Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You mean you're not ready for her to simp for Bruce instead of Clark this time?

They've been trying to make her into that for over a decade. Seemed only fitting they finally move Heaven and Earth to accomplish it.

I'm going to laugh if she even has the "no man may bed me until he bests me bit" that will be Bruce's way of "earning" her. Ugh.
    Sadly for them, they can't even do a good job at that. Because all the writers that focus so much in how she is this extrodinary warrior goddess. Titan of battlefield. They never really show it on panel. They want her to be like the DC version of Xena representing combat. But they forget Xena is actually very badass on battle. While their attempts at that with Diana usually suck. Since we never really see anything extrordinary from the so called greatest warrior ever. Who keeps getting beaten by the poster boy of DC. While Xena was always in a league of her own. Even achieving the power to beat all the Gods. Not to mention Xena's character development. So if they want Diana to be their Xena. They need to put more effort. But that is always the issue with Diana. They don't feel like putting much effort into her character and lore 90% of the time.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Overall. How powerful is the lasso? Like in Superfriends the Lasso could transform into anything and Diana could mentally control it. Should it be on that level? I feel like many the Lasso can switch depending on the User? Like it has slightly different abilities?
    Too much like She-Ra, but it should be very versatile, with abilities like truth, soul interactions, negating hax and catching spirits and intangible things, flames of hestia, and so on.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Too much like She-Ra, but it should be very versatile, with abilities like truth, soul interactions, negating hax and catching spirits and intangible things, flames of hestia, and so on.
    Good thing that it pre-dates She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You mean you're not ready for her to simp for Bruce instead of Clark this time?

They've been trying to make her into that for over a decade. Seemed only fitting they finally move Heaven and Earth to accomplish it.

I'm going to laugh if she even has the "no man may bed me until he bests me bit" that will be Bruce's way of "earning" her. Ugh.
    Yeah, he likes to post that dream sequence from Injustice where she's married to Batman as proof he can write "the real Wonder Woman" but real Wonder Woman isn't arm candy for Bruce the Douche so he should try harder.

Yeah, I want to like this Dark Knights of Steel book but him not even brining her up when he talks about it but hyping Harley, Supes, and Bats and his previous track record just makes it look like another in the long line of DC Elseworld where she gets tossed under the bus. So I'm probably just gonna not give it the time of day unless I hear great things even from Taylor's detractors.

Okay power level. Should things like the girdles have two options. Like the Amazons of course have the ones for the queens but what about the golden age Venus Girdles? Should we have the Amazons make them for things like Gods and Diana's enemies. Heck maybe even other versions of their bracelets? Like for Superman and all the JL to weaken them

Okay power level. Should things like the girdles have two options. Like the Amazons of course have the ones for the queens but what about the golden age Venus Girdles? Should we have the Amazons make them for things like Gods and Diana's enemies. Heck maybe even other versions of their bracelets? Like for Superman and all the JL to weaken them
    I mean, the Venus Girdles could be reworked into simply taking away super powers and other abilities rather then it being essentially a mind control devise. That wouldn't be bad. But, the Girdle of Amazons should only be for the queen/royal family.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, he likes to post that dream sequence from Injustice where she's married to Batman as proof he can write "the real Wonder Woman" but real Wonder Woman isn't arm candy for Bruce the Douche so he should try harder.

Yeah, I want to like this Dark Knights of Steel book but him not even brining her up when he talks about it but hyping Harley, Supes, and Bats and his previous track record just makes it look like another in the long line of DC Elseworld where she gets tossed under the bus. So I'm probably just gonna not give it the time of day unless I hear great things even from Taylor's detractors.
    I'm a Taylor detractor, the only book of his I've enjoyed is Nightwing, so I'll tell you how it goes if nothing else.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Good thing that it pre-dates She-Ra
    I know that Superfriends is older than She-Ra, and the lasso should be very versatile, but a transformer-lasso don't fits because it would be not the lasso of truth but the swiss army-knife of truth and i bet she would even more often run around with a sword.

In Joe Kelly's run on JLA he wrote a story called "The Golden Perfect". Basically, the lasso of truth breaks doen because of a philosophical dilema and reality itself starts looking like a Salvador Dali painting. All laws of physics, or even logic, stop working.

So essentially, the lasso of truth is a living embodiment of a fundamental aspect of the universe, like an Infinity Stone. This item was more fundamental than any of the Gods. I loved this idea that Diana carried around something so important, but it was treated as just a lasso with some cool tricks.

This is what I think the lasso should be, a living embodiment of the concept of truth, but one that normally is just used to mind meld the people holding it at the same time. I would do away with the whole compel people to tell the truth and instead just stick with the idea that it allows one to peer into each other's soul. This would also mean that whenever Diana wants to show someone the truth, she must also open her own mind to them. The deeper she wants to go into them, the deeper she allows them to go into her secrets.

Plus the lasso can break through illusions and various types of magic
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-16-2021 at 03:07 AM.

One idea that I've been debating is, what if the lasso of truth came from the Moirai / Fates. What if Diana met the Moirai and took her own string of life as her own, and thus taking control over her own destiny. I feel like it's an interesting mythological connection, but I'm not sure how it would work in terms of story. How would she meet them and take it from them.

How do you guys feel about The Queen Hippoltya in DC Superheroes being strong and it seems in the same league as her daughter

How do you guys feel about The Queen Hippoltya in DC Superheroes being strong and it seems in the same league as her daughter
    Given how in some of the comics Hippolyta was WW at one point? sounds fine?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It's honestly whatever at this point. Do I think she should be as strong as Diana? No. But her skill should be probably better than Dianas. But that's why Id like her to have the girdle to make up the power difference.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Given how in some of the comics Hippolyta was WW at one point? sounds fine?
    She wasn't on par with Diana during her period as WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It's honestly whatever at this point. Do I think she should be as strong as Diana? No. But her skill should be probably better than Dianas. But that's why Id like her to have the girdle to make up the power difference.
    Yeah. Weaker... but still strong enough to throw cars.