Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 70
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member HsssH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,432

    Default Green Lantern #2 spoilers

    Key things that happened:

    Dead Guardian is sent into the central battery as some sort of a ritual.
    GLs are on the hunt for terrorists that attacked them in previous issue.
    GLC is accepted to the United Planets and due to that Guardians are changing how the corps work. From my understanding sectors that overlap with UP's activities are removed and those lanterns are assigned to new tasks.
    Crux worlds are explained, basically 7 core planets that are driving the progress in every universe. Krypton and Xanshi were Crux worlds. Earth is another Crux world, other 4 were not named.
    Earth being Crux world is offered as an explanation for why it has so many super powered beings and ties into some Morrison's stuff by mentioning that it will eventually become fifth world replacing New Gods. Hal Jordan is assigned to protect Earth and is now only Lantern operating there.
    John is set to lead 1000, yes 1000, Green Lanterns to some dark sectors that are hidden from Guardians by some multiversal mumbo jumbo.
    But before any of this can happen central battery explodes. Issue ends with Jo arriving and her ring saying that there are no GLs left on the planet. We see Simon on the ground and Teen Lantern still has her powers because gauntlet works differently and technically she is not a lantern.

    In other words some eggs are being broken here. I feel like this is either going to be one of the better GL runs or complete disaster that everyone will try to forget few years later.

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Key things that happened:

    Dead Guardian is sent into the central battery as some sort of a ritual.
    GLs are on the hunt for terrorists that attacked them in previous issue.
    GLC is accepted to the United Planets and due to that Guardians are changing how the corps work. From my understanding sectors that overlap with UP's activities are removed and those lanterns are assigned to new tasks.
    Crux worlds are explained, basically 7 core planets that are driving the progress in every universe. Krypton and Xanshi were Crux worlds. Earth is another Crux world, other 4 were not named.
    Earth being Crux world is offered as an explanation for why it has so many super powered beings and ties into some Morrison's stuff by mentioning that it will eventually become fifth world replacing New Gods. Hal Jordan is assigned to protect Earth and is now only Lantern operating there.
    John is set to lead 1000, yes 1000, Green Lanterns to some dark sectors that are hidden from Guardians by some multiversal mumbo jumbo.
    But before any of this can happen central battery explodes. Issue ends with Jo arriving and her ring saying that there are no GLs left on the planet. We see Simon on the ground and Teen Lantern still has her powers because gauntlet works differently and technically she is not a lantern.

    In other words some eggs are being broken here. I feel like this is either going to be one of the better GL runs or complete disaster that everyone will try to forget few years later.
    Haha I have the same feeling as you do. This will either be a great run or it will do irreparable damage to the franchise.
    I will say that I LOVE that they finally explained why there are so many Earth Lanterns. I'd also like to know why they're all Americans (and most with military backgrounds), but I doubt anyone will touch on that topic.
    The issue actually named some of the other Crus worlds when they showed the planets Cruz and Rayner are assigned too.

    All in all I liked the issue. It will certainly be VERY controversial, which I guess the franchise kind of needs to attract all the attention that's been lost since the end of Johns's run.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member HsssH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'd also like to know why they're all Americans (and most with military backgrounds), but I doubt anyone will touch on that topic.
    I wonder if we won't get something on that front. John brings up that "outriders" are basically a military escort and Guardians wanted him to lead, essentially, an expeditionary force before everything went to hell. Militarization of GLs (and police force in general if we want some "real world connection") might be one of the themes explored here.

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member HsssH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The issue actually named some of the other Crus worlds when they showed the planets Cruz and Rayner are assigned too.
    Went back to check and I think only Rayner's is named - Raggashoon. Quick google search reveals that it is some planet that appeared in first Omega Men series and it is in Vega system. So you know, sounds like Rayner is in some deep shit.

    Edit: scratch that, Oishisha is Cruz's, but I couldn't find anything on it, so might be a new planet? And is Mogo itself a Crux world?
    Last edited by HsssH; 05-04-2021 at 06:10 AM.

  5. #5
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Went back to check and I think only Rayner's is named - Raggashoon. Quick google search reveals that it is some planet that appeared in first Omega Men series and it is in Vega system. So you know, sounds like Rayner is in some deep shit.

    Edit: scratch that, Oishisha is Cruz's, but I couldn't find anything on it, so might be a new planet? And is Mogo itself a Crux world?
    Man thatís got to be an ego boost for Mogo. He was already pretty important but now heís essential to the multiverse.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  6. #6
    Mighty Member Avi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    I honestly forgot that the battery was gonna go boom so soon.

    Nice to know why so many Lanterns are from Earth. Not sure if Simon is really dead or just badly hurt. But there are already -2 Crux planets, so I guess there must be -2 Earth Lanterns as well?

    The ending hit me right in the feels. Keli just got a whole lot more interesting to me, and I was already interested in what's up with the gauntlet.

    That the Guardian was just send into the central battery before it exploded seems a bit suspicious.

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I honestly forgot that the battery was gonna go boom so soon.

    Nice to know why so many Lanterns are from Earth. Not sure if Simon is really dead or just badly hurt. But there are already -2 Crux planets, so I guess there must be -2 Earth Lanterns as well?

    The ending hit me right in the feels. Keli just got a whole lot more interesting to me, and I was already interested in what's up with the gauntlet.

    That the Guardian was just send into the central battery before it exploded seems a bit suspicious.
    I think Simon is still alive because solicitations say he’s helping but that could be a lie for all we know. Also, does it look like his ring just sort of blew up?

    And that mysterious robe dude was totally on the Mobius chair right?
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-04-2021 at 06:47 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  8. #8
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    130

    Default

    I thought that it was very good. It looks like the Green lantern rings are serving as a type of internet service. I always thought that advanced civilizations in comics should already had internet service eons ago. I just happened to looked up the history of the internet recently and discovered that the term 'internet' is short for intergalactic network. It would be cool if they retcon it to exist with Alan Scott in the JSA or maybe even back further. If Cyborg wasn't sidelined this could have been a solid reason for him to form a Cyborg corps, hack into the rings like he did in the Darkseid War and lead a search for the lost Green Lanterns.

  9. #9
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Was the last time central battery go boom during Light Out?
    Really can't remember, so many times central battery goes boom.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member HsssH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Nice to know why so many Lanterns are from Earth. Not sure if Simon is really dead or just badly hurt. But there are already -2 Crux planets, so I guess there must be -2 Earth Lanterns as well?
    Well its not connected like that I think, not all Earth Lanterns are assigned to Crux Worlds. From my understanding this is what we got at the moment:

    Krypton - boom
    Xanshi - boom
    Earth - Hal
    Raggashoon - Rayner
    Oishiha - Cruz
    Mogo - taking care of itself

    That leaves us with one more planet that was not mentioned, or I didn't notice it.

  11. #11
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Well its not connected like that I think, not all Earth Lanterns are assigned to Crux Worlds. From my understanding this is what we got at the moment:

    Krypton - boom
    Xanshi - boom
    Earth - Hal
    Raggashoon - Rayner
    Oishiha - Cruz
    Mogo - taking care of itself

    That leaves us with one more planet that was not mentioned, or I didn't notice it.
    I thought the fifth planet was Oa itself.

  12. #12
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7,056

    Default

    I'm definitely intrigued. I've seen the Central Power Battery blow up so many times now that the shock value has long since passed, but the writing and art is solid enough that I am curious to see where this is all going

  13. #13
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Loved this issue and the world-building. 10/10.

    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Well its not connected like that I think, not all Earth Lanterns are assigned to Crux Worlds. From my understanding this is what we got at the moment:

    Krypton - boom
    Xanshi - boom
    Earth - Hal
    Raggashoon - Rayner
    Oishiha - Cruz
    Mogo - taking care of itself

    That leaves us with one more planet that was not mentioned, or I didn't notice it.
    OA is the 5th Crux, I think.

    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I wonder if we won't get something on that front. John brings up that "outriders" are basically a military escort and Guardians wanted him to lead, essentially, an expeditionary force before everything went to hell. Militarization of GLs (and police force in general if we want some "real world connection") might be one of the themes explored here.
    That's not my read. The emphasis is "escort" -- the GLs that were part of the 1200 sectors that are given over to the United Planets will escort the UP personnel and help them transition into being the peacekeepers in those sectors.

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    4,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Went back to check and I think only Rayner's is named - Raggashoon. Quick google search reveals that it is some planet that appeared in first Omega Men series and it is in Vega system. So you know, sounds like Rayner is in some deep shit.

    Edit: scratch that, Oishisha is Cruz's, but I couldn't find anything on it, so might be a new planet? And is Mogo itself a Crux world?
    I think the known crux worlds are Oa, Earth, Xanshi, Mogo, Krypton, Raggashoon and Oishisha ?

    Also, i'm really happy that ever since JLO, DC seems finally interested in fleshing out its cosmic side in several books at once in a sort of concerted effort.

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,051

    Default

    It was a good issue. Like many others have said, I really liked the explanation of why there are too many Earth lanterns.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •