Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    I never said it should be. But when you just make her a flying brick, she doesn't get to show the warrior that she is. It's easier to fight like a warrior and show that you're a STRONG and SUPERHUMAN warrior, than it is to show her just flying through the air punching stuff and show that she is also a well trained and highly skilled warrior.
    I think there's some truth to this, but it also depends on various circumstances. If you take the Thanos/Hulk fight from Infinity War, you quickly learn that Thanos is super strong because you see him pry Hulk's hands off him. And it's pretty clear as day Thanos is more skilled than Hulk in fisticuffs. Likewise, when you see Superman fight Faora, you can also feel the skill-level gap. Superman might've gotten the upper hand, but being able to fly seems to have made all the difference. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that as long as the opponent is strong enough, you can get the skill message across.

On the other hand, if it's something like Faora vs. the US Army, it's pretty obvious Faora was going to win even if she was genetically programmed to be a pacifist. And if you took Quicksilver from the last of the Fox X-Men movies and had him do karate blocks against armed guards, I'd consider that to be completely pointless since we know he can't be tagged.

P.S. Hulk/Thanos is still my favorite comic book fight in cinema. I just think it's funny that the scene has so many jump cuts when it really doesn't need them.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I think there's some truth to this, but it also depends on various circumstances. If you take the Thanos/Hulk fight from Infinity War, you quickly learn that Thanos is super strong because you see him pry Hulk's hands off him. And it's pretty clear as day Thanos is more skilled than Hulk in fisticuffs. Likewise, when you see Superman fight Faora, you can also feel the skill-level gap. Superman might've gotten the upper hand, but being able to fly seems to have made all the difference. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that as long as the opponent is strong enough, you can get the skill message across.

On the other hand, if it's something like Faora vs. the US Army, it's pretty obvious Faora was going to win even if she was genetically programmed to be a pacifist. And if you took Quicksilver from the last of the Fox X-Men movies and had him do karate blocks against armed guards, I'd consider that to be completely pointless since we know he can't be tagged.

P.S. Hulk/Thanos is still my favorite comic book fight in cinema. I just think it's funny that the scene has so many jump cuts when it really doesn't need them.
    That's fair. We are pretty much saying the same thing. I was just trying to point out that it's much easier and much more common for writers to fall into the trap of writing Diana's fight scenes as, "Fly, punch, get knocked through a wall, fly, punch, repeat" than to show her on the ground with a sword and shield kicking ass like the deadly, super strong, well trained warrior she is. At least SOMEBODY understood where I was coming from. Good example of Supes and Faora, by the way.

Extraordinary Member

Admittedly, I'm far more interested in seeing WW use her skills in battle rather just her superpowers. I'll be the first to admit, though, that the way the MCU depicts Cap Marvel as both a flying powerhouse, but also an incredibly skilled soldier was sheer brilliance, so both clearly can be done at the same time.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    That's fair. We are pretty much saying the same thing. I was just trying to point out that it's much easier and much more common for writers to fall into the trap of writing Diana's fight scenes as, "Fly, punch, get knocked through a wall, fly, punch, repeat" than to show her on the ground with a sword and shield kicking ass like the deadly, super strong, well trained warrior she is. At least SOMEBODY understood where I was coming from. Good example of Supes and Faora, by the way.
    WW is supposed to be a powerhouse since her creation. And currently nobody is wrtiting her as a ''badass'' warrior. She has far less skill showingfs since the sword and shield came along. Because it takes far less skills to use a shield for example. Than the amount of speed and skills it takes to block and deflect attacks coming from different directions with a pair of bracelets.

She is also more fragile now since she depends on shield to protect herself. WW can't be strong enough to trade blows with kryptonians and still be harmed by a car or killed by a bullet. What you want is a sper nerfed Diana. I want writers to respect her level as a powerhouse. I don't want to see her nerfed. She is supposed to be one of the strongest beings ever having Godly powers. Not a glorified super human warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post

In the case of Car-Vex vs Gen. Lane's troops, Car-Vex actually DIED. She went full-on kill'em-all-and-let-God-sort-it out because they'd infected her with a virus that was slowly killing her. So she decided to take as many with her as she could.... she still didn't actually WANT to kill anyone... despite being one of Dru-Zod's lackeys.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 12-14-2021 at 06:35 PM.

I'm curious how has the certain team done with her being a power house?

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious how has the certain team done with her being a power house?
    So far, considerably better than tamaki from the previous run. Although that mark shouldn't be difficult to top at all. But it is an improvement and that's nice.

Okay so far we know this much. She is more highly immune to magic than Superman. However, there is back and forth on certain things like her super hearing or eye sight. Someone thought maybe it should be more on with her sight it can be more like a animals in that she can somewhat track others.

1) There is literally no reason to compare Diana to another amazon. She is so far above what normal amazons have been shown to do it isn't even funny.

2) I'm just gonna flat out say that she should have like 12 different divine senses the same way Darkseid has 18.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    2) I'm just gonna flat out say that she should have like 12 different divine senses the same way Darkseid has 18.
    What would those be? In the Golden Age she had a strong connection with the Astral Plane, which makes sense since Wonder Woman is all about the power of emotions.

I don't know if this is controversial, but I think the Lasso of Truth should be the linchpin of reality itself, the fantasy trope of a "cosmickeystone". Joe Kelly's Justice Leaugue story "The Golden Perfect" introduced this idea to me, that if the lasso was even broken then reality itself would stop functioning. So it stitches together the universe in one.

This wouldn't give it any particular power other than revealing the truth in the universe (dispersing all types of illusion or transformative magic) and allowing Diana to bring out the hidden dimensions around us.

I think the idea that it would be so crucial to the universe even though it looks insignificant would say a lot about how Diana takes care of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    1) There is literally no reason to compare Diana to another amazon. She is so far above what normal amazons have been shown to do it isn't even funny.

What divine senses does Darkseid have?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What would those be? In the Golden Age she had a strong connection with the Astral Plane, which makes sense since Wonder Woman is all about the power of emotions.

I don't know if this is controversial, but I think the Lasso of Truth should be the linchpin of reality itself, the fantasy trope of a "cosmickeystone". Joe Kelly's Justice Leaugue story "The Golden Perfect" introduced this idea to me, that if the lasso was even broken then reality itself would stop functioning. So it stitches together the universe in one.

This wouldn't give it any particular power other than revealing the truth in the universe (dispersing all types of illusion or transformative magic) and allowing Diana to bring out the hidden dimensions around us.

I think the idea that it would be so crucial to the universe even though it looks insignificant would say a lot about how Diana takes care of the world.
    Not controversial, I actually like this idea too.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What divine senses does Darkseid have?
    Haha, we don't know. But he knows crap that he "'shouldn't" know by normal logic.

I don't know specifically which ones about Darkseid, just that he has 18.

Diana could have, outside the regular 5.... the ability to sense magic (which she's already shown a tiny bit), sense and interact with souls and ghosts, sense energy signatures, sense life signatures, a limited tactical precognition, see invisible beings, etc...

Don't know if astral projection counts as a "sixth sense" deal but I think that would be a different ability all together.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Haha, we don't know. But he knows crap that he "'shouldn't" know by normal logic.
    Right, like Diana could be an audience POV character to see all the big machinations behind the universe with the Gods and magic users and maybe play a role in it.