Mighty Member

Default Radix copyright?

https://www.cbr.com/horizon-comics-b...-infringement/

I think that Marvel wins this or settles out of court. The design looks similar but I don't think it's copyright. They're just looking for money.

Good Luck to them, The most they are going to get them on is copying that poster. After watching their designs they don't want to win a suit because they are dozens of stufff in the comic genre that their stuff looks like and them winning would be open a can of worms for them. Anyways here some picture of stuff from Radix

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Good Luck to them, The most they are going to get them on is copying that poster. After watching their designs they don't want to win a suit because they are dozens of stufff in the comic genre that their stuff looks like and them winning would be open a can of worms for them. Anyways here some picture of stuff from Radix

When you say them who are you talking about? Marvel or Radix?

BANNED

Marvel's VFX team who designed the costume probably did consult or look at these comics for visual reference. That's a huge staff of below-the-line people who work on this and they would look at a host of reference material as a rule.

I personally think the Radix suit feels similar to Ultimate Iron Man from Bryan Hitch's work but I don't know if Radix came before or after.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Marvel's VFX team who designed the costume probably did consult or look at these comics for visual reference. That's a huge staff of below-the-line people who work on this and they would look at a host of reference material as a rule.

I personally think the Radix suit feels similar to Ultimate Iron Man from Bryan Hitch's work but I don't know if Radix came before or after.
    I was about to put this. I can find like no info on Radix, it doesn't seem to be coming up on image wiki, or have its own for basic info, so the most we can take is the comic image Dec 1, and the cbr artical that has 2001. If all this is true then Marvel did come first with Ultimate Iron Man being in July 2001.

Maybe I'm the only one here, but I really don't see any big resemblance. The Radix stuff is about as generic looking as you can make comicbook power armor and even the movie power/pose comparison only vaguely resembles it at best.

iMan 42s

They lost before they'll loose again.

They lost because they couldn't actually prove whether Iron man's MCU design even had any influence from Radix and the pose is something you can't copyright and basically ran out of money on the flimsiest of evidence. You can copyright a work but a crouching pose while looking up is not a thing you can copyright. They also had made the baseless claim that Radix's costume design influenced the comic Iron man when that wasn't even the case when Radix came out. We also know what the films took influence from (Pentagon armor) and the latest one for Infinity War comes from the Fraction era suit. Hell, the Heroes Reborn suit debuted before Radix, and the Modular armor even before that so it's not like post-Radix Iron man was suddenly out of spandex not to mention that once we did he was essentially in the suit that would be influence for the MCU. And if that wasn't enough it was ruled that body armor is too general a thing in comics and you need harder evidence than they both possess a couple of lights and wear red and gold.

They're going to loose hard just like last time.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.