Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Marvel Studios Phase 4 special look

I am surprised no one has made a thread about the teaser? It looks far better than Shang Chi and all the phase 3 MCU movies. I was going to make a thread about Chloe Zhao last week , the director of the film, who recently won two Oscars since Kevin Feige said in an interview that they clashed at the beginning because she refused to go all CGI and wanted real locations.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/k...ls-1234962496/

However I chose not to do a thread on that because it would have gotten quickly misinterpreted and derailed to another marvel vs DC war, when it was more about film commentary about Zhao and her views on CGI. However I think both Fiege and Zhao have some compromise from the teaser in some areas.

Some scenes still looks very MCU phase 3 like the Angelina Jolie scenes and other scenes looks very Iron Man MCU phase 1, which I am thinking is Zhao fighting for more creative reigns with some small battle victory. I do hope the phase 1 vibe wins in the end with this film because Phase 1 MCU did not go full CGI on everything either, among the many reasons it still has their best film making.

Outside of the few snap shot poses of characters and some action toned vibes that is still very MCU familiar styled, the teaser is better than Shang Chi trailer.
    Last edited by Castle; 05-03-2021 at 04:00 PM.