Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

I'm curious what about her with the belt? In the golden age the Belt gave her and the amazons to be unbeatable. What should that mean if we still have it in modern era?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious what about her with the belt? In the golden age the Belt gave her and the amazons to be unbeatable. What should that mean if we still have it in modern era?
    It should mean the same thing. Nothing really needs to change, it increases the strength that they already have and gives them additional abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It should mean the same thing. Nothing really needs to change, it increases the strength that they already have and gives them additional abilities.
    Should that also give Diana also an increase? And how much more.

In the Golden Age, it was the 'Girdle of Aphrodite' and the lasso was made from the girdle itself with Athena giving it more powers then later Diana herself giving it more powers via ~Amazon Chemicals~. Presumably this was the same for Earth 1 Diana as well.

Post Crisis, the Girdle became the 'Golden Girdle of Gaea' instead. Both Antiope and Hippolyta wore it. However, Antiope returned her girdle to Hippolyta since she decided not to settle in Themyscira. Antiope's Girdle was then taken by Hestia who had Hephesteus forge it into the Lasso of Truth. The original Shim'Tar from the Bana Tribe would later use the Golden Girdle to give WW a brutal beat down but later Diana won and returned the girdle to her mother.

The gridle in the golden age made the Amazons unstoppable has long has Hippoltya wore it. Post Crisis I don't think that is true. So the Question becomes if we give the gridle back it's original power. Does that make the Amazons too overpowers.

One other thing is it seems there are no amazons who do magic. I figured at least some Amazons would know magic.

Well there is Magala. She knows magic

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The gridle in the golden age made the Amazons unstoppable has long has Hippoltya wore it. Post Crisis I don't think that is true. So the Question becomes if we give the gridle back it's original power. Does that make the Amazons too overpowers.

One other thing is it seems there are no amazons who do magic. I figured at least some Amazons would know magic.
    Nothing is truly unstoppable. It should just grant them immense streangth/gifts of the gods.

Should sticky this so there aren’t a bunch of threads complaining about the same general topic
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Should sticky this so there aren’t a bunch of threads complaining about the same general topic
    Agreed, but even if it was stickyd we'd still get several new topics made.

The whole reason this thread was created was so that power level debates wouldn't clog up other threads. It's helped but we still have new power level debate threads popping up and power level debates still creep into other discussion threads.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh, how I wish that would solve the problem.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I'm curious. What powers should be due to training and what is natural. Like if majority of amazons are reincarnated women. Are they given strength right after they come from the well? Or is that training.

I do think some amazons should practice in magic since we do have Hecate has a Goddess. Amazon metal should such a thing many look at. Like we see Diana with a regular sword and shield. However, if anything her sword and shield should be so strong it can cut to almost anything even other amazons. Maybe even herself. z
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 10-20-2021 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Oh, how I wish that would solve the problem.
    Would at least be a containment thread
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Diana is shown at times to sense some lies even by people or if the place is around her. So how much should that be with out using the lasso?

Amazing Member

Diana is shown at times to sense some lies even by people or if the place is around her. So how much should that be with out using the lasso?
    In the Perez origin, Hestia gives Diana this power. This power of truth is channeled through the lasso.
    In my opinion, the lasso should not "work' for anyone but Diana.