Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Another question how well should Diana be to fight off mind control ?
    Only abstract entities and gods should really be able to mind controlling her (Eclipso for example). But she's resisted God level mind control and illusions from one of the children of Cronus, Circe, and Psycho. Max was incapable of doing anything to her too.

Diana has built in protection from mind control, illusions, and even reality warping to a degree thanks to Athena's grey eyes and her lasso.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Now this beings into question. Should the lasso break and how powerful should the lasso be? I dislike how Dc really doesn't treat it has if it's powerful because Harley and Gail have been able to get out. Many multiple times it has stated no one can't get out of the hold of the Lasso. I like the idea if the Lasso does change in the sense what the wielders truth is

Now this beings into question. Should the lasso break and how powerful should the lasso be? I dislike how Dc really doesn't treat it has if it's powerful because Harley and Gail have been able to get out. Many multiple times it has stated no one can't get out of the hold of the Lasso. I like the idea if the Lasso does change in the sense what the wielders truth is
    The lasso is indestructible. That's it. It doesn't break. Its the same rule as her gauntlets. Unbreakable. Indestructible.

People getting out of the lasso is usually a plot contrivance or writers trying to make the character "look cool" by doing something that breaks a status quo. Look at Cheetah breaking Diana's gauntlets for no other reason then "its never been done before" and "it ups the stakes". That story turned into a dud and had no real impact, it was just reversed after it was over anyway.

I would say she should be able to fight off most regular mind controllers with total immunity to mind control from characters like the Looker. Only the DC equivalent of someone like Xavier or Shadow King should be able to warp her mind but she should be able to snap out of *any* mind control using the Lasso. Once the Lasso is invoked, all bets are off.

There is one thing that is often on and off and that's Diana healing time. How quick should that be and are there limits. And if Diana does have a rage more. What should be the down side? I say that while she gets stronger but no logic

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

There is one thing that is often on and off and that's Diana healing time. How quick should that be and are there limits. And if Diana does have a rage more. What should be the down side? I say that while she gets stronger but no logic
    Really, I am beginning to think that none of this even matters anymore. Unless the editors stick with a concrete set of rules with respect to what Wonder Woman can and cannot do, then it is all for naught.

Why does she fly in some iterations, but doesn't in others? Sensation comics comes to mind as well as the DCEU movies.

Why does she seem to go street fighter in some instances, but then goes Hulking out powerwise in others?

Why do stray, shrapnel bullets take her down and the end result in an almost death situation, but then she tanks bullets like in the Injustice series?

Why do I think Marvel would do much better with Wonder Woman in their universe than DC?

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post

Why do I think Marvel would do much better with Wonder Woman in their universe than DC?
    At one point I agreed with that sentiment simply because I thought Marvel would embrace the LGBT side of her world, but then we had Jason Aaron's version of Princess Power. Wasn't so great.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    At one point I agreed with that sentiment simply because I thought Marvel would embrace the LGBT side of her world, but then we had Jason Aaron's version of Princess Power. Wasn't so great.
    You know Power Princess is supposed to be a copy of Diana not the actual character. She's at best written as satire for what DC was doing to Diana back in Nu52. Its not a fair comparison.

I actual enjoy PP on the power side of entertainment. Its actually nice seeing a god level character have villains that seem to challenge her. Which is what this thread is about.

On the power side, his take on her was the least interesting out of the whole group. Blur and Spectrum were awesome. Hyperion was also pretty nice. Power Princess just had weapons lying around. That's not what I want out of Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    On the power side, his take on her was the least interesting out of the whole group. Blur and Spectrum were awesome. Hyperion was also pretty nice. Power Princess just had weapons lying around. That's not what I want out of Diana.
    Fair enough, I don't need nor want Diana to be a walking arsenal of gear. But the stuff she does have needs to be highlighted and shown as powerful and useful.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Super Friends. JL cartoon. Injustice. The new movie about War World 2. WW 2017. JL movie. WW84 etc. There are plenty of versions of the character where she is portrayed as weak.

To this day I'm still confused why Western superhero comics don't have linear power progression for the heroes. That's the main thing that makes "heroes journey" stories so lucrative.

I know comics will never end, they have no end unlike books or manga, but still each arc or each storyline by a new writer should have an arc for the hero not just involving "emotions" or "feelings" or "learning the same lesson for the 49th time" but also with respect to their power growing.

Anyway it's just one thing that dissatisfies me reading DC comics especially Wonder Woman.

There is almost no power scale and reading WW comics 20 years ago, 10 years ago and present day, it's like nothing has changed power-wise. In fact I'd argue she's regressed.

I'm not asking for ridiculous power growth like Dragon Ball but there should at least be something and regression should definitely be out of the question. But I guess even that is too much to ask of DC.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gitagon View Post
    To this day I'm still confused why Western superhero comics don't have linear power progression for the heroes. That's the main thing that makes "heroes journey" stories so lucrative.

I know comics will never end, they have no end unlike books or manga, but still each arc or each storyline by a new writer should have an arc for the hero not just involving "emotions" or "feelings" or "learning the same lesson for the 49th time" but also with respect to their power growing.

Anyway it's just one thing that dissatisfies me reading DC comics especially Wonder Woman.

There is almost no power scale and reading WW comics 20 years ago, 10 years ago and present day, it's like nothing has changed power-wise. In fact I'd argue she's regressed.

I'm not asking for ridiculous power growth like Dragon Ball but there should at least be something and regression should definitely be out of the question. But I guess even that is too much to ask of DC.
    I think that is partially why comics are going downhill in sales. The stories don't feel like they have any long term meaning. Why they haven't just gone to "seasons" where they have dedicated teams that tell an overarching story, plan out where Wonder Woman is headed that year/5 years is beyond me.

One of the most important things too is how powerful should the average Amazon be? I feel like Amazons who deal with the Gateway would be more powerful than average Amazons. And Maybe Hippoltya is more powerful than the other Amazons

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

One of the most important things too is how powerful should the average Amazon be? I feel like Amazons who deal with the Gateway would be more powerful than average Amazons. And Maybe Hippoltya is more powerful than the other Amazons
    I don't see why they wouldnt all be the same power level for the most part? To me they should be as strong as 10 men at their physical peak.

The Amazons who are the Gateway should have armor of enchantment that boosts their strength if anything.

Hippolyta as Queen should wear the girdle of Venus that makes her stronger than her peers and something that is passed down from Queen to Queen.