Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas71 View Post
    In the Perez origin, Hestia gives Diana this power. This power of truth is channeled through the lasso.
    In my opinion, the lasso should not "work' for anyone but Diana.
    I feel like maybe unless she truth them. Like maybe it can work for Steve. Overall I also want the Superfriends animated show. Where Diana can control it with her mind and it can transform into any shape.

Okay if we take away her weakness to pierce weapons. What is a good weaknesses ?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I feel like maybe unless she truth them. Like maybe it can work for Steve. Overall I also want the Superfriends animated show. Where Diana can control it with her mind and it can transform into any shape.

Okay if we take away her weakness to pierce weapons. What is a good weaknesses ?
    Everyone is vulnerable to being beaten by someone more powerful, and sometimes that's all you need. If you took someone like MCU Thor or Hulk, for example, there don't seem to be too many complaints about how normal human weapons can't beat them. You may literally need to get nuclear if you don't rely on some alien weapon or someone really, really powerful. In fact, for many years, I think I've read fans complain that DC had too many built-in contrivances on how to beat heroes, like Kryptonite for Superman, the color yellow for Green Lantern, dessication for Aquaman, etc. Weaknesses aren't necessarily good traits for superhero comics.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Everyone is vulnerable to being beaten by someone more powerful, and sometimes that's all you need. If you took someone like MCU Thor or Hulk, for example, there don't seem to be too many complaints about how normal human weapons can't beat them. You may literally need to get nuclear if you don't rely on some alien weapon or someone really, really powerful. In fact, for many years, I think I've read fans complain that DC had too many built-in contrivances on how to beat heroes, like Kryptonite for Superman, the color yellow for Green Lantern, dessication for Aquaman, etc. Weaknesses aren't necessarily good traits for superhero comics.
    Especially when... those plot contrivances are used by z-list "street" characters as a reason for Batman to be useful......

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Apparently WW is not so powerful in current run either. A doppelganger of WW hit steve multiple times. A normal human taking hiots from an image that is supposed to have WW's powers. Oh and he destroyed it with a normal bullet. This run doesn't give me hope.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Wow, a MIRROR image of WW that isn't flesh and blood...it can't even talk properly. Does this team view WW as illiterate?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Wow, a MIRROR image of WW that isn't flesh and blood...it can't even talk properly. Does this team view WW as illiterate?
    I brought it into this thread because i don't want to bother others with another power level complain. But yes, it is a bad look if those images are supposed to have even a fraction of WW's power. This team just sucks when it comes to delivering high power level action like many previous runs. There is enough evidence to prove it at this point. Don't forget our poor girl struggled to lift a boat in the previous issue. Poor Wondy can't get any respect as a powerhouse anymore.

The fact that some people seem to think thena being compared to WW makes sense is part of the reason why we got underwhelming warrior woman so often these days. How do you go from character created to be strong enough to fight superman. Stronger than Hercules, faster than Hermes. To be ''coimparable'' to a female character like thena? I mean the way the standard has been lower for Diana is insane. I will never approve the way DC has nerfed WW to make her fit the mold of just the warrior girl, because apparently that is more ''cool'' and ''relatable''. Than being a real girl power fantasy who can do anything and perform uber power feats along with iconic and actually unique gear like the lasso instead of generic sword and shield.

This is how much WW is ''respected'' by DC next to Superman.

In 175. She is overpowered by SM and says he can kill her in a couple of hits. And that he is too strong for her.

Issue 219. He one shotted her and only re entry wakes her up.

In league of one she says she can't beat him.

In batman and superman he killed her easily.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FCFITifX...jpg&name=large

In dceaced he killed her with one punch.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FCFIQG4X...jpg&name=large

Incapacitated by Superman's heat vision (Final Crisis #6)

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/upl...aA%3Ds1600.jpg

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/upl...DQ%3Ds1600.jpg

Unable to hurt creatures said to be as strong as Superman (JLA 80-Page Giant 2011)

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/upl...5Q%3Ds1600.jpg

Now let's see how many stories do we have with WW beating SM in 2 hits? Literally.

What about one hit?

Last edited by I'm a Fish; 11-22-2021 at 12:03 PM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    What about one hit?

That was Hecate-powered Wonder Woman, and would be just comparable with if Superman with the powers of Mister Mxyzptlk would beat Wonder Woman in 1 hit, and Wonder Woman was even the villain of that story, nobody would ever complain if that would be how it typically goes.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 11-23-2021 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    That was Hecate-powered Wonder Woman, and would be just comparable with Superman with the powers of Mister Mxyzptlk would beat Wonder Woman in 1 hit and she is even a villain in that story, nobody would ever complain if that would be how it typically goes.
    Superman was the villain in some of those examples posted above, so not sure why that matters.

(And I'm pretty sure people would complain if Wonder Woman one shot Superman upon each physical encounter )

Interesting we're including WW (Vol. 2) #175 and #219 among the issues of people not respecting Diana.

Because I'm sure Phil Jimenez and Greg Rucka really don't like Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Interesting we're including WW (Vol. 2) #175 and #219 among the issues of people not respecting Diana.

Because I'm sure Phil Jimenez and Greg Rucka really don't like Wonder Woman.
    They have done great things for WW. But next to SM they sadly failed. It doesn't take away all the good they did. But i can't ignore that even them portrayed WW being overpowered by SM pretty easily. According to Jimenez. SM can kill her in just a couple of blows. Ruka has said he thinks WW would bea SM. But when he got the chance to actually write a fight between them. He had SM one shottng WW. Only re entrey made her wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Superman was the villain in some of those examples posted above, so not sure why that matters.

(And I'm pretty sure people would complain if Wonder Woman one shot Superman upon each physical encounter )
    And? The point is that more often than not. DC portrays WW as a helpless ant that SM overpowers easily in battle. In canin and not canin stories. I wouldn't complain if we startr seeing the opposite. It's about time they even up the score.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    They have done great things for WW. But next to SM they sadly failed. It doesn't take away all the good they did. But i can't ignore that even them portrayed WW being overpowered by SM pretty easily. According to Jimenez. SM can kill her in just a couple of blows. Ruka has said he thinks WW would bea SM. But when he got the chance to actually write a fight between them. He had SM one shottng WW. Only re entrey made her wake up.
    The reentry of clearing the span from the sun to the earth in a few seconds (meaning she hit the earth faster than the speed of light, somehow) and colliding with solid ground made her wake up, without any damage, I might add.

And didn't she admit she was holding back during that fight? I feel like we're ignoring everything else she did during that fight and focusing on something that wasn't even a problem.