Default Do we think the Hickman era will end once Marvel releases a MCU film

Maybe thats too long because we probably wont get an X-Men movie until 2025.

Just curious what you all think.

I mean I am pleased with it but I think they're going to have to keep it fresh because some of the titles are fixing for it.

Astonishing Member

I think it's possible it will end even before that. There are factors which could force the hand to speed up the tempo for the macro story again or push for a quick resolution, or they want to do yet another reboot attempt.

But it seems very likely the movie incarnation will be a catalyst for cleaning up current status quo, even if it's still going on, in order to synergize with the movie depiction as much as the established marvel universe allows.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It will end when HiX-Man decides/plans it will end...regardless if there's a movie or not. One doesn't have much to do with the other.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I think a fluid way to introduce the mutants in the MCU would be to have them taking shelter and hiding away from the world on Krakoa all this whole time. It can be established that mutants had a long suppressed and segregated history in the past and Xavier used Cerebro to wipe the memories and existence of mutantkind from all human’s minds for their own safety and protection.

Would that be a clunky retcon? Yes but I would rather the mutants have an established history with their debut and not just pop out from scratch in modern day (which at this point could be 5-10 years from now) or be a period piece like Captain Marvel where they’re already known but weren’t present for any of the events that transpired afterwards in all the other MCU films.
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 05-04-2021 at 04:48 PM.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Back in the Fear Itself days, I read an interview with Hickman or Fraction. They mentioned the whole "playing with the toys and putting them back" metaphor that gets applied to Marvel and DC. So I'm pretty sure he has an exact strategy planned for when he has to leave. In fact, Hickman set up his Exit Strategy with Moira's 11th life.

I'd probably use the Krakoa status quo as a way to bring them into the MCU.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-04-2021 at 04:54 PM.

I really doubt it. They haven't really tried to synergize much recently. And I think it's likely Hickman might be done by the time we even get a confirmation of casting if nothing of the current timeline of projects gets change. And even if it isn't over it might not be as immidiate as people think.

I mean, Feigi could either go with a (much more tone down) version of Krakoa or with (a new take on) the school or a mix of both or something new altogether. Whatever tie in we might get in the comics might just be some characters will get push or they'll be a mini or something. And if the multiverse thing works out for them they might not even care to synch it too closely.

The real tell will be how they handle the characters in the upcoming movies. I mean, Black Widow has a comic with Yelena. Sam and Bucky had a mini. But Wanda and Vision didn't get a push. There's an Eternals comics but I don't think it reflects much of what we know of the upcoming movie. I honestly think that any synergy is just going to be more superficial than before.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I really doubt it. They haven't really tried to synergize much recently. And I think it's likely Hickman might be done by the time we even get a confirmation of casting if nothing of the current timeline of projects gets change. And even if it isn't over it might not be as immidiate as people think.

I mean, Feigi could either go with a (much more tone down) version of Krakoa or with (a new take on) the school or a mix of both or something new altogether. Whatever tie in we might get in the comics might just be some characters will get push or they'll be a mini or something. And if the multiverse thing works out for them they might not even care to synch it too closely.

The real tell will be how they handle the characters in the upcoming movies. I mean, Black Widow has a comic with Yelena. Sam and Bucky had a mini. But Wanda and Vision didn't get a push. There's an Eternals comics but I don't think it reflects much of what we know of the upcoming movie. I honestly think that any synergy is just going to be more superficial than before.
    This. I Think the "sinergy" will be the uniforms and stuff.

Mighty Member

I'd personally be surprised if Hickman's era lasts that long. I figure X-men aren't gonna be in the movies til 25ish.

That said I don't think Krakoa is going away, but the hickmanisms like the illuminati like quiet council will.

I Also dont think Krakoa is gonna be whipe out.

But The "HickMan" era made me realize that the old and clasic Mutant versus Mutant thing is boring and stupid.

But this aproach is fun. They finally have peace. (Between them)

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

No I don't think his era will last that long.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    This. I Think the "sinergy" will be the uniforms and stuff.
    Oh yeah, that is about as much as I expect. And mostly for merch selling reasons..

I think synergizing comics and movies (And the shows to vague degrees) was just more of a thing that mattered when this whole thing started, but with the MCU as old as it is and with the changes they had to make due to not sharing the rights before, it's just too much to expect the comics to keep reflecting the movies to the degree of when we suddenly got a Samuel L Fury running in 616. I mean, at this point the X-Men(And F4 for that matter) could end up being close to or in the same age range as the Young Avengers, which already changes the dynamics too much with the main comic u.