Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

I'm actually not sure how Earth would be the Fifth World,
    considering that Fourth World is beyond the Multiverse, would Earth-0 ascend into the Sphere of Gods?
    Would the people of Earth ascend into the Sphere of Gods?
    I don't think Morrison really explained any of that, they just said that Earth is going to be the Fifth World?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    It was a good issue. Like many others have said, I really liked the explanation of why there are too many Earth lanterns.
    Though the number they gave is wrong. Seven (which is Hal, John, Guy, Kyle, Simon, Jessica and Jo) wouldn't count Alan (who isn't an official corpsman but is still a Green Lantern) and Tai (from that Legacy OGN, and due to appear in the Asian heroes special). So it's actually nine.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Though the number they gave is wrong. Seven (which is Hal, John, Guy, Kyle, Simon, Jessica and Jo) wouldn't count Alan (who isn't an official corpsman but is still a Green Lantern) and Tai (from that Legacy OGN, and due to appear in the Asian heroes special). So it's actually nine.
    Well, Jo for example doesn't have an official green lantern ring for example (hers isn't connected to the Power Battery like Keli's gaunlet). Alan's powers come from the Starheart and not the battery of Oa and Tai is from an alternate Earth.

Well, Jo for example doesn't have an official green lantern ring for example (hers isn't connected to the Power Battery like Keli's gaunlet). Alan's powers come from the Starheart and not the battery of Oa and Tai is from an alternate Earth.
    Yeah I’m not sure we can count Jo and Tai, not if the power battery blows up and Jo is the only working Lantern. Also we have yet to see Tai in main continuity, and no one image by Morrison during a Multiverse based story doesn’t count to me.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

that's correct.

Maybe upcoming Asian heroes special will shed some light on Tai's status.

As for Oa being last Crux world, I guess? Simon was asigned to Oa's sciencells, but others got word "Crux" in their assignments.

Well, Jo for example doesn't have an official green lantern ring for example (hers isn't connected to the Power Battery like Keli's gaunlet).
    Ending of Morrison's run kinda hinted that Hal's isn't connected to central battery anymore either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Maybe upcoming Asian heroes special will shed some light on Tai's status.

As for Oa being last Crux world, I guess? Simon was asigned to Oa's sciencells, but others got word "Crux" in their assignments.

Ending of Morrison's run kinda hinted that Hal's isn't connected to central battery anymore either.
    Yup, the ending suggest Hal's ring is powered by the Cosmic Grail, which is kind of like a multiversal lantern?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Mogo - taking care of itself
    Eventually, Mogo will go into hibernation. A long while back, Mogo stated he needed a power ring to stay "conscious".

Anyway, did the rings lose power when the central battery was destroyed (again)? It would make sense if they retained their current charge until it runs out.
    Also, Hal's ring is different since he made it from his own willpower. I wonder if the current writer will continue that or it it becomes just another forgotten event.

Spectacular Member

spoilers:
    So ... Hal Jordan don't work anymore if the rings are broken ? Well he will have holiday for a long moment .
    end of spoilers You think we will see him in the future issues of JL to do link with the situation of GLC and United Planets ? Since the sollicitation tell we will see the United Brigades i think it will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    spoilers:
    So ... Hal Jordan don't work anymore if the rings are broken ? Well he will have holiday for a long moment .
    end of spoilers You think we will see him in the future issues of JL to do link with the situation of GLC and United Planets ? Since the sollicitation tell we will see the United Brigades i think it will be interesting.
    We will see him in future issues because during future state they showed a preview set in the present day/continued in 2021 that showed him flying a ship to OA charged off his ring and running into Jo for the first time. Can’t necessarily guarantee it and I’m not sure of when but I’m pretty sure.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-04-2021 at 10:27 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Yup, the ending suggest Hal's ring is powered by the Cosmic Grail, which is kind of like a multiversal lantern?
    Just as Morrison ignored Hal forging his own ring, they'll likely ignore Morrison's upgrade. We already saw in "FS:GL" that Hal's ring was affected and on its last legs as he flew to Oa. This is why I'm never a fan of writers trying to make this or that lantern "special" in some way - nobody ever really picks up on it and it's a pain to have to explain all the time why Hal's ring is different than Jessica's, who's special ring is different than Jo's special ring, and John's "ring tattoo" etc...

I think you are likely right, but it is probably worth pointing out that FS:GL was published before Morrison's last issue so might be that Venditti was simply not aware of that change

Overall this was a great second issue.
    Pros
    -Lots of shout outs to DC Cosmic lore (Hypertime! The Bleed! The Fifth World!), this is really making DC Cosmic feel “big” and epic
    -John continues to have great characterization
    -I liked the explanation of the Crux Worlds and the Dark Sectors

Cons
    -Central Battery blowing up again, Lantern Corps threatened with extinction, I don’t really enjoy these stories anymore. We’ve had so many of them that they don’t really hit. Plus I really want to read about John being a GL instead of having to survive without his ring.

Still I enjoy what I’ve read so far enough that I will keep reading and trust that the overarching plan is a good one. I agree with Hssh, this either going to be one of the great runs, or they’re going to need another reboot to undo it all. Redjack certainly doesn’t lack for ambition, I’m rooting for this to be great.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So how does Earth being a crux world jive with it also being the center of the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Just as Morrison ignored Hal forging his own ring, they'll likely ignore Morrison's upgrade. We already saw in "FS:GL" that Hal's ring was affected and on its last legs as he flew to Oa. This is why I'm never a fan of writers trying to make this or that lantern "special" in some way - nobody ever really picks up on it and it's a pain to have to explain all the time why Hal's ring is different than Jessica's, who's special ring is different than Jo's special ring, and John's "ring tattoo" etc...
    Or like how Simon can somehow will someone out of a coma and do special stuff. I'm not sure if that was ever explained.

I can tell that this is going to be one of those divisive comics runs where folks either love it or hate it. People who hates things unfortunately tend to be the loudest. But i'll take a good comic that pisses people off over an average run that gets so much praise. This why i love writers like Tom King and Bendis, their work may not be well-liked. But i know at the end of the day, they're going to do interesting things and not play it safe.