Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    The reentry of clearing the span from the sun to the earth in a few seconds (meaning she hit the earth faster than the speed of light, somehow) and colliding with solid ground made her wake up, without any damage, I might add.

And didn't she admit she was holding back during that fight? I feel like we're ignoring everything else she did during that fight and focusing on something that wasn't even a problem.
    Sacrifice was a good fight overall, since she was holding back. But you can't hold back your durability. That is the one thing that i can't accept about that fight. SM oneshotting WW even if it was just for a brief moment.

WW keeps needing the shield in current run. So yea. I'm sure weaklink wonder will stay around.

And in JLD Anual. The images showed she got stomped by a beast with no impressive feats of power. So the curse contiues.

I would rather they don't answer the question about WW being bulletproof or not. Because if they are gonna have her shot again. They will destroy what Orlando did with WW giving her a bulletproof feat, and their own statement in the firs arc where they said she is invulnerable. The fact they said they will answer in a story after saying she is invulnerable in their first one rubs me the wrong way for some reason. WW has been too slow to react to bullets 3 timees already in rebirth. A fourth one would be nightmare. Showing poor speed and durability once again.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    I would rather they don't answer the question about WW being bulletproof or not. Because if they are gonna have her shot again. They will destroy what Orlando did with WW giving her a bulletproof feat, and their own statement in the firs arc where they said she is invulnerable. The fact they said they will answer in a story after saying she is invulnerable in their first one rubs me the wrong way for some reason. WW has been too slow to react to bullets 3 timees already in rebirth. A fourth one would be nightmare. Showing poor speed and durability once again.
    Par for the course. What do the editors do with respect to Wonder Woman? They don't seem willing to fight for her when in other books when she jobs out to others that she has no right to do. And in her own books, why can't she have a consistent powerset and not depend on what the current writers want it to be.

If they don't want her to fly, then say it, but don't put her in some anthology where half the authors have her fly and the other half has her as a Spiderman street level fighter. (*Note, she can't fly in the latest animation series, DC Superhero Girls - -Supergirl, Zatanna, Green Lantern, Bumblee can, but Wondy can't--poor Wondy*) (*Note, she can't fly in the Justice Society movie, so what is it DC, do you want her to fly or not?)

If they want her to be street level, then say it. If she is supposed to be one of the strongest hero's, just below Superman, then show it consistently and not just give us lip service. They could have done this in the Justice League movie, but we saw the curb stomping that happened there. The movie should have been called Superman and his little Superbuddies because that was essentially what it was when Superman arrived. They could have shown us this in the Justice Society movie, but Wondy was beaten under water within seconds and needed help to win on land, if you can call that a win.

Just be consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Par for the course. What do the editors do with respect to Wonder Woman? They don't seem willing to fight for her when in other books when she jobs out to others that she has no right to do. And in her own books, why can't she have a consistent powerset and not depend on what the current writers want it to be.

If they don't want her to fly, then say it, but don't put her in some anthology where half the authors have her fly and the other half has her as a Spiderman street level fighter. (*Note, she can't fly in the latest animation series, DC Superhero Girls - -Supergirl, Zatanna, Green Lantern, Bumblee can, but Wondy can't--poor Wondy*) (*Note, she can't fly in the Justice Society movie, so what is it DC, do you want her to fly or not?)

If they want her to be street level, then say it. If she is supposed to be one of the strongest hero's, just below Superman, then show it consistently and not just give us lip service. They could have done this in the Justice League movie, but we saw the curb stomping that happened there. The movie should have been called Superman and his little Superbuddies because that was essentially what it was when Superman arrived. They could have shown us this in the Justice Society movie, but Wondy was beaten under water within seconds and needed help to win on land, if you can call that a win.

Just be consistent.
    You are right. If they no longer want WW to be a powerhouse. Just say it. I mean i guess the medioocre power showings she gets should tell us that. But they are only mediocre because we still hold WW in a higher regard. So they should come out and say look, WW is just a super human warrior now. And that at least would bring consistency. We could stop comparing her to heavy hitters once we know she is not one of them anymore.

How fast should Diana be able to fly. Overall we have to once again think about the Amazons. I don't mind if they are harmed but bullets but given how Dc has gone back and forth. I think maybe it takes two bullets to three bullets to kill them.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    How fast should Diana be able to fly. Overall we have to once again think about the Amazons. I don't mind if they are harmed but bullets but given how Dc has gone back and forth. I think maybe it takes two bullets to three bullets to kill them.
    When only Wondy should be able to fly, why would we have to think about the other amazons? That doesn't make any sense to me. Otherwise, it depends on the writers on whether this iteration of Diana can fly or not, and if she can if it is gliding on air currents or not.

And about the bullets, I would think most if not all amazons are trained to deflect them with their bracers as Diana was. A well timed and executed bullet should be able to kill any amazon that does not catch it on their bracers. Of course, Diana should be nearly invulnerable to most bullet type of weapons except for the extraordinarily powerful ones that the writers have taken a time out and suggested that this could hurt or kill Diana.

And it depends on where the bullet hits other amazons to say they can take 2 or 3 shots.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    When only Wondy should be able to fly, why would we have to think about the other amazons? That doesn't make any sense to me. Otherwise, it depends on the writers on whether this iteration of Diana can fly or not, and if she can if it is gliding on air currents or not.

And about the bullets, I would think most if not all amazons are trained to deflect them with their bracers as Diana was. A well timed and executed bullet should be able to kill any amazon that does not catch it on their bracers. Of course, Diana should be nearly invulnerable to most bullet type of weapons except for the extraordinarily powerful ones that the writers have taken a time out and suggested that this could hurt or kill Diana.

And it depends on where the bullet hits other amazons to say they can take 2 or 3 shots.
    Amazons since they are meant to be super human. And in Marston any amazon could be as powerful as Diana or more if they trained enough. I don't think bullets should be an issue to them at all. We need WW and her lore to feel more epic and powerful. Like it has always been meant to be.

I mean when it comes to the amazons how easily should they be taken now by human weapons? With the amazons having their own metals and a few other items. I felt that often stated they at much harder to take now. I'm not saying weapons can't harm or even kill them. Rather it just takes a lot more than one bullet to kill them.

What do you guys think?

https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-why...ustice-league/

Overall I think Bruce's plan for Diana is to just get Clark or find a magic weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I think the character is more impressive displaying her skill and agility than sheer physical durability. That doesn't mean I want her to job to other superheroes in this respect.
    I agree. For years, Diana was lazily written as a (just another) "female Superman" who was a flying brick, but with a lasso adde for good measure. That also made the inconsistencies with her invulnerablity even more glaring, because if you're flying around in the air, bending steel with your bare hands, and getting up immediately after getting thrown through brick walls, then readers naturally except you to not have block bullets with your braclets once you face gunfire.

Also, as somone else noted, she's basically been saddled with a shield now, which makes the braclets irrelevant and kinda makes it understood upfront without saying that her level of invulnerablity is not Kryptonian-level. I think that's a much better middle-ground, which keeps her more grounded as a character and makes her fight scenes way more interesting, because she has to use her agility and her weapons training and hand-to-hand training to beat opponents versus just relying strictly on brute strength to punch them really hard or just fly into them like a mindless wrecking ball. I mean, she's a freakin' Amazon WARRIOR...SHOW IT!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 12-13-2021 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    I agree. For years, Diana was lazily written as a (just another) "female Superman" who was a flying brick, but with a lasso adde for good measure. That also made the inconsistencies with her invulnerablity even more glaring, because if you're flying around in the air, bending steel with your bare hands, and getting up immediately after getting thrown through brick walls, then readers naturally except you to not have block bullets with your braclets once you face gunfire.

Also, as somone else noted, she's basically been saddled with a shield now, which makes the braclets irrelevant and kinda makes it understood upfront without saying that her level of invulnerablity is not Kryptonian-level. I think that's a much better middle-ground, which keeps her more grounded as a character and makes her fight scenes way more interesting, because she has to use her agility and her weapons training and hand-to-hand training to beat opponents versus just relying strictly on brute strength to punch them really hard or just fly into them like a mindless wrecking ball. I mean, she's a freakin' Amazon WARRIOR...SHOW IT!!!!!!!
    1) Superman doesn't have a patent on being a flying brick. If Diana is going to get this criticism so should any other flying brick.

2) Why is it a choice between strength or skill and agility? She displayed both very well in the past, she doesn't have to sacrifice one for the other. Yes she's an Amazon warrior. She's also a superhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    1) Superman doesn't have a patent on being a flying brick. If Diana is going to get this criticism so should any other flying brick.
    LOL, I never said he did?!? I think you're deliberately missing the point...

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    2) Why is it a choice between strength or skill and agility? She displayed both very well in the past, she doesn't have to sacrifice one for the other. Yes she's an Amazon warrior. She's also a superhuman.
    I never said it should be. But when you just make her a flying brick, she doesn't get to show the warrior that she is. It's easier to fight like a warrior and show that you're a STRONG and SUPERHUMAN warrior, than it is to show her just flying through the air punching stuff and show that she is also a well trained and highly skilled warrior.

I never said it should be. But when you just make her a flying brick, she doesn't get to show the warrior that she is. It's easier to fight like a warrior and show that you're a STRONG and SUPERHUMAN warrior, than it is to show her just flying through the air punching stuff and show that she is also a well trained and highly skilled warrior.
    Again, they displayed her fighting skill just fine for years without sacrificing her strength. I don't think this view on how Diana's powers were handled ever existed before. If anything, I'd say that current writing has shown less of her fighting skills than ever before (there's a lot more to being a warrior than just swinging a sword around and the way Diana tends to do it under some writers these days makes it look like she's never been trained a day in her life).

Edit: By the way, I don't hate the sword.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-13-2021 at 09:53 AM.

Who said it's easier that way? Current WW hasn't even had impressive battle moments and skill moves as a warrior. She just fights like a brute type of warrior in 90% of her battles since 2011. Classic WW did a far better job showing both great raw power and fighting skils. Look at Perez, Ruka, Jimenez, Gail Simone and even Marston. They all had WW showing great strength, speed, durability and skills too. Nowadays she is just a glorified warrior with underwhelming super human stats next to most heavy hitters. and underwhelming fighting skill stats next to most decent martial artists in DC. She is a middle of the road mess that doesn't really excel, at anything.