Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz
    Didn't Gladiator get punched out by Cannonball?
    lmao he will never live that down.

But yeah, his confidence varying his strength levels is definitely a good excuse explanation for his inconsistency at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Rogue all the way! Colossus and Frenzy is a good second in my book

I think Rogue fulfills the Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel role in the franchise, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Didn't Gladiator get punched out by Cannonball?
    He got right back up in the next page, bursting out of wreckage. He was otherwise owning poor Sam, DBZ-style.

I know Lobdell said that Sam won, but Gladiator looked pretty unharmed until his old friends the X-Men arrived, since Gladiator came to Earth to ask for their help and didn't realize Sam was an X-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Rockslide has it easily... he is made of rock. Also, of course I love Colossus and there is Rogue and Strong Guy, Gentle, Armor to consider etc.
    Even made of rocks Rockslide is no match against Monet's punch

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 4.37.00 PM.jpg

Monet is easily the most invulnerable and beats even Logan. She was the only one to not get injured during ww hulk despite being kicked to Jersey and Hulk knew to take her out early because of her near invulnerability. She went toe to toe in a purely physical fight with the She Hulk along with the skrull god Nogor. Jen and Monet's fight was a draw and Monet didn't sustain any injuries. Monet was added to the all women x-team to replace Rogue where she fought against Amora the enchantress who had power upgrade from Areka and eventually took her down again in a purely physical fight where she held back from killing her but still took down an entire building on Amora and broke a dozen of her bones.

Monet's baseline strength is stronger than Strong Guy and her recent stat put her at 25. Monet is long due for a stat upgrade tho because there's no way she has the same strength as when she was a teenager. I mean they put her speed at 3 when she should be in the 5 class given she can fly up to mach 3.

Either way the strongest brick is Juggernaut.

I do think Monet should be higher, not just because of recent feats but the likelyhood she is augmenting her strength with TK now. I'm not sure exactly how high.

But does Juggernaut really count here? He's not on Krakoa as far as I know, but I did ask about X-Men in the OP as well so I guess he could apply.

Yeah I just realised the title said Krakoa and not mutants/x-men. If we're going with X-men then it's Juggernaut but if we're going with Krakoa, then it's either Rogue or Colossus.
    Last edited by frostedemma; 05-06-2021 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Yeah I just realise the title said Krakoa and not mutants. If we're going with mutants than it's Juggernaut but if we're going with Krakoa than it's either Rogue or Colosus
    Juggernaut is not a mutant.

Krakoa’s “top brick” is Krakoa. 2-1 record against 3 teams of X-Men! Krakoa’s a heavy hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Krakoa’s “top brick” is Krakoa. 2-1 record against 3 teams of X-Men! Krakoa’s a heavy hitter.
    Oh shoot, I totally forget Krakoa was a mutant itself lmao. Hmm but I do wonder about it being the strongest, I mean Polaris was able to launch it into the sky right?

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Oh shoot, I totally forget Krakoa was a mutant itself lmao. Hmm but I do wonder about it being the strongest, I mean Polaris was able to launch it into the sky right?
    Actually, it was Storm, Cyclops, Havok and Polaris combining their powers together which defeated Krakoa. (And maybe Banshee, too? I don’t recall, exactly.) That was after the whole all-new, all-different team with the old team spent quite a bit of Giant-Size X-Men #1 going toe-to-toe with Krakoa. It took a lot to beat Krakoa. I’d argue only Jean as Phoenix is a more powerful mutant.

Also, Polaris canceling gravity with electromagnetic force never made much sense. Electromagnetism maybe able to overcome gravity, with enough force, but it can’t “cancel” gravity. It’s two different forces. I guess that’s why it’s comics, though, not physics research.

Anyway, yeah, my vote is Krakoa is the biggest brick, at least and unless Jean returns to being Phoenix.

Krakoa is a bad@$$!
    Last edited by Brian B; 05-06-2021 at 08:30 PM.

I would say it should be Captain Britain(Betsy), but so far Tini has failed to show if Betsy even has any of those abilities aside from opening portals to Otherworld. She seems to be stuck with just her mutant abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    I would say it should be Captain Britain(Betsy), but so far Tini has failed to show if Betsy even has any of those abilities aside from opening portals to Otherworld. She seems to be stuck with just her mutant abilities.
    Betsy’s a weak sister, literally.

Actually, it was Storm, Cyclops, Havok and Polaris combining their powers together which defeated Krakoa. (And maybe Banshee, too? I don’t recall, exactly.) That was after the whole all-new, all-different team with the old team spent quite a bit of Giant-Size X-Men #1 going toe-to-toe with Krakoa. It took a lot to beat Krakoa. I’d argue only Jean as Phoenix is a more powerful mutant.

Also, Polaris canceling gravity with electromagnetic force never made much sense. Electromagnetism maybe able to overcome gravity, with enough force, but it can’t “cancel” gravity. It’s two different forces. I guess that’s why it’s comics, though, not physics research.

Anyway, yeah, my vote is Krakoa is the biggest brick, at least and unless Jean returns to being Phoenix.

Krakoa is a bad@$$!
    The thread is about superstrength. I love Jean dearly but powerful as she is, she doesn’t have superstrength.

Krakoa is a bad@$$!
    I think Lorna only temporarily cancelled gravity around Krakoa and the resulting upheaval pushed it into space.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    The thread is about superstrength. I love Jean dearly but powerful as she is, she doesn’t have superstrength.
    No, but the PF can/does grant an increase to all abilities such as fighting, agility, speed, endurance, durability and strength as well as all mental statistics and abilities.

But even without the PF, Jean has used her TK to increase her strength.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Captain Britain powers are also (conveniently) like Gladiator, they depend on self-confidence.

Betsy doesn't seem to have Brian's overflowing ego.