Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Technically but you were pretending like her helping move a moon was an example of how strong she was in the 80s and 90s, when in fact it's just something she could do in 1999.

So you think the woman that wrote She-Hulk doesn't believe women can be strong. Got ya.
    Still the 90s. She killed a Doomsday clone in the 90s while weakened too.

What i believe is that mariko doesen't think that WW is that strong based on how she wrote her. Maybe she wrote she-hulk better. Being the female version of a well established and super strong male character can sometimes be an ''advantage'' i guess.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

So again, you can disagree with how Mariko Tamaki writes Wonder Woman, but that doesn't mean that she is a sexist.
    Somebody needs to compare the way she writes WW and then look at how she wrote male powerhouses or female heros that are the female version of an already existing male hero with great strength. That would give us an idea.

They can get harmed by their head beams. I don't think invulnerable to it just it's hard for it to really harm him.
    But I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    They can get harmed by their head beams. I don't think invulnerable to it just it's hard for it to really harm him.
    But I could be wrong.
    So if a kryptonian can be burned by heat vision, Diana should also without a doubt. And then again, heat vision is a really random power. You never know what it can burn and what it can't.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

So if a kryptonian can be burned by heat vision, Diana should also without a doubt. And then again, heat vision is a really random power. You never know what it can burn and what it can't.
    My personal headcanon is it scales with prolonged use. That is to say, it gets hotter the longer they pour it on, and they can dial the speed from 1-10.

So they can start at "warm coffee" or "melt steel" but if they stick at it long enough, can pierce even Kryptonians. It should also expend sunlight, so if they're not under a yellow sun, that should drain their powers quicker than any other application of their gifts sans perhaps the solar flare.

And yeah, Clark's invulnerability is a lie. He's impervious to most Earthly forces, but if you nuke him he definitely isn't feeling well and Doomsday proved conclusively that he can be beaten down, stabbed and killed. It's more perception than reality.

The thing is some items are harder to burn than others. So I'm wondering if Diana's skin should be touch because it seems to be at times the eye beams are stronger depending on the Kryptonians

Okay how should her skin fair against Superman's eye beams. Looking back at how often Superman and Diana fought someone on Reddit Diana would get owed because Superman has better feats and more powers. However, at one point Diana had new powers too. Not it that b it looking at their fights many ended in draws and so far I think Diana and Superman have killed each other a equal number of times.

I mean what kind of feats should be seeing for Diana ? Because she often doesn't go against darkseid and win on her own
    She literally was gouging his eyes out while he was blasting her with heat vision in the Sacrifice fight.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    My personal headcanon is it scales with prolonged use. That is to say, it gets hotter the longer they pour it on, and they can dial the speed from 1-10.

So they can start at "warm coffee" or "melt steel" but if they stick at it long enough, can pierce even Kryptonians. It should also expend sunlight, so if they're not under a yellow sun, that should drain their powers quicker than any other application of their gifts sans perhaps the solar flare.

And yeah, Clark's invulnerability is a lie. He's impervious to most Earthly forces, but if you nuke him he definitely isn't feeling well and Doomsday proved conclusively that he can be beaten down, stabbed and killed. It's more perception than reality.
    When Superman heat visioned Blackrock it was shown that Blackrock was getting progressively hotter the longer Superman kept at it. Well also that heat vision has a volume setting. 'cause when Superman turned it up to 11 random nearby objects started catching fire!

Assuming that she doesn't outright block or dodge Kryptonian heat vision and its cranked up to 100 i.e. hotter then the suns core, yeah she's definitely feel it. Its gonna slow her down and she's gonna be in pain but its not stopping her.

So again, you can disagree with how Mariko Tamaki writes Wonder Woman, but that doesn't mean that she is a sexist.
    Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Somebody needs to compare the way she writes WW and then look at how she wrote male powerhouses or female heros that are the female version of an already existing male hero with great strength. That would give us an idea.
    I just don't think Tamaki can write powerhouses, her She Hulk wasn't that powerful either from my understanding.

I've been more or less in agreeance with Agent Z, in that for the most part there is a problem of bad writing not pure sexism. But I can see the sexism arguments.

Some writers just can't write powerhouses. It's a deficiency especially for a comic book writer. We have a lot of great writers when it comes to story but they write planetary characters, their fights, struggles etc the same way as street level characters.

Just look at the recent Loki episode. Ignoring the poor fight choreography, even with his powers Loki can still be chocked out with cleaning appliances despite him fighting Thor 1 on 1 physically in 3 movies. He is basically a street level character in his show.

Speedwise how fast should she be? I mean many say she should at least be able to keep up with fast or superman. The same can be ask about her quickly can she fly.

Speedwise how fast should she be? I mean many say she should at least be able to keep up with fast or superman. The same can be ask about her quickly can she fly.
    Some versions like to emphasize "speed of Hermes", but that's the version empowered by the gods. The demi-goddess version? hard to say.

Spectacular Member

She should be at least as fast as kal el & wally. In both flight & foot. As a God Hermes should be faster than everyone right?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Some versions like to emphasize "speed of Hermes"
    I always find that that's meaningless because we have no reason to believe that Hermes is faster or slower than Flash. Just like we have no reason to assume that Hercules is stronger or weaker than Superman.