Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Reed allowed Valeria to live in Latveria with Doom, her godfather, after that story.

I really don't think Reed despises Xavier more than Doom. And if he does, it is unreasonable.
    I know.That bothered/bothers me.He just sent your son to hell so give him your second kid.I know he helped in her birth but still.The naming itself was something that reed should not have stood by but Sue did make a promise so I guess thats tolerable but letting her live in Latveria was crazy.
    I think more than anything Xavier's mind wipe was a breach of trust.They came into his home after persuading his child to leave his house for Krakoa to wipe his mind,detroy his equipment and threaten him.Reed will now take Xavier(and any mutants really) as someone who could stab him in the back.
    What do people think Reed said to Xavier.I think he told him that either he figured out how to rebuild the device out of spite(highly unlikely) or that he knows about Moira(or any other secret really) and to stay away from his son.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I know.That bothered/bothers me.He just sent your son to hell so give him your second kid.I know he helped in her birth but still.The naming itself was something that reed should not have stood by but Sue did make a promise so I guess thats tolerable but letting her live in Latveria was crazy.
    I think more than anything Xavier's mind wipe was a breach of trust.They came into his home after persuading his child to leave his house for Krakoa to wipe his mind,detroy his equipment and threaten him.Reed will now take Xavier(and any mutants really) as someone who could stab him in the back.
    What do people think Reed said to Xavier.I think he told him that either he figured out how to rebuild the device out of spite(highly unlikely) or that he knows about Moira(or any other secret really) and to stay away from his son.
    He probably said something about Franklin.

I keep thinking that "Franklin is not a mutant" is not going to be as simple as it sounds.

He might have just said one thing: Moira.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

He probably said something about Franklin.

I keep thinking that "Franklin is not a mutant" is not going to be as simple as it sounds.
    I hope we find out soon.I don't want this to be a MJ mephisto type whisper that never gets addressed for a decade

Incredible Member

why does quintin care if tony is wearing the krakoan flower?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    why does quintin care if tony is wearing the krakoan flower?
    Probably just a lame jab to cover up for Tony's comment. He does not seem to make a deal about it otherwise, and if it was something like they were tracking devices then he would be making it obvious. Also, the FF do not seem to be wearing them either. So far it looks like just the Avengers who came through the portal, not the people who arrived on their own means.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Iron Man has psi-dampeners? I'm surprised they didn't prohibit the use of tech like that. Then again, I don't necessarily blame Tony for bringing them. Things went bad for Reed anyways.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Iron Man has psi-dampeners? I'm surprised they didn't prohibit the use of tech like that. Then again, I don't necessarily blame Tony for bringing them. Things went bad for Reed anyways.
    Yes, I remember that in Avengers vs X-Men Stark used extensively psi-dampeners so that the fights were not "Emma beats them all".

Yes, I remember that in Avengers vs X-Men Stark used extensively psi-dampeners so that the fights were not "Emma beats them all".
    I thought he used nanites in AvX that would shock Emma if she used her powers? I just think it's odd that there wouldn't be restrictions at the Gala. Maybe Iron Man gets scolded later.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

I thought he used nanites in AvX that would shock Emma if she used her powers? I just think it's odd that there wouldn't be restrictions at the Gala. Maybe Iron Man gets scolded later.
    You're right, I don't know why I mixed the nanites with the psych-dampeners.

Why would there be? If I was going to a gathering with a bunch of people that can read my thoughts at any given moment I'd take some precautions too. It has more to do with valuing your privacy than trust issues and I don't think Krakoa should have a say in that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    He might have just said one thing: Moira.
    This, he knows and I thought it was going to be revealed at the ending of X4 that he knew but maybe it's been kept back for a later story.

Reed is the smartest person in the marvel universe and I expect Doom knows as well.

Considering that Emma has already hinted that she knows about Moira, repeating the same plot point with Reed in the same series would seem a bit redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Why would there be? If I was going to a gathering with a bunch of people that can read my thoughts at any given moment I'd take some precautions too. It has more to do with valuing your privacy than trust issues and I don't think Krakoa should have a say in that.
    I mean I agree with you, but it makes the mutants seem unprepared. For being the security at the Gala, it doesn't look as if they are checking on as many loop holes as possible. I have no problem with Iron Man being precautious, but the mutants should be as well. It seems rather careless. A theme for this era if there was one.

Besides, isn't there supposed to be a psychic concert or something? Or am I remembering wrong?
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

I mean I agree with you, but it makes the mutants seem unprepared. For being the security at the Gala, it doesn't look as if they are checking on as many loop holes as possible. I have no problem with Iron Man being precautious, but the mutants should be as well. It seems rather careless. A theme for this era if there was one.

Besides, isn't there supposed to be a psychic concert or something? Or am I remembering wrong?
    Yes, there is a psychic concert.

Stark will be watching everyone vibing and dancing and he won't hear a thing.