Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

So he really just wants to make Batman into Moon Knight. Lazy.

His takes are so utterly bizarre from what I read of the OP, I can’t lie that I’d be kind of curious to see what the Landisverse would look like. But it also sounds like it’s a good thing that he got outed when he did because a lot of these ideas sound terrible, I’m just not used to Superman being the best part of these weird Elseworlds.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I mean it's not even so much Superman so I probably wouldn't go on, but how far in was that?
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I thought it was a really cool take, his Superman felt so underpowered and I think that really humanized him especially considering what was being published at the time it was a breath of fresh air.

I would love to see other writers take his beginnings and continue the story. I think the best with about Landis' Clark is that he was a "cool" guy he felt like a real dude and less a *GOD*

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    There's a lot to like in that book and I still have a copy from before I'd heard about his sordid history, but damn it's hard for me to crack that book open anymore.
    I have no problem.i mean,if that were a problem i wouldn't able to read anything from the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    How many times was superman turned space hitler for the goddamn batman to punch?
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-03-2021 at 09:59 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member

Seems like nothing special to me. On slips of paper, put a bunch of random character changes ("Lovecraftian", "multiple personalities", etc) to make one pile, and then make a second pile with names of DC superheroes, then randomly match one pile to the other.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Seems like nothing special to me. On slips of paper, put a bunch of random character changes ("Lovecraftian", "multiple personalities", etc) to make one pile, and then make a second pile with names of DC superheroes, then randomly match one pile to the other.
    Well, I think you've hit upon the DC method of writing. Though mostly I think they use napkins and crayon in the actual process. In a writer's room, after all getting roaring drunk.

BANNED

I bit too weird for my taste, I actually watched his videos and I think his Superman was more or less spot on,
    but his take on the other characters are really an acquired taste, to say the least.
    Wonder Woman is like a barbarian, Aquaman is like a Chthulu creature, Flash is a thief and Batman is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    I bit too weird for my taste, I actually watched his videos and I think his Superman was more or less spot on,
    but his take on the other characters are really an acquired taste, to say the least.
    Wonder Woman is like a barbarian, Aquaman is like a Chthulu creature, Flash is a thief and Batman is crazy.
    That's cause this is a superman story.Superman is the protagonist.but,i do think he wants to **** on these guys to show why superman is special.Cause he isn't crazy."He is just a well-adjusted normal guy with the best superpowers".As for it being on point,What is on point anyways?Everyone has a different superman on their head.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I thought it was a really cool take, his Superman felt so underpowered and I think that really humanized him especially considering what was being published at the time it was a breath of fresh air.

I would love to see other writers take his beginnings and continue the story. I think the best with about Landis' Clark is that he was a "cool" guy he felt like a real dude and less a *GOD*
    I like that he could get drunk. Sometimes even Superman needs to let his hair down and relax and have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    How many times was superman turned space hitler for the goddamn batman to punch?
    Too be fair, that's also lazy. I'm not sure if "turn around is fair play" is a good argument when we should all be asking for better storytelling and characterization in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Too be fair, that's also lazy. I'm not sure if "turn around is fair play" is a good argument when we should all be asking for better storytelling and characterization in general.
    The chatacterisation is up to the creator.This is creator's universe with his superman as protagonist.It's like darkknight returns or injustice-verse with batman as the protagonist.it's not a shared universe.

He has an interesting interpetation of Clark's origin and physiology

Spoilers for things he has revealed in side content but not in the main videos
    spoilers:
    He basically expanded on the idea of Icon from Milestone. In this universe Kryptonians look like a fan in a shell. There's nothing anthropomorphic about them. The kryptonian ship that landed on Kent Farm, decades ago, scanned Jonathan and Martha when they got close to it (because it assumed that they were the dominant form of life on the planet) and then it created Clark with their DNA. So even though he is "Jonathan and Martha's adopted son", he is their actual genetic son, but they don't know that until one of the future stories. He is both Kryptonian and a human being. An American Alien
    end of spoilers

It's quite an emotionally interesting idea I think, and though I wouldn't necessarily translate it to the main DC Universe, It wouldn't be something I would oppose either. It also makes Clark that much more unique in the universe and gives him a lot of comfort. Clark can still get a cold and get drunk (though not to the point of blacking out) and experiences a lot of things human beings do. His body is composed of the same things a human being has, but as Landis describes it, Clark has an electro magnetic field not around his body, but inside of it. That's how he can catch people falling in the air without them being destroyed, and why he can lift really giant things without them breaking apart. It's sort of like Conner Kent's tactile telekinesis, except within the actual cells of the body and it only does all the things Superman normally does.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    He has an interesting interpetation of Clark's origin and physiology

Spoilers for things he has revealed in side content but not in the main videos
    spoilers:
    He basically expanded on the idea of Icon from Milestone. In this universe Kryptonians look like a fan in a shell. There's nothing anthropomorphic about them. The kryptonian ship that landed on Kent Farm, decades ago, scanned Jonathan and Martha when they got close to it (because it assumed that they were the dominant form of life on the planet) and then it created Clark with their DNA. So even though he is "Jonathan and Martha's adopted son", he is their actual genetic son, but they don't know that until one of the future stories. He is both Kryptonian and a human being. An American Alien
    end of spoilers

It's quite an emotionally interesting idea I think, and though I wouldn't necessarily translate it to the main DC Universe, It wouldn't be something I would oppose either. It also makes Clark that much more unique in the universe and gives him a lot of comfort. Clark can still get a cold and get drunk (though not to the point of blacking out) and experiences a lot of things human beings do. His body is composed of the same things a human being has, but as Landis describes it, Clark has an electro magnetic field not around his body, but inside of it. That's how he can catch people falling in the air without them being destroyed, and why he can lift really giant things without them breaking apart. It's sort of like Conner Kent's tactile telekinesis, except within the actual cells of the body and it only does all the things Superman normally does.
    I would say this is byrne interpretation in modernised way and to a t.It removes the messiah thing which was also part of byrne though.it completely spidermanifies superman,which even byrne failed to do.It's postcrisis superman done best.It ain't my kinda superman though.Mine is an old pulp action hero.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-04-2021 at 10:16 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    That's cause this is a superman story.Superman is the protagonist.but,i do think he wants to **** on these guys to show why superman is special.Cause he isn't crazy."He is just a well-adjusted normal guy with the best superpowers".As for it being on point,What is on point anyways?Everyone has a different superman on their head.
    For a Superman story, there is really no need to involve the DCU, there are enough of Superman characters for that,
    but I guess Batman writers do that all the time, so it makes sense.
    I guess it has something interesting but not necessarily good.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Landis should create his own characters for this kind of things.