend you happen to like the most. Zeus wasn't too keen on being second at anything, not even his mother disturbingly enough, yet, he never said to any other god that he or she didn't have the right to exist cause he's the mega ultra alpha god.

    When you have a religion who says that there is one god and only one and that your silly ass is going to get tortured/burned/crucified/sentohell for even thinking differently, well, it doesn't leave much room for discussion now does it? The very seed of intolerance is in those religions. In most places on earth thanks mostly to education and progress nowadays things are a bit chiller outside of the US and some other weird places though. But beware, that beast is always near.

    Which bring us back to Creationism and why that nonsense shouldn't be even talked about in schools and even less in political meetings.

  14. #14
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannoraptor View Post
    What would be the consequences of creationism if deemed worse than Donald Trump's disastrous suggestions?
    "Burn The Witch!" memes aside, I'd rather not see them vote into office some preacher, thinking their specialty in staving off venomous snakes from biting them solely with prayer makes them "chosen" for the position.

  15. #15
    Swollen Member GOLGO 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,843

    Default

    Oh I am so ready to see some drooling, bible thumping, "snake handler" from West Virginia get up in congress with some rattlesnakes while screaming God's on his side.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •