Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I always find that that's meaningless because we have no reason to believe that Hermes is faster or slower than Flash. Just like we have no reason to assume that Hercules is stronger or weaker than Superman.
    Yeah, but.... that's true of pretty much all power level comparisons. Either there's a direct in-universe comparison, or there's no definitive way to say exactly how they compare.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    not being bulletproof is one of the reasons why certain writers think Superman should end her in one hit. The reason why we have so many terrible durability feats for her nowadays. If you want street level WW fine. The WW that is supposed to be a heavy hitter and take full attacks from them can not be harmed by mere bullets.
    Perhaps that's Diana's weakness hence the grace by which she aptly uses her bracelets?

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Perhaps that's Diana's weakness hence the grace by which she aptly uses her bracelets?
    It is not needed. As a weakness it makes no sense and only harms her character's satus.

I mean coming out a weakness isn't hard it can easily be Amazonian weapons or certain magically weapons. I mean also if we want to make her bracelets weakness it would have to go back to the whole Amazonian rage. Maybe she can't fully control it. But really it can be certain magically weapons and her lasso. I 'm curious how tough should Diana be with magic? By that I mean with spellcasters like Zatanna or Circe?

I personally think Diana's body should be impossible to dysmorph, but is specially easy to have it's mind separated from her body.

In terms of how much damage a magic lightning or magical crushing rocks should do? As much as a fictional thing does to another fictional thing. Whatever the writer wants for the plot.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Speedwise how fast should she be? I mean many say she should at least be able to keep up with fast or superman. The same can be ask about her quickly can she fly.
    Faster than light just like Superman should be too, but not Flasht attoseconds might be an eternity like, although Flash should be not that fast either and just faster than Superman and Wonder Woman to a notable but not exaggerated degree.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Some versions like to emphasize "speed of Hermes", but that's the version empowered by the gods. The demi-goddess version? hard to say.
    Are you talking about New-52, because even in Rebirth she got empowered by Hermes?

Why should Superman and Wonder Woman be faster than light?

The only things in real life that are faster than light are subatomic particles. I get why Flash would break that sort of logic, but why should Superman and Wonder Woman be that fast? Nothing they do requires them to be that fast.
    Last edited by Alpha; 06-21-2021 at 03:21 AM.

The only things in real life that are faster than light are subatomic particles. I get why Flash would break that sort of logic, but why should Superman and Wonder Woman be that fast? Nothing they do requires them to be that fast.
    Nothing that you want them to do, maybe…

But plenty of us want both Wonder Woman and Superman to be top tier speedsters and not completely outclassed by Flash. (After all how many Flashes, and Flash equivalents are there nowadays….dozens at least…so having Wonder Woman and Superman in same ball park doesn’t take anyway anything from Flash.)

And certainly in outer space it makes perfect sense for Superman to be able to travel faster than light by some means or other if space adventures are part of story telling repertoire.

Mighty Member

The better question would be, why not? They are power fantasies, should both have adventures in space, should be not too much slower than Flash, exists in a verse where faster than light speed isn't even special, and so on.

It's news to me that there are flying magical or divine or meta human women in real life, who are connected to greek mythology, have magical lassos, fight witches, and defy any kind of scientific logic with their sheer existence. If it makes sense for Flash to break that logic and can be required, why the heck should it be not the same for Superman and Wonder Woman, who don't even follow any scientific logic to begin with?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    And certainly in outer space it makes perfect sense for Superman to be able to travel faster than light by some means or other if space adventures are part of story telling repertoire.
    In Wonder Woman's case could it even help to again have space adventures now and then, and Alpha's requirement question don't makes sense anyway, neither Superman nor Wonder Woman have only slow bricks as enemies, and get into plenty of situations where much speed would be a big help.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 06-21-2021 at 09:55 AM.

In the golden age Diana was able to vibrate so far she could go to another dimension. So Diana seems to have her own Speedforce

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    In Wonder Woman's case could it even help to again have space advetures now and then, and Alpha's requirement question don't makes sense anyway, neither Superman nor Wonder Woman have only slow bricks as enemies, and get into plenty of situations where much speed would be a big help.
    I’ve never bought into the “logic” that Wonder Woman’s and Superman’s powers should be limited by reference to other DC heroes.

Once you start down the road of arguing that they can’t be anywhere near as fast as the Flash, as intelligent as Batman, have the fighting skill of Batman, have the will power and bravery of a GL, then you end up with Wonder Woman and Superman just being good at lifting heavyweights.

And certainly Flash allegedly a science based hero (lol!) should rationally be limited to light speed, while Wonder Woman, magic based, need not be.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 06-21-2021 at 08:42 AM.

The reason why Flash needs to be faster than light is because he travels in time just by running. Do you even realize how fast lightspeed is?

Lightspeed is 7 laps around the world in one second. You think Superman needs to be able to take 7 laps around the world in one second? You think Diana needs to take 7 laps around the world in one second?

Not only is that speed absurd, you're also telling me that Superman and Wonder Woman should be able to perceive time at that velocity. That would make them absolutely unstoppable because they could destroy an entire city in 1 second without anyone noticing.

If Superman was faster than light, any time a villain took over his mind, they could destroy the entire United States in one minute without anyone even being able to perceive him.