Page 26 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Black Canery wasn’t a street leveler in DCeased. She had a green lantern ring.
    What Robanker said, not an easy fight, but c'mon, Black Canary even with a green lantern ring. Sheesh! So what about her jobfest with Mary Marvel? I always had the suspicion that they considered Wondy below the Marvel family's weight class.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    What Robanker said, not an easy fight, but c'mon, Black Canary even with a green lantern ring. Sheesh! So what about her jobfest with Mary Marvel? I always had the suspicion that they considered Wondy below the Marvel family's weight class.
    Well I didn’t say she still wasn’t jobbed.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Well I didn’t say she still wasn’t jobbed.
    And some people wonder why I try and fight for Wonder Woman in terms of respect for her and the power she should have. Simply put, she does not get the respect she deserves as one of the 'so called' heavy guns of the DCEU!

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    He gets to kill whoever he wants because he has his own universe. It lets him set up stakes you don't normally get to see, and that fools people into thinking he gets every character and is an excellent writer of them.

Wonder Woman is the worst example, but having Lex admit someone is more intelligent then himself and making Hawkman a wife beater is a pretty solid case of misunderstanding the core traits of those characters. I get they're alternate universes, but at that point you reach "in name only" very quickly. He does that a lot. That and shill Harley Quinn pretty hard, but I have say I wouldn't throw some of my favorites into everything if given the chance so I suppose I can't hold that too much against him.

Oh. Actually, he also cannot get over Batman. It's really bad, to the point where he includes Damian in a collection of the greatest minds on the planet "because he's Batman," whereas every other character has some actual credentials for why they're selected. In Son of Kal-El, he shills Bruce every few pages.
    Oh gods, yeah. I forgot about "Hawkman the Wife Beater". I gave up on that series by that point so that one slips my mind but that is legit probably the worst character assassination in that franchise.

Yeah, I've seen people a few times say Taylor's a decent WW writer because of the few times he wrote where she isn't spouting off about how great Superman/Batman are or committing war crimes but our standards are pretty low if that's what we consider good WW writing.
    Last edited by Gaius; 08-12-2021 at 06:57 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Oh gods, yeah. I forgot about "Hawkman the Wife Beater". I gave up on that series by that point so that one slips my mind but that is legit probably the worst character assassination in that franchise.

Yeah, I've seen people a few times say Taylor's a decent WW writer because of the few times he wrote where she isn't spouting off about how great Superman/Batman are or committing war crimes but our standards are pretty low if that's what we consider good WW writing.
    It got my girlfriend into reading superhero comics so I heard a bit about what was going on through her. I've never actually read it, but I've seen enough excerpts on here and Reddit to account for about a volume and I do know the general story beats. Unfortunately, the entire game is predicated on making half of the DC heroes go heel so one half have to become out-of-character monsters. The universe is predicated on bullshit, and Taylor had the dubious honor of expanding on said bullshit.

I don't blame him entirely for the stupid stuff going on in that book, but I do for not being able to contain his excesses strictly to it. Between Earth-2, Injustice and DCeased, I am sick to death of his nonsense.

Nightwing has been great. I'm hopeful for Dark Knights of Steel because it scratches a particular itch, but every time Diana appears under his pen I almost close the book to prepare for some bullshit. He's not a great Power Girl writer either, frankly, but at least she has the good fortune of disappearing under his radar. Diana he insists on including, much to all our chagrin. He really needs a peer to review his Wonder Woman choices. He's friends with Gail and Nicola. One could do a lot worse than those two to help you find a better portrayal of Diana.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

In the interview about Dark Knights of Steel, in addition to Superman and Batman, Taylor names Harley and Black Lighting and others. He makes no mention or reference to Diana. Even on the cover she doesn't appear, except for that variant that sometimes doesn't reflect much of the story. So I guess it will be a very secondary rol...

At least it's not Trinity v Harley in Heroes in Crisis.
    Huh?? Please don't tell me that Miss Quinn beat the Trinity in that event!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    In the interview about Dark Knights of Steel, in addition to Superman and Batman, Taylor names Harley and Black Lighting and others. He makes no mention or reference to Diana. Even on the cover she doesn't appear, except for that variant that sometimes doesn't reflect much of the story. So I guess it will be a very secondary rol...
    And then she became the protagonist of the cover of the second issue

Dark-Knights-of-Steel-Cv2-var.jpg

It got my girlfriend into reading superhero comics so I heard a bit about what was going on through her. I've never actually read it, but I've seen enough excerpts on here and Reddit to account for about a volume and I do know the general story beats. Unfortunately, the entire game is predicated on making half of the DC heroes go heel so one half have to become out-of-character monsters. The universe is predicated on bullshit, and Taylor had the dubious honor of expanding on said bullshit.

I don't blame him entirely for the stupid stuff going on in that book, but I do for not being able to contain his excesses strictly to it. Between Earth-2, Injustice and DCeased, I am sick to death of his nonsense.

Nightwing has been great. I'm hopeful for Dark Knights of Steel because it scratches a particular itch, but every time Diana appears under his pen I almost close the book to prepare for some bullshit. He's not a great Power Girl writer either, frankly, but at least she has the good fortune of disappearing under his radar. Diana he insists on including, much to all our chagrin. He really needs a peer to review his Wonder Woman choices. He's friends with Gail and Nicola. One could do a lot worse than those two to help you find a better portrayal of Diana.
    I was about to ask when he'd have ever written Power Girl but then I remembered he was on the New 52 Earth-2 books at one point and that was the one "apocalyptic DC book" he wrote that everyone didn't cream themselves over.

He seems like a nice guy from what I can tell via just social media and he does at least seem aware that Injustice WW is a truly hated character among WW fans and there's more to her than just being a warrior. But yeah between all his works, (and being a WW/BM shipper), I'm fairly dreading what I'll hear about from Dark Knights of Steel. Cause the covers so far aren't filling me with hope.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Ouh. Hello Xena Sonja.

Yikes.

Overall. How powerful is the lasso? Like in Superfriends the Lasso could transform into anything and Diana could mentally control it. Should it be on that level? I feel like many the Lasso can switch depending on the User? Like it has slightly different abilities?

I... kind of like it. I know nothing about the story, is it an alternate universe version? It feels very 80's glam fantasy akin to Golden Girl/She-Ra.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I... kind of like it. I know nothing about the story, is it an alternate universe version? It feels very 80's glam fantasy akin to Golden Girl/She-Ra.
    I like it too on its own.

I'd probably like the premise for the whole series but Taylor writing it is a big :/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I was about to ask when he'd have ever written Power Girl but then I remembered he was on the New 52 Earth-2 books at one point and that was the one "apocalyptic DC book" he wrote that everyone didn't cream themselves over.

He seems like a nice guy from what I can tell via just social media and he does at least seem aware that Injustice WW is a truly hated character among WW fans and there's more to her than just being a warrior. But yeah between all his works, (and being a WW/BM shipper), I'm fairly dreading what I'll hear about from Dark Knights of Steel. Cause the covers so far aren't filling me with hope.
    You mean you're not ready for her to simp for Bruce instead of Clark this time?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Ouh. Hello Xena Sonja.
    They've been trying to make her into that for over a decade. Seemed only fitting they finally move Heaven and Earth to accomplish it.

I'm going to laugh if she even has the "no man may bed me until he bests me bit" that will be Bruce's way of "earning" her. Ugh.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.