Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Those are good points you make but I'd still be surprised if they went that route. Eternals isn't the first supposed tough sell for Marvel and especially after Endgame they can basically come out with anything and it would lure people into the theaters automatically just with the MCU brand.

Won't be long until the first trailer so we'll see it soon.
    You might be right as well they can very easily leave it out of direct advertising campaign but I full expect any interview or featurette to throw it out a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Saw the actual trailer on social media. Feeling generally positive, even if quite a few of the properties are stuff I don't really care about in and of themselves. (Was that an F4 thing at the very end?)
    Yes it was F4 teaser at the end. I can't wait until they start teasing the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    The plot looks standard MCU, what looks to be lifting the film so far is the less CGI aspect, which is why I compared it to phase 1 because that was the time MCU was not using pure CGI with everything. The film could be very back to basis with Iron Man 1, which is what the movie reminds me of.

The lighting does looks different in some parts. I can already tell Zhao's part of film style and Fiege's manufactured MCU film style parts from the clips. reason I said both must be compromising each other on the direction of the film. they should have let her go Normaland with the story style that still looks standard, but still this looks leaps above Black Widow, Shang Chi and what I am getting so far. Black Panther: Wakanda forever , although there are no clips for that, I am more convinced now that MCU should have gotten a new actor for Black Panther while paying a classic tribute to Boseman.

It is way too soon, to start doing a Wakanda Greatest Hits, after only one movie. which from the title seems to be what is going to be the case, but I could be wrong, although I never usually am in many cases.
    I'm blown away you can tell anything about the plot on about 10 seconds of footage. Me, I won't say anything until we get a proper trailer, especially since I know nothing about this property.

As for Black Panther- yes, they only had one movie. But the Wakandans had a good setup in Civil War, have featured prominently in the last two Avengers movies, and even factored into The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. Black Panther's popularity in the movies led to an increase of his presence in the comics. And I doubt it's going to be a greatest hits- it will inevitably be about setting up a new Black Panther, while preserving the legacy of Chadwick Boseman. Thereby showing even when the King dies, Wakanda will still be forever.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm blown away you can tell anything about the plot on about 10 seconds of footage. Me, I won't say anything until we get a proper trailer, especially since I know nothing about this property.

As for Black Panther- yes, they only had one movie. But the Wakandans had a good setup in Civil War, have featured prominently in the last two Avengers movies, and even factored into The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. Black Panther's popularity in the movies led to an increase of his presence in the comics. And I doubt it's going to be a greatest hits- it will inevitably be about setting up a new Black Panther, while preserving the legacy of Chadwick Boseman. Thereby showing even when the King dies, Wakanda will still be forever.
    Lol and from the leaks the plot is anything but standard MCU. Also yea it's beyond silly that from 10secs you can tell what was the director and what was Feige. Cause Angelina Jolie holding a sword is sooo Feige/MCU. Which is dumb on multiple levels. The biggest one being he doesn't film anything. These conspiracy theories where directors aren't the ones making these films is getting old. No matter how many directors come out and talk about how much creative freedom they were given. Nope Feige is filming the movies and the directors are just covers.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-04-2021 at 11:16 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol and from the leaks the plot is anything but standard MCU. Also yea it's beyond silly that from 10secs you can tell what was the director and what was Feige. Cause Angelina Jolie holding a sword is sooo Feige/MCU. Which is dumb on multiple levels. The biggest one being he doesn't film anything. These conspiracy theories where directors aren't the ones making these films is getting old. No matter how many directors come out and talk about how much creative freedom they were given. Nope Feige is filming the movies and the directors are just covers.
    Actually the plot still look standard, of heroes brought together to save something. please see my other post when I compared it to the first leaks of Spiderverse or Logan. those teasers felt like nothing we have ever seen in animation or movies story telling/plot.

Also yea it's beyond silly that from 10secs you can tell what was the director and what was Feige.
    LOL. No it is not silly. anyone who is into film making can figure it out. please look no further than a film like Black Panther, the music score and the costumes came from Coolger, however the plot , action directed scenes and CGI came from Feige/MCU.

To Think this is silly is just...LMAO. You can go back as Iron Man 2 to see what Feige/MCU brought to that film and what Jon Favreau brought in or use Spiderman 3, where anyone can tell the part Raimi truly directed and the other parts Sony and Avi Arad took over. teaser shots can give it away and I am not Tofail who is saying there is no difference or everything looks bland. No not everything looks bland and that is thanks to Zhao.

hese conspiracy theories where directors aren't the ones making these films is getting old. No matter how many directors come out and talk about how much creative freedom they were given. Nope Feige is filming the movies and the directors are just covers.
    Actually it is not a conspiracy theory, many other directors have also said the same thing, some did not like it and left, some stayed and enjoyed their time there. Coolger like Zhao also said Fiege let him do what ever he wants on black panther and in some parts I think he did...but surely not with the CGI or story telling.

The same is likely to happen here with some of the CGI choices as Fiege himself already mentioned. However all the directors must still playball to what Fiege wants in the overall vision, they can do anything as long as Feige agree, this is why I used the term compromise. Normaland was a pretty depressing film, let see how far Feige will agree to that, if Zhao wanted that type of story. it is not conspiracy to predict he will say no just even for the fact that Nomaland is rated R.

Calling Angelina Jolie wielding the sword dumb seems ridiculous to me because she is doing the famous MCU Vogue strike with superhero action scenes, that shot is also in the Black Widow trailer. which is a staple for MCU films during a fight scene. Also that part of the film, looked very Captain Marvel along with the beech shots which again points to Fiege style with MCU overuse of color palette in all their films, which seems to be absent again when we see Salma Heyak on the horse. that scene on Heyak in the horse is all Zhao. LOL, This is just now A fun easy film making chess game that is simple to play for those of all who are just into the serious artistic side of films.

From the teaser, there are only 2-3 scenes that looks very different from the MCU phase 3 Movies. the question now is how much can that can go on and I will still predict, not much in the end but it is still something better by MCU own standard like what we saw in Shang Chi trailer, a film that looks as if it is been 100% lifted from Dr Strange/Captain Marvel rolled into one.
    Last edited by Castle; 05-05-2021 at 03:11 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Because many times though not all, you can actually tell or predict some things about the plot. look at past comic film trailers or teaser? How did people all predict, Logan and Spiderverse was going to be different? those films had certain style that gave it away from the teaser/trailers. This teaser so far seem to be pointing to cross between phase 1 and Phase 3 at least in film making style and also plot. getting a group of people to save something and since it is a comic book film...they on paper have the easiest story to figure out, especially the Disney comic films. Disney did give it away when they said all their comic films would be fun, light and action-paced. you can only judge on that curve anyway.

This is a quantity explanation. Movies work better on a quality explanation.

Black Panther has not earned enough or gathered enough body of work to do a greatest hit or change the tides too much.

It is one thing to set up a new black panther, it is not the same as replacing the actor to play the role by pretending nothing ever happened behind the scenes like the tragic passing of the original actor.

But again, about people predicting or doubting what is to come is fine. However based on past history or track record, all the signs are still pointing to greatest hits though. guess we would have to wait and see but I must tell you. my past track record predicting the outcome of comic movies, especially the MCU is 99% solid.

The best logical give away is the phrase. ''Wakanda Forever''. The title of the second film and A phrase that is now motralised forever in pop culture, (regardless of how it is going to be about passing on the touch ) and that means only one thing by dictionary standards. tributes, salutes, special celebrations and greatest hits. so yeah. I think I am going to be right on this one again when I predict it will be far more about all that , than a proper stand alone sequel of letting another person become the next black panther.
    Last edited by Castle; 05-05-2021 at 03:09 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Poor Kamala. She has to share a movie with a charisma vacuum.

It feels like T'challa will get a Paul Walker style contribute in Wakanda Forever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Poor Kamala. She has to share a movie with a charisma vacuum.

It feels like T'challa will get a Paul Walker style contribute in Wakanda Forever.
    Very much agree as likely predicted that it will be about tribute. for those that dont know much about Walker, am sure this will help.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furiou...39;s_character

However and this is a big however, the reason I dont favour this is because unlike T'challa.

Brian O'Conner had been in 6 films. T'challa technically has only one film.

More importantly, T'challa is the central main character, O'Conner is ....was part of an ensemble.

As much as it was and still is devastating to his family and fans that Chadman is gone. I would still have favoured a recast, to tell more stand alone stories of the character of T'Challa himself. while always finding ways to pay special tributes to the actor both in and out of the movie.

D
    Last edited by Castle; 05-05-2021 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    After seeing glimpses of Eternals it went from highly anticipated in my list to looking bland and boring just from visuals alone. I saw ppl praising the cinematography but that talk didn't convince me lol. Anyway the only interesting thing was seeing Angelina wielding her sword. Maybe I will change my mind when I see the movie but I have a niggling suspicion that I will not like it.
    I’d like to say I am reserving judgment, but from this trailer, Eternals doesn’t wow me, either.

The thing that seems to be missing is the all-out Kirby action.

Look at Black Panther. Holy crap did that movie have Kirby writ large in it, and a lot of other creators besides, including especially Don McGregor, Billy Graham and Christopher Priest.

I don’t see much Kirby in the clips released so far. The Celestials in the 5 seconds they were shown in Guardians looked amazing. Where is that Kirby action? Where’s Karkas and Ransak?

This, THIS is the Eternals:

Also, Nomadland is a fine film. But it didn’t do a great job of explaining what the book actually had to say. Due to missing the point, I don’t know that it really deserved an Oscar. I know many just say she tried to show it instead of beating the audience over the head with it, but I think it fails in that regard and instead concentrates on the scenery, which really is beside the point. Chloé Zhao is talented, sure, but what this movie really needed was the Russo Bros. or Peter Jackson — a special effects spectacular!!! The only thing shown in the clips so far that looks vaguely Kirbyish to me is the shot outside the Gates of Babylon. (That’s what those dragons on the blue walls looked like to me.) I could be wrong. It’s got an undeniably big-name cast, a real great ensemble. But I’m not seeing the Eternals I know. Also, why is the Black Knight in the movie? Does anyone know?

I suppose I should just trust Feige, but this one really isn’t impressing me. Who knows? It could end up being the best MCU release, but I don’t feel it.

Shang-Chi also looks meh. Where’s the Gulacy in it? Not seeing it.

On the other hand, Black Widow looks pretty good, very Grayson-Rucka-Jones!
    Last edited by Brian B; 05-05-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Yes it was F4 teaser at the end. I can't wait until they start teasing the X-men.
    I'm okay if the X-Men don't come that soon (let the Fox series settle into the past and all that). Frankly I'd rather see Marvel Studios invest in something other then the F4 (I really think its time of relevancy came and went a long time ago and seeing how Pixar is the only one who's been able to make good F4 movies in the history of the franchise, that's not encouraging). On the other hand, as we've seen time and time again, betting against Marvel Studios is a fool's errand and they're really good at making people character about characters they never heard of before or weren't otherwise interested in.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

I'm okay if the X-Men don't come that soon (let the Fox series settle into the past and all that). Frankly I'd rather see Marvel Studios invest in something other then the F4 (I really think its time of relevancy came and went a long time ago and seeing how Pixar is the only one who's been able to make good F4 movies in the history of the franchise, that's not encouraging). On the other hand, as we've seen time and time again, betting against Marvel Studios is a fool's errand and they're really good at making people character about characters they never heard of before or weren't otherwise interested in.
    it will likely come sooner than expected, it is pretty predictable now how MCU functions. the dust was not even settled yet before they jumped on the Evan Peters Quicksilver bandwagon in Wandavision, you can also factually use how quick they brought in Spiderman who was not necessary in civil war but they got some of the rights back and in less than 2 years after amazing Spiderman II, less than even a year since civil war would have been in production in 2014-2015. Spiderman was introduced in 2016

So sure, X-Men will likely come to soon but I dont think all the past would be left behind or can ever be left behind because every and any xmen stuff that comes will be quickly judged by the best and worst of Fox , which would not be easy for MCU so maybe on a wisdom scale, they should drag things out for their own good with xmen because regardless their xmen is still going to end up been contentious and harder to absorb unlike Eternals that will just get a pass because noone know anything about them from the comics

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    I’d like to say I am reserving judgment, but from this trailer, Eternals doesn’t wow me, either.

The thing that seems to be missing is the all-out Kirby action.

Look at Black Panther. Holy crap did that movie have Kirby writ large in it, and a lot of other creators besides, including especially Don McGregor, Billy Graham and Christopher Priest.

I don’t see much Kirby in the clips released so far. The Celestials in the 5 seconds they were shown in Guardians looked amazing. Where is that Kirby action? Where’s Karkas and Ransak?

Also, Nomadland is a fine film. But it didn’t do a great job of explaining what the book actually had to say. Due to missing the point, I don’t know that it really deserved an Oscar. I know many just say she tried to show it instead of beating the audience over the head with it, but I think it fails in that regard and instead concentrates on the scenery, which really is beside the point. Chloé Zhao is talented, !

I have not seen Nomaland but I have read the plot and seen few documentaries of the film, so I get the idea. As for Zhao, unfortunately she is winning Oscars in an era many feel, it is all about diversity than artistry and it is a shame because she could be indeed very talented and deserving of the awards in spite of her been a woman and a person of color.

If this movie does end up as a bad film, I will not put the blame on her though. that will just make no sense but I am sure the right wingers and '''Anti-Woke'' folks will put the blame on her and not Feige , because ever since she won those oscars, she had been under attack by some people who just don't want any diversity at all.
    Last edited by Castle; 05-05-2021 at 12:20 PM.

I thought it was just a phase 4 logo flash.

Ben, Reed, Sue, Johnny probably aren't showing up till the end of this phase, with mutants peppered through 4 & 5.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    ...I have not seen Nomaland but I have read the plot and seen few documentaries of the film, so I get the idea. As for Zhao, unfortunately she is winning Oscars in an era many feel, it is all about diversity than artistry and it is a shame because she could be indeed very talented and deserving of the awards in spite of her been a woman and a person of color.

If this movie does end up as a bad film, I will not put the blame on her though. that will just make no sense but I am sure the right wingers and '''Anti-Woke'' folks will put the blame on her and not Feige , because ever since she won those oscars, she had been under attack by some people who just don't want any diversity at all.
    I don’t think she was awarded the Oscar due to diversity. Zhao’s Oscar win had NOTHING to do with diversity or inclusion.

It’s Frances McDormands’ and others’ wins, too, as producers, actress and more.

The movie is heartwarming though hard, beautiful, and shot immaculately. I haven’t seen Mank, but I’m shocked Nomadland didn’t win the Academy Award for cinematography. It’s so gorgeous, even when showing a crappy life.

And therein lies the problem. I have not read the book. I have read the original article on which the book is based, and I know exactly what the book concerns.

The article and later book is not about the beauty in life even in diminished circumstances and striving to keep going. No, the book and article do not speak about how quirky these hard-working people are with so little context. The journalism is mostly about the gross inequities in our society and country, and how our government absolutely fails to address them and often makes it worse for people. The movie arguably shows viewers this, but it doesn’t stress this. The movie doesn’t go into detail on it. That’s why I think the movie is a failure.

It’s like if they made another movie out of Grapes of Wrath and all but skipped mentioning the Great Depression.

It should be noted the author, Jessica Bruder, has had nothing but good things to say about the movie.

Anyway, if Eternals stinks, yes, 110% it’s Feige’s fault.

BANNED

The MCU has gotten tired, Phase 4 doesn’t look too impressive, it’s time to move on.
    Last edited by luprki; 05-05-2021 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    The MCU has gotten tired, Phase 4 doesn’t look too impressive, it’s time to move on.
    I assume you mean for you? Cause the reaction to that teaser was the opposite of that

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I assume you mean for you? Cause the reaction to that teaser was the opposite of that
    I was about to say the same thing.

Anyways stole this from the Eternals thread

Teaser in this form
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-06-2021 at 01:08 AM.