Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    The MCU has gotten tired, Phase 4 doesn’t look too impressive, it’s time to move on.
    I will stick to some of Zhao's part of Eternals that looks to be trying though.

As for the rest... It sort of got dragged in, because this thread initially was only about Eternals and not phase 4, but be that as it may, with the speculation of Captain marvel 2, which I must have skipped because the sequel feels like another team up movie, people think Rogue will appear. which again no longer feels like a worth it and the multiverse of Spiderman 3. It should be interesting to see how many spiderman and xmen fans are going to react to some of this movies since comic fan reactions have become more interesting than the movies.
    Last edited by Castle; 05-06-2021 at 01:35 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    The MCU has gotten tired, Phase 4 doesn’t look too impressive, it’s time to move on.
    The Disney+ shows have been killing it. MCU still working with a full tank of gas.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Disney+ shows have been killing it. MCU still working with a full tank of gas.

Wandavision was alright, but I am judging it by high standards since I have seen many other past shows with some of that concept, best example is Star Trek Next Generation. I at least saw Wandavision but the show ran out of steam and ended up in unnecessary controversy with the Quicksilver Evan Peters stuff. overall the show could have indeed needed more gas. it was similar to many shows like Fringe, Buffy or Legion but without the impressive mind twisting intellectual story telling or real complex plot points or convincing unapologetic adult themes that should have scared you in a good way . I think wandavision is the best example of why Marvel should never have gone to Disney or the show should have gone on Hulu with Legion and Runways and where Disney rightly left Buffy.

Falcon and Winter Solider if I trust the reviews and fan reactions and I mostly do, I have no regrets of not watching it because I could not do fast action paced comic stuff anymore , however I kept up with the comments spoilers thread here on CBR and Comic book movie follow ups and from that, the show looks to have turned out to be generic and thinly written from all the feedbacks I have read, did some even know the final episode was first rated Rotten on the good old RT? but moved back to like a 65% or something like that? I had to read the other reviews just to know what was going on and most of the reviews were all mixed-negative, including some here on cbr forums who said the finale was not great at all.

Even Comicbookmovie that is very PRO anything MCU had to admit the show was overrated and could have been better, which came as a shock to me because that site does not say anything bad about MCU entertainment. But This is the one that actually caught my eyes to make me do more critical research on falcon and winter solider

https://ew.com/tv/tv-reviews/the-fal...oldier-review/
    The Falcon and the Winter Soldier failed noble ambitions with limp storytelling: Review

I read all the comments on this thread and I saw fans dissatisfaction with the finale which seems to mold well with the critical reception.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Winter-Soldier

So , the idea they are killing it and are full thank of gas just seems false. I think what these 2 shows have proven is that MCU is still very limited and has nothing new or mind bending to offer the world of superhero tv-film making or story telling, however, there is always the hype. which I feel now has a second meaning because some are actually seeing, MCU is too overhyped since this two shows were very highly marketed and overhyped but when it comes to the actual substance and artistic aspect? It is a different story. we already have seen supremely better stuff with the same concept, at least I can say this for sure with wandavision and the general reception of Falcon/Winter Solider.

My personal views on the disney plus show was always simple, they were just done to make more money, but I dont think they will have any real big impact on their films but at the same time, it also makes me wonder why MCU did not now use that as a opportunity to push the envelope more when it comes to redefining comic books in live action? instead they just applied the same formula to their tv shows, only this time the formula is more stretched out since this are TV episodes
    Last edited by Castle; 05-06-2021 at 05:24 AM.

In what world is 5 out of the 6 episodes being grade high not killing it?

Episode 1 93%
    Episode 2 100%
    Episode 3 85%
    Episode 4 91%
    Episode 5 100%

Why focus on the ONE episode that got a bad rating as proof the ENTIRE show did bad. The show did better than anything on HBO Max, Amazon Prime, Netflix and Hulu recently and there is tangible proof that Disney plus did better because of it.

Anyways back to the Eternals

Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-06-2021 at 05:28 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

Episode 1 93%
    Episode 2 100%
    Episode 3 85%
    Episode 4 91%
    Episode 5 100%

Why focus on the ONE episode that got a bad rating as proof the ENTIRE show did bad. The show did better than anything on HBO Max, Amazon Prime, Netflix and Hulu recently.

I am sure they killed it by MCU own standard. But I am talking about the general standard world of Television like 24, The Wire, Buffy, Legion.

This disney plus show from Marvel are the answer to the CW DC shows and those CW shows also have high ratings on RT.

Wait - Gemma Chan can levitate too? Not fair.

Niffleheim

Episode 1 93%
    Episode 2 100%
    Episode 3 85%
    Episode 4 91%
    Episode 5 100%

Why focus on the ONE episode that got a bad rating as proof the ENTIRE show did bad. The show did better than anything on HBO Max, Amazon Prime, Netflix and Hulu recently and there is tangible proof that Disney plus did better because of it.

I wish ppl would stop citing subjective "metrics" as evidence that a show or a movie is bad or great. Being well or badly reviewed within a genre doesn't mean that much these days after Paddington 2 became the best reviewed movie of alltimes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I wish ppl would stop citing subjective "metrics" as evidence that a show or a movie is bad or great. Being well or badly reviewed within a genre doesn't mean that much these days after Paddington 2 became the best reviewed movie of alltimes.
    No one really uses it as objective or subjective metrics.

Using RT in movies would be the same as going to journalism school and using Fox News , CNN or MSNBC as real references. lol

Anyway, as for a film like Eternals it would be great if this movie can at least be the first movie in the MCU where there would be some good objective metrics to truly explain the high RT and not another... this is a fun action packed film with humour. You can not really do much with those kind of reviews anymore when it is a comic book film.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    No one really uses it as objective or subjective metrics.

Using RT in movies would be the same as going to journalism school and using Fox News , CNN or MSNBC as real references. lol

Anyway, as for a film like Eternals it would be great if this movie can at least be the first movie in the MCU where there would be some good objective metrics to truly explain the high RT and not another... this is a fun action packed film with humour. You can not really do much with those kind of reviews anymore when it is a comic book film.
    If the "metric" of judging the quality of movies is not open to variety of movie genres (comic book films or otherwise) then there is no OBJECTIVITY, It is all subjective.

For context, I only used RT after the poster used the 69% to point that MCU wasn't killing in TV realm. If a person use RT to imply that something is bad or didn't do that well isn't fair to point with samething that they are wrong? If one episode got 69 and every other Episode got above 85 with two them getting 100 isn't fair to point out the bias in using that 69%?
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-06-2021 at 06:38 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Wait - Gemma Chan can levitate too? Not fair.
    I take it that you mean the character she is playing in the film called Sersi not the actress herself?

Yes she can levitate based on her powers in the comics.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sersi#..._and_abilities

Niffleheim

For context, I only used RT after the poster used the 69% to point that MCU wasn't killing in TV realm. If a person use RT to imply that something is bad or didn't do that well isn't fair to point with same thing that they are wrong?
    I agree I should have quoted both posts.

BANNED

If the "metric" of judging the quality of movies is not open to variety of movie genres (comic book films or otherwise) then there is no OBJECTIVITY, It is all subjective.

It is open to all the movie genres and when I read post like this, it is making the comic genre look worse and confirming what ignorant people like Scorsese thinks about the comic genre because I have seen him on tv critiquing other films objectively and doing a fair job at it.

Yes the quality metrics are opened to comic films, the proof is in batman and robin 1997 .If nothing was objective, Batman and Robin would not have killed the genre in 1997 and the genre would not have to have done a 180 change with X-Men 1 or Batman Begins.

I am sorry but people need to stop saying there is no objectivity when it concerns MCU. It is hurting MCU than helping it. As long as any picture moves in any form of live action. they all can be judged objectively and subjectively and last I checked, MCU are pictures that moves.

Subjective is more for Fans. Objective should be more for professional academics and just because we dont see much of this anymore does not mean it does not still exist as I said, neither Oscars or Grammys have yet to ditched their Academic title.

Ironically, Eternals teaser is getting judged in a more objective than subjective fashion.
    Last edited by Castle; 05-06-2021 at 07:09 AM.

Maybe people just really like Paddington 2. It's very good, even though Martin Scorcese didn't make it and it's not just about big name white actors grimacing while doing important white man crimes.

Paddington 2 was wonderful. Being best reviewed is just that. It doesn't mean best or greatest film. It means that critics found no fault with.

I all looking forward to all the Phase 4 movies. I may not see them all in the theater, but I do want to see all of them.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!