Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    The only problem with Colossus is we never get a real test of strength from him. WE know he is over a 100 tons but he rarely get to show off. The last time I can remember him going against a heavy hitter was against WW Hulk and that didn't go well for him. Though, Hulk pretty much ragged doll almost all the big gun during that story.
    Claremont is partly to blame. Whenever he wanted to show that a bad guy was a real threat he had him or her knock out poor Colossus. He was always written as ”one of the strongest persons on earth”, but he rarely got to show it.
    I remember when he returned after his injury in the mutant massacre. He was bigger and stronger than ever. But then they seemed to forget that.

He needs more feats. I loved how he was Gladiator’s equal back in the Dark Phoenix saga.

I remember and issue of ... New Mutants? He was training the next generation of strong guys like Rockslide. They didn’t stand a chance. A really good scene.
    Last edited by johnnysv75; 05-04-2021 at 03:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Colossus. He is also damn sexy.
    And they say this doesn't exist.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I wonder if in Avengers Annual #10 the flying brick powers were part of Rogue's power set but she could only activate them by absorbing others life-force which is why she never got Thor's god powers in that story.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I wonder if in Avengers Annual #10 the flying brick powers were part of Rogue's power set but she could only activate them by absorbing others life-force which is why she never got Thor's god powers in that story.
    I would assume she was already a fly brick at the start of that story, seeing that she had Carol's powers
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Colossus. He is also damn sexy.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    And THIS is what I meant.

Claremont is partly to blame. Whenever he wanted to show that a bad guy was a real threat he had him or her knock out poor Colossus. He was always written as ”one of the strongest persons on earth”, but he rarely got to show it.
    Rather than the “one of the strongest persons on Earth”, Colossus was created to be the archetype of the “gentle giant”. His feelings are as important as his powers.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I'ld say Doop is The Brick!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Rockslide has it easily... he is made of rock. Also, of course I love Colossus and there is Rogue and Strong Guy, Gentle, Armor to consider etc.
    Yup! Rockslide! But he's more than rock. He can get his mass from anything around him. AND EXPLODE!!!
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Rather than the “one of the strongest persons on Earth”, Colossus was created to be the archetype of the “gentle giant”. His feelings are as important as his powers.
    I do kind of wish Colossus had more big moments, like when he flipped out and ganked Riptide in the Morlock Massacre. Other 'tanks' like the Hulk, the Thing, Thor and She-Hulk, 'feel' like they get more love (which, granted, might be because they've all had books of their own, but even in Avengers or Fantastic Four books, they feel more like big mainstays or linchpins in battle, while Colossus, sadly, sometimes feels like his big role is 'Wolverine's personal jetpack').

Even Hercules and Namor seem to get more shine than Colossus, and he's hands-down the shiniest, so he should be right there at the top! Instead he's down there with Sasquatch, waiting for a big moment, it seems.

Mighty Member

I loved how he was Gladiator’s equal back in the Dark Phoenix saga.
    You must have read a different Dark Phoenix saga than I did. Colossus was not and still isn't in the same league as Gladiator when it comes to physical strength. Gladiator is in the same league as Thor, Hercules, Hulk, and cosmic beings. Colossus would lose a fist fight to Namor, Ben Grimm, and if he wanted to fight, Wonderman.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    You must have read a different Dark Phoenix saga than I did. Colossus was not and still isn't in the same league as Gladiator when it comes to physical strength. Gladiator is in the same league as Thor, Hercules, Hulk, and cosmic beings. Colossus would lose a fist fight to Namor, Ben Grimm, and if he wanted to fight, Wonderman.
    The notion of Colossus and Gladiator being in the same league came from the narration of the Dark Phoenix battle and the fact that an outside source (the collapsing building) is what enabled Gladiator to KO Colossus.

But that was also really early in both of their publication histories. Since then Gladiator's feats have increased, but so have all the instances that Colossus suffered from the Worf Effect. That is, Gladiator only got stronger since then whereas Colossus hasn't really.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    The notion of Colossus and Gladiator being in the same league came from the narration of the Dark Phoenix battle and the fact that an outside source (the collapsing building) is what enabled Gladiator to KO Colossus.

But that was also really early in both of their publication histories. Since then Gladiator's feats have increased, but so have all the instances that Colossus suffered from the Worf Effect. That is, Gladiator only got stronger since then whereas Colossus hasn't really.
    Didn't Gladiator get punched out by Cannonball?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Didn't Gladiator get punched out by Cannonball?
    Yes, he did. But that was much later when Gladiator's powers were retconned to being dependent on his belief or confidence in his abilities. Sam knew about this and used his blast field to take the brunt of Gladiator's punch. Seeing Sam un-affected shook Gladiator's confidence enough for Sam to punch back.

Rogue all the way! Colossus and Frenzy is a good second in my book