Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    It doesn't make sense for every country to treat mutants the same way.
    Why ? It's pretty much how it works IRL
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flameworthy View Post
    I don't think there's ever been any confirmation on panel of Sunfire being straight. I would love for him to come out as Bi or Gay. I could see him and Iceman being a good pair.

Regardless of that, I do hope Duggan does him justice. He's in desperate need of some good character development.
    Uh.. he's very close to NS in personality. I really haven't seen him in love. But I think straight up gay as opposed to bi. Everyone seems bi nowadays. And he doesn't seem like he'd swing.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-04-2021 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Why ? It's pretty much how it works IRL
    No it isn't, that's homogenizing history.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    No it isn't, that's homogenizing history.
    Ok....
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Not sure I like the connotations and implications of "praising straightness."

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Not sure I like the connotations and implications of "praising straightness."
    Confused??
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Oh there's also another possibility, though it's about as far-fetched.

Sunfire could want his sister back. We don't really know how close they were but I can't imagine him not caring that she died.
    She already did come back , Bachalo put her in the Crowd Scene of the Million Mutant March in Washington D.C. In Uncanny XMen 600

495E2CF5-CB36-44D2-9EE0-A11CFA753BA5.jpg

She’s behind Mondo , last/first person on the left side of the middle panel , female , short Black hair , slanted eyes , flame aura , thats her hairstyle when she was literally stabbed in the back by Mystique (who disguised herself as fake mutant Surge in order to infiltrate Banshee’s X-Corps)

No-Prize explanation, Gorgon and the Hand resurrected her when they planned to have a puppet ruler of Clan Yashida , whose leadership had been seized by Silver Samurai 2 , SS’s 1 human son who was a Stark-level incentive genius , but she refused , so MUTANT SUPREMACIST Gorgon was forced to ALSO resurrect her HUMAN cousin Mariko to be his puppet instead , but she refused too
    Last edited by EldonMaguan; 05-05-2021 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Uh.. he's very close to NS in personality. I really haven't seen him in love. But I think straight up gay as opposed to bi. Everyone seems bi nowadays. And he doesn't seem like he'd swing.
    If anything I hope Shiro is developed as the X-Men version of Jimmy Woo of Agents of Atlas.

I mean there's a lot of bitchy gay men in the world. I don't think it's unrealistic to have more than one bitchy gay mutant.lol

I think he’s asexual
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

I feel his 'implied queerness in the absence of female love interest' troubling
    Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I think he’s asexual
    But it's a common trope that Asian Dudes aren't sexual
    GrindrStone(D)

When i said straight up gay... Thats what I would prefer. not that that was definitely what he was. Its still true I believe that males who are closeted may just be stand offish because they have had to put people at arms length. Or they are fighting an anger and resentment within themselves rather than the bitchy/catty gay male stereotype. Even before it was revealed that NS was gay I always felt it was heavily implied so i wasn't surprised with the reveal. BUT once he became open and found acceptance it was continued as a natural personality trait. Not that i really mind. I think that makes him unique among others who quite frankly don't usually cop a tude. With Sunfire perhaps he can be different than NS and actually be more chill. And maybe he'll be happier. But the thing is... he has been known to be outwardly sexist but that can also be present in gay men and it not always be to cover up being gay or perhaps just chalk it up to the stereotypes of the time of asian men.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-06-2021 at 08:32 PM.

Also, I meant that I've never seen him in love with either sexes so that makes him a blank slate when it comes to preference. At least in narrative. Not implying he can't be asexual either.

When i said straight up gay... Thats what I would prefer. not that that was definitely what he was. Its still true I believe that males who are closeted may just be stand offish because they have had to put people at arms length. Or they are fighting an anger and resentment within themselves rather than the bitchy/catty gay male stereotype. Even before it was revealed that NS was gay I always felt it was heavily implied so i wasn't surprised with the reveal. BUT once he became open and found acceptance it was continued as a natural personality trait. Not that i really mind. I think that makes him unique among others who quite frankly don't usually cop a tude. With Sunfire perhaps he can be different than NS and actually be more chill. And maybe he'll be happier. But the thing is... he has been known to be outwardly sexist but that can also be present in gay men and it not always be to cover up being gay or perhaps just chalk it up to the stereotypes of the time of asian men.
    lol I mean this was pretty much me years ago
    And yeah Sunfire could be read as gay I'd never really seen it...but I've read like 3 Sunfire Books but making him a gruff queer would likely kill any chance if seeing him in a meaningful (in XWorld)relationship And I think an adult relationship featuring an Asian man would be cool in the Xworld
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    lol I mean this was pretty much me years ago
    And yeah Sunfire could be read as gay I'd never really seen it...but I've read like 3 Sunfire Books but making him a gruff queer would likely kill any chance if seeing him in a meaningful (in XWorld)relationship And I think an adult relationship featuring an Asian man would be cool in the Xworld
    I thought I already responded and I thought you said two asian men together. Oh well... any relation ship could be cool under the right writer. I agree.