Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default X-men poc men of power: Synch and Sunfire

[X-MEN POC of Power.jpg

I'm pleasantly have brought to the forefront of the main X-Men title two POC mutants heroes who happen to be straight and powerful. Yes, I'm glad that straight female and LBGTQ
    characters have been at the forefront of most X-Men titles. But in the past years of Dotard, Geoge Floyd, and Asian-American hate crimes, African-American and Asian-American boys can participate in the pantheon of mythical heroes.

Synch once killed off in the '90s was not forgotten but has returned as a potential mutant superman with his ability to absorb powers from mutant to non-mutant.

Sunfire, who Dave Cockrum introduced him the 80's as some World War II caricature. But over the years he has casually joined the heroes from Avengers and most recently more into the X-Men titles. I would love to see how Shiro Yoshida evolved from a trope to a more worldly hero.

So I look forward to how Hickman fleshes out Everett and Shiro.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rdman; 05-04-2021 at 04:47 PM.

Honest question: do Americans really label Asians as POC?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post

I'm pleasantly have brought to the forefront of the main X-Men title two POC mutants heroes who happen to be straight and powerful. Yes, I'm glad that straight female and LBGTQ
    characters have been at the forefront of most X-Men titles. But in the past years of Dotard, Geoge Floyd, and Asian-American hate crimes, African-American and Asian-American boys can participate in the pantheon of mythical heroes.

Synch once killed off in the '90s was not forgotten but has returned as a potential mutant superman with his ability to absorb powers from mutant to non-mutant.

Sunfire, who Dave Cockrum introduced him the 80's as some World War II caricature. But over the years he has casually joined the heroes from Avengers and most recently more into the X-Men titles. I would love to see how Shiro Yoshida evolved from a trope to a more worldly hero.

So I look forward to how Hickman fleshes out Everett and Shiro.
    Duggan is writing these 2, not Hickman

I don't think there's ever been any confirmation on panel of Sunfire being straight. I would love for him to come out as Bi or Gay. I could see him and Iceman being a good pair.

Regardless of that, I do hope Duggan does him justice. He's in desperate need of some good character development.

Shiro was not created by Cockrum, nor in the 80's, he debuted in X-Men #64, released in early 1970, by Roy Thomas, Don Heck.

He has not been characterized with any romantic relationships to my knowledge, so his sexuality remains undetermined.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Both heroes have been sorely underutilized for decades. I am hyped as well for these two!

He made out with Rogue in a previous story line.

I'm all for Black Excellence & I want synch to be his best self! Sadly I feel he'll be reduced to a creepy Laura Simp & that disappoints me.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I'm all for Black Excellence & I want synch to be his best self! Sadly I feel he'll be reduced to a creepy Laura Simp & that disappoints me.
    I’ll take a friendly wager that he is not going to be a simp.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    I don't know. Lots of straight guys were taught that pining away/stalking is a romantic gesture. Remember how dirty they did Colossus when he was pursuing Kitty the last few years? He came off as creepy/pathetic but it was intended to be romantic.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I don't know. Lots of straight guys were taught that pining away/stalking is a romantic gesture. Remember how dirty they did Colossus when he was pursuing Kitty the last few years? He came off as creepy/pathetic but it was intended to be romantic.
    Colossus was an adult and kitty was still a teen. There is not correlation between the two things really.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Honest question: do Americans really label Asians as POC?
    Yes we do.

Big fan of Synch and Sunfire and I'm definitely happy to see them included on this team. I do have my reservations on how they will be handled but I'm going to wait and see and hopefully my guys will have some respect put on their names.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    Aight Bet!

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    He made out with Rogue in a previous story line.
    Sunfire or Synch?