Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Some people would have to write Superman and Wonderwoman beating each other back forth in wins over the years, while draw game for the final fight.

Also make Wonder Woman stronger again.

Still no point into demanding it, it's not gonna happen.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Some people would have to write Superman and Wonderwoman beating each other back forth in wins over the years, while draw game for the final fight.

Also make Wonder Woman stronger again.

Still no point into demanding it, it's not gonna happen.
    We can always hope. And fans can't give up and just accept anything. That would be the worst thing to do.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    that's the Nuclearman movie right? Screwiest part... is that they drastically changed the PLOT of the movie while filming, and the result just.. didn't fully make sense as a result. which was apparently a result of budget for filming... :/ If they'd gotten it right and used the original story? ooh... I'd love to see that movie.
    I remember getting the comic adaption of the movie and it was drastically different than what went on screen. It was obvious that the script changed dramatically to the finished product they put in the movie theatres.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    To be fair, if we nowadays use NaVi's metric for what makes a character allegedly lesser, Superman would be definitively lesser than at least Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Batman in the DCEU.
    I suppose that in the DCU the ones who rule are the women, because if not, the bad men could never allow the success of WW.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    I suppose that in the DCU the ones who rule are the women, because if not, the bad men could never allow the success of WW.
    Well obviously, WW has never done well in most team up stories like jl. Where she is treated as a jobber or just there to fill empty spaces. JL dark is one of the only recent exceptions. In the meeantime, there are plenty of good solo WW stories. The difference between WW solo in 2017 movie and both versions of jl are like day and night. Even if i still think the solo movie has its flaws. It is a masterpiece compared to the treatment she got in jl. So yup. WW gains nothing from being next to batman and superman, other than being treated badly to favor them in the plot. So you can be sure that most WW fans, wouldn't feel bad if she was to never interact with the bm and sm lores ever again.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 09-23-2022 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I remember getting the comic adaption of the movie and it was drastically different than what went on screen. It was obvious that the script changed dramatically to the finished product they put in the movie theatres.
    Hmmm yeah heard about that. There's floating around the web "deleted scenes" from the movie that match the comic too. But the comic actually has Nuclear Man use some sort of shape changing power on two occasions.... Which didn't get filmed.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Athena save me the headache for posting this but might as well post it here since it'll turn into the usual. But I do like how creative this was with her doing her usual stance. It hurts her but nothing major and she recovers fairly quickly.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Athena save me the headache for posting this but might as well post it here since it'll turn into the usual. But I do like how creative this was with her doing her usual stance. It hurts her but nothing major and she recovers fairly quickly.
    Why are you posting a scan of Miss America getting hurt, after Hippolyta dodged and blocked bullets, and into what should this turn?

Mighty Member

If you need to pretend that Wonder Woman who got created in the early 1940s didn't go through multiple decades where open sexism was the standard in basically all of society, and that even afterwards sexism did not just disappear in a magical way, i can not stop you from convincing yourself that the completely different threatment of Wonder Woman in comparison to Superman and Batman had and has somehow no negative effects, but even your example with the movie makes no sense by looking at the long history of Wonder Woman not getting a movie beforehand and why.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Why are you posting a scan of Miss America getting hurt, after Hippolyta dodged and blocked bullets, and into what should this turn?
    Because Miss America is Diana in this story

You know exactly the comments that will be made.

I think some readers/posters are among those who would not "allow" WW to be successful. Mystical's thread calls for more feats but when you sit down and examine poster behaviour you note that she already has feats of insane (and by today's standards, stupid) strength already and posters will simply seek to discredit those in order to assert their little fantasy scenario where dude X "claps" her because that's just what they want.

Take for example one of the many times she's moved celestial bodies. In WW#58 WW has to find an alternate star to use in place of the sun to keep the solar system's planets from flying off into outer space in the wake of the sun's theft. The story has incomparable feats of superspeed (though it should be noted she is using her plane to fly here) and she moves stars around using three methods: her invisible jet's attractor beams, Phaethon's magnetic attractor rays, and the splash page depicted Lasso for the last step. Though it is clear that the story uses nonsequential storytelling as had the issues before it, detractors go around saying it is not a feat though the story makes it QUITE clear that she moving the mass of sun even calling out how many times greater than earth is the sun's mass AND giving the mass of the earth in tons. The story clearly shows her zip across the galaxies to find a goldilocks star which she uses the plane's device to tow. Then she embarks on a quest to solve the mystery of the theft finding one of Helios' sons in deep space holding Sol hostage. When the God tries to use his rays to capture her jet she speeds back to earths system and evades the rays so they lock on to the replacement star. The she performs the action of the opening splash page to tow our sun back to its place with the lasso. The structure of the panels is a repeated device for the era.

Yet rather than acknowledging the feat antiWondy posters instead try to disavow it. More comically these posters, who of course have their own hoity toity ranking categories, then proclaim 'wunner wummin is strong but not planetary level like Supes.

Which is weird since back in those days she had used her lasso and/or her jet to move planets, moons, and other celestial bodies quite frequently and never with strain (in fact she is described as tireless. though today's writers always have her say "o hera I can't keep this up much longer", that wasn't the case back then.

Haters are going to hate regardless. But what they cannot dispute is historical fact. The fact is Supes and Cap were designed to be contemporary Hercules while WW was designed expressly to be dominant in strength and speed and her patent was changed from "strong/swift as" to "stronger/swifter than". So this notion of her not being on the same level (which is the minimum she could be) is nothing more than M word spawned fantasy aimed at making her fit into patriarchal fantasy. There is no question what she is, whether her books story center on picnics or playing kickball with Jupiter sized celestial bodies.

For those who think Stanlos is exaggerating, here is a thread that was made when Geoff Johns said that DCEU Diana was Clark's equal.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-than-him-quot

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    For those who think Stanlos is exaggerating, here is a thread that was made when Geoff Johns said that DCEU Diana was Clark's equal.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-than-him-quot
    Of course there are going to be people against it, thats a given but I saw plenty of people in that thread who were fine with her being in the same class as Supes.

Well, that Johns quote didn't age well...

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Well, that Johns quote didn't age well...
    Yeah, if by equal he meant beneath him in every way then he was right. Really subverted expectations on that one.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor