Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Iron Man has psi-dampeners? I'm surprised they didn't prohibit the use of tech like that. Then again, I don't necessarily blame Tony for bringing them. Things went bad for Reed anyways.
    Ps-dampeners are not enough. They should have a more agressive function that causes explosive diarrhea to the peeping toms.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I thought he used nanites in AvX that would shock Emma if she used her powers? I just think it's odd that there wouldn't be restrictions at the Gala. Maybe Iron Man gets scolded later.
    They used both. Psi-dampeners to keep Emma or Rachel shutting their brains down and nanites to keep Emma in check after she was taken into custody

Re Reed: considering Hank’s never as smart as he thinks he is, odds are Reed, T’Challa and Tony have noticed all his listening devices

Quote Originally Posted by otipep_90 View Post
    I guess Phoenix Echo wasn’t invited? Would it be too awkward for the Avengers to explain?
    Maybe this is set before Echo became the new Phoenix?
    Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I hesitate to ask, but what pray tell, is a Phoenix Echo? Did like Aaron make it an official character after it had its orgy with the Avengers?
    Phoenix = Echo. Maya Lopez is the new host.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Battle-ready I agree with but we've seen Reed and Stark use tech to switch from civilian clothes to costumes. Rogue and Gambit did it recently but I get it, it's a show of strength.
    Captain Marvel can instantly morph into her costume too, she's been able to do that since she was still Ms. Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Do we think Tony and Emma will have a wedding type thing.She isn't in any concrete romantic relationship and will probably represent the Hellfire company.
    I wondered if that would happen in Heroes Reborn.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    UGH THE FALSE GOD & THIRD PRETENDER OF KRAKOAN HISTORY!!!!!!!! HUMANS ON THE ISLAND DRESSSED TERRIBLY!!!! IRON MAN NEAR EMMMAAAAA!!!! EMMMA LOOKINNGGG LIKE A BIG CLOUUUUUUDDDDD!!! SHEEEE-HULLLLLKKKK STILL LOOKS LIKE THAT UGHHHHHH AAHHHHHHHHHHHH IT'S ALLLL HIDEEEOOOOUUSSSSSSS MYYYYYY EYYYYEEEESSSSS
    I find it more telling that the Avengers have decided to arrive in military/fight attire to a peaceful gala!!! What's wrong with these assholes? That's such a statement of violence to me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I find it more telling that the Avengers have decided to arrive in military/fight attire to a peaceful gala!!! What's wrong with these assholes? That's such a statement of violence to me.
    They are wearing uniforms.And most mutants are living weapons in themselves.They don't need gear.Also after AvX and Krakoa tension is tight.It is plain foolish to go unprepared.They are also going also going to mutant home-field and there is a good chance will be outnumbered.I always found it hippocrytical when in HOX they had magneto disarm that agent carrying a gun which he was kept on him for self defense.He didn't use it when magneto took the place of Xavier and had no intent on using it.Magneto said that self defense is an excuse which I understand coming from most mutants(and agree with,the people who use sentinels to attack are clearly in the wrong) but they have to realize they are living weapons.
    An average mutant can say that but X-men have repeatedly broken many laws and I feel they should not say that although that is arguable.Magneto on the other hand has no right to say this.I also don't like how he kills so many and then says humans bad because he was a victim of the holocaust.He does the same thing as the people who were responsible for the holocaust.I don't feel any sympathy for him.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 05-15-2021 at 01:03 AM.

To be fair if you told me to come to a party with the likes of Sinister, Shaw, Mystique, Exodus, etc. I'd be prepared too.

Incredible Member

i mean brians wearing his captain avalon outfit in the excalibur preview. maybe all the non mutant heroes were asked to come in costume

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    They are wearing uniforms.And most mutants are living weapons in themselves.They don't need gear.Also after AvX and Krakoa tension is tight.It is plain foolish to go unprepared.They are also going also going to mutant home-field and there is a good chance will be outnumbered.I always found it hippocrytical when in HOX they had magneto disarm that agent carrying a gun which he was kept on him for self defense.He didn't use it when magneto took the place of Xavier and had no intent on using it.Magneto said that self defense is an excuse which I understand coming from most mutants(and agree with,the people who use sentinels to attack are clearly in the wrong) but they have to realize they are living weapons.
    An average mutant can say that but X-men have repeatedly broken many laws and I feel they should not say that although that is arguable.Magneto on the other hand has no right to say this.I also don't like how he kills so many and then says humans bad because he was a victim of the holocaust.He does the same thing as the people who were responsible for the holocaust.I don't feel any sympathy for him.
    Itīs not public knowledge Magneto was in the holocaust, even in the superhero community and he never has used it as a excuse for his actions, neither has he been a menace to the world since the destruction of Genosha and has been an active agent in helping the world and the X-men when itīs been neccesary post HoM. He wasnīt angry at the agent for carrying a weapon in fact he already knew he carried one, he got mad because the agent had the plan of killing Xavier so Krakoa would not be recognized as a nation by the UN and thatīs why he took away his weapon.

I donīt see any problem with the Avengers or the FF4 they traditionally use their uniform to most parties but I think itīs a lost opportunity to see them wear something different for a change. I think Wasp should have helped them to some new clothes to have some fun.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-15-2021 at 02:31 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Itīs not public knowledge Magneto was in the holocaust, even in the superhero community and he never has used it as a excuse for his actions, neither has he been a menace to the world since the destruction of Genosha and has been an active agent in helping the world and the X-men when itīs been neccesary post HoM. He wasnīt angry at the agent for carrying a weapon in fact he already knew he carried one, he got mad because the agent had the plan of killing Xavier so Krakoa would not be recognized as a nation by the UN and thatīs why he took away his weapon.

I donīt see any problem with the Avengers or the FF4 they traditionally use their uniform to most parties but I think itīs a lost opportunity to see them wear something different for a change. I think Wasp should have helped them to some new clothes to have some fun.
    It's not a secret either.He tells people if the subject is related(like in A+X with SSP).I don't recall the agent planning to kill Xavier.My bad.
    Also I re-read my post and just wanted to clarify I like Magneto a lot.He is a badass.Just don't agree with people who say that magneto is justified in his deeds because of it.
    I think the Gala part was more of a dressup for mutants with jumbo.Most guests both human and superheroes are relatively normally dressed.I also don't think they would wear anything nearly as ridicuolous as the outfits we have seen but something other than the normal would have been good

Well that was mostly a fun issue where the writer wanted to play with the idea of Magneto making fun of Doc Ock without even being aware of what he was doing, so even if I consider it canon itīs not really usual for him to talk about it openly to strangers and Spidey is a stranger to him even if he kind of likes him. He usually has a kind of "if itīs neccesary I will do it because the consequences of not acting are worse" thatīs how his past plays a part on his actions but even in this case he has been trying different ways to help mutants and support the X-men.

I just think this could have been a good opportunity to show off a little of Wasp creative work outside of some mentions about it. In HoM she designed Storm outfit so a kind of fashion duel of jumbo vs Wasp would have been fun to see.

But what I am really interested in is the interactions between the characters, the Avengers, FF4, Dr Doom, Namor will be there in a peaceful seeting with the X-men for the first time in a long time and it will be nice to see them interact.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Extraordinary Member

Well that was mostly a fun issue where the writer wanted to play with the idea of Magneto making fun of Doc Ock without even being aware of what he was doing, so even if I consider it canon itīs not really usual for him to talk about it openly to strangers and Spidey is a stranger to him even if he kind of likes him. He usually has a kind of "if itīs neccesary I will do it because the consequences of not acting are worse" thatīs how his past plays a part on his actions but even in this case he has been trying different ways to help mutants and support the X-men.

I just think this could have been a good opportunity to show off a little of Wasp creative work outside of some mentions about it. In HoM she designed Storm outfit so a kind of fashion duel of jumbo vs Wasp would have been fun to see.

But what I am really interested in is the interactions between the characters, the Avengers, FF4, Dr Doom, Namor will be there in a peaceful seeting with the X-men for the first time in a long time and it will be nice to see them interact.
    Does Magneto like Spider-man.I mean i thought he would be one of the "He is an Insect" but if he does that would show that he can respect characters even though they have a goofier exterior and doesn't judge a book by it's cover.I mean Spidey is one of the best heroes beside that initial impression of being a clown so it makes sense.

I kinda agree.Again it makes more sense that they show up in uniforms imo but a Wasp vs Jumbo Fashion fight sounds too good to pass up.Oh well maybe next time

This.This can be one of the best events if the dialogue is good.The potential is through the roof.It is extremely rare to see so many people from different parts of the MU just talk.If this is just classic hero talk with a couple snarky remarks i will be disappointed.Let's wait and see

He once believed Spidey to be a mutant then he found out he wasnt, itīs very subtle but he genuinely doesnīt have anything agaist spider-man and he helped him scape from the inverted Avengers during the axis event when Magneto joined Cap to try to turn the heros back to their normal self.

I hope itīs more than snaky remarks and I am also hoping to see a meeting between Reed, Iron Man, Namor, Xavier, Strange, Cap, TīChalla, etc itīs just too good to let it get to waste. I hope it leads to some new interesting stories. Like I can just imagine get mad at Charles for not telling them about Krakoa and Magneto and Dr Doom having a friendly dinner and talk about the Anhiliation.

Incredible Member

He once believed Spidey to be a mutant then he found out he wasnt, itīs very subtle but he genuinely doesnīt have anything agaist spider-man and he helped him scape from the inverted Avengers during the axis event when Magneto joined Cap to try to turn the heros back to their normal self.

I hope itīs more than snaky remarks and I am also hoping to see a meeting between Reed, Iron Man, Namor, Xavier, Strange, Cap, TīChalla, etc itīs just too good to let it get to waste. I hope it leads to some new interesting stories. Like I can just imagine get mad at Charles for not telling them about Krakoa and Magneto and Dr Doom having a friendly dinner and talk about the Anhiliation.
    it would be interesting if hickman ties in that first illuminati meeting again. tchalla walking away after was part of the setup for that book and the next page did turn ends with this.
    ze9icgq74nn61.jpg
    i know it was written as a nod towards giant sized x men but we don't see what the conversation actually is and hickman could do something with that. two kings, two of the smartest men in the world and the sorcerer supreme might have given him a few ideas on how to build his future kingdom.

Extraordinary Member

I really want more Spider-man and magneto and even X men in general.He better be at the gala.
    Same here.illuminati reunion going to be awkward af.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    it would be interesting if hickman ties in that first illuminati meeting again. tchalla walking away after was part of the setup for that book and the next page did turn ends with this.
    ze9icgq74nn61.jpg
    i know it was written as a nod towards giant sized x men but we don't see what the conversation actually is and hickman could do something with that. two kings, two of the smartest men in the world and the sorcerer supreme might have given him a few ideas on how to build his future kingdom.
    Yes please.It could go both ways.Either they helped him develop the idea or asked him to never do such a thing.Both could work