Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    The Lobo interaction was definitely something, and the man really brought back Orion's "legs" insult. Sir we aren't in the play ground no more.
    Oof, yeah. Zdarsky definitely coming off so far as the only WW he's dealt with is New 52 and the movies.

Don't know why I keep giving JL writers the benefit of the doubt when it comes to WW, think the last time I enjoyed her in a JL story was New Frontier (and that's debatable as a JL story )

One thing I'm thinking is how tough should Diana's skin be. Because a few times weapons have broken on her. I feel like more average weapons should easily do nothing. If anything feel like files
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 06-12-2021 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    One thing I'm thinking is how tough should Diana's skin be. Because a few times weapons have broken on her. I feel like more average weapons should easily do nothing. If anything feel like files
    We've talked about Diana's skin as it pertains to bullets (and didn't reach a clear consensus), but we didn't really discuss swords and spears.

As far as I'm concerned, Diana's skin should be a bit tougher than human skin. A bullet would create cracks on the surface, but her actual muscles and bones can take one punch and kick from Superman at maximum strength.

So a spear and an arrow shouldn't really do much to her skin. It's another reason for her to fight unharmed except for the lasso thay helps her restrain others. If Diana has to use a sword then it means that her skin can't handle a spear. I would say that one normal arrow shouldn't be enough to pierce her skin, but hitting her twice on the same place should leave a crack.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    We've talked about Diana's skin as it pertains to bullets (and didn't reach a clear consensus), but we didn't really discuss swords and spears.

As far as I'm concerned, Diana's skin should be a bit tougher than human skin.
    A bullet would create cracks on the surface, but her actual muscles and bones can take one punch and kick from Superman at maximum strength.

So a spear and an arrow shouldn't really do much to her skin. It's another reason for her to fight unharmed except for the lasso thay helps her restrain others. If Diana has to use a sword then it means that her skin can't handle a spear. I would say that one normal arrow shouldn't be enough to pierce her skin, but hitting her twice on the same place should leave a crack.
    A bit tougher than human skin. It doesn't make sense for a character of her supposed power level. She should be fully bulletproof. Even Auaman is nowadays. The so called Goddess has been left behind.

As far as I'm concerned, Diana's skin should be a bit tougher than human skin. A bullet would create cracks on the surface, but her actual muscles and bones can take one punch and kick from Superman at maximum strength.

Yeah I forget where it was but I remember some character who when shot with automatic rifles had small wounds in each spot hit. But it's little more than a bruise. I thought that was a good way to make a character non-invulnerable, but also super tough.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah I forget where it was but I remember some character who when shot with automatic rifles had small wounds in each spot hit. But it's little more than a bruise. I thought that was a good way to make a character non-invulnerable, but also super tough.
    Superman is not invulnerable just because he is bulletproof. Same for Carol Danvers, Hulk, Thor etc. They can bleed. They can feel pain and they can die. A character as powerful as WW is supposed to be, should not be concern about bullets and swords. When she is usually fighting Gods, Avatars, and all type of beings that are supposed to be far more dangerous than any bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    A bit tougher than human skin. It doesn't make sense for a character of her supposed power level. She should be fully bulletproof. Even Auaman is nowadays. The so called Goddess has been left behind.
    I don't like Diana being a goddess so it will never be a deciding factor for me in terms of how strong she is.

Anyway, her having skin that can be cracked while her muscles are still super tough, is a way to have your cake and eat it too. It makes Diana seem something mystical, it allows her to feel resilient and give the bracelets a function in most situations, and makes it so she can still be a total powerhouse that won't be injured by bullets

I don't like Diana being a goddess so it will never be a deciding factor for me in terms of how strong she is.

Anyway, her having skin that can be cracked while her muscles are still super tough, is a way to have your cake and eat it too. It makes Diana seem something mystical, it allows her to feel resilient and give the bracelets a function in most situations, and makes it so she can still be a total powerhouse that won't be injured by bullets
    There are countless characters that aren't Gods and are bulletproof. Carol Danvers, She Hulk, Supergirl. Even the likes of Thundra and Aquaman. And the bracelñets can still be used while being bulletproof.

Superman is not invulnerable just because he is bulletproof. Same for Carol Danvers, Hulk, Thor etc. They can bleed. They can feel pain and they can die. A character as powerful as WW is supposed to be, should not be concern about bullets and swords. When she is usually fighting Gods, Avatars, and all type of beings that are supposed to be far more dangerous than any bullet.
    The idea that her outer skin can crack and is a bit more vulnerable than everything inside her skin means that she can still go on fighting Gods, Avatars and all kinds of beings for hours.

Okay what about the bracelets. If we go back to their origins she becomes stronger but loses control. Dc has brought that back in her god mode. But how much stronger should she be? Like if we speaking about skin. Maybe her Skin changes?

How about this they can go through her but her body readjusts itself. Due to her healing powers. It never really is a worry per se but it still hurts. A bullet thought the head fine but has it happens her body already readjusts itself and repairs itself the same times
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 06-12-2021 at 04:28 PM.

The idea that her outer skin can crack and is a bit more vulnerable than everything inside her skin means that she can still go on fighting Gods, Avatars and all kinds of beings for hours.
    not being bulletproof is one of the reasons why certain writers think Superman should end her in one hit. The reason why we have so many terrible durability feats for her nowadays. If you want street level WW fine. The WW that is supposed to be a heavy hitter and take full attacks from them can not be harmed by mere bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Okay what about the bracelets. If we go back to their origins she becomes stronger but loses control. Dc has brought that back in her god mode. But how much stronger should she be? Like if we speaking about skin. Maybe her Skin changes?

How about this they can go through her but her body readjusts itself. Due to her healing powers. It never really is a worry per se but it still hurts. A bullet thought the head fine but has it happens her body already readjusts itself and repairs itself the same times
    I never liked the idea of Diana having something to hold her down because otherwise she is too dangerous.

Diana is wish fulfilment. Keep it that way.

not being bulletproof is one of the reasons why certain writers think Superman should end her in one hit. The reason why we have so many terrible durability feats for her nowadays. If you want street level WW fine. The WW that is supposed to be a heavy hitter and take full attacks from them can not be harmed by mere bullets.
    I feel like you are ignoring the part where I proposed that bullets would only leave cracks on her skin and where the rest of her body is a freaking tank.

I never liked the idea of Diana having something to hold her down because otherwise she is too dangerous.

Diana is wish fulfilment. Keep it that way.
    I agree. Which is why she should not have bullets as a weakness. It doesn't do her any favor.

I agree. Which is why she should not have bullets as a weakness. It doesn't do her any favor.
    And I didn't propose bullets as a weakness dude. Leaving a crack is like having a papercut. It's not really an injury.