Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Actually, I'm pretty sure she already has that. Isn't Deadman (Boston Brand) visible only to special magic users? He has been in the current run as Diana's buddy, and she can clearly see his spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I don't know specifically which ones about Darkseid, just that he has 18.

Diana could have, outside the regular 5.... the ability to sense magic (which she's already shown a tiny bit), sense and interact with souls and ghosts, sense energy signatures, sense life signatures, a limited tactical precognition, see invisible beings, etc...

Don't know if astral projection counts as a "sixth sense" deal but I think that would be a different ability all together.
    And for goodness sake, writers need to stop making Diana use a fricking helmet/suit to go to space or to breathe underwater. Depending on the WW origin you prefer, she is either the daughter of Zeus or a creature literally born from the womb of Gaea (and as strong as the earth itself), gifted with incredible powers by actual goddesses. Why can't she breathe in space or underwater? Make Amphritite be one of the goddesses who granted her powers and have her gift be the ability to "commune with the world's oceans" or whatever. As for breathing in space, my headcanon is "Gaea's daughter should be able, just like her mother, to withstand the pressure of space without batting an eyelash..."

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Actually, I'm pretty sure she already has that. Isn't Deadman (Boston Brand) visible only to special magic users? He has been in the current run as Diana's buddy, and she can clearly see his spirit.
    Right, what I'm saying is cement it basically. Like, on top of giving her insane feats of strength, stamina, speed, and combat prowess... explore her other unique abilities and push them too their limits.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    And for goodness sake, writers need to stop making Diana use a fricking helmet/suit to go to space or to breathe underwater. Depending on the WW origin you prefer, she is either the daughter of Zeus or a creature literally born from the womb of Gaea (and as strong as the earth itself), gifted with incredible powers by actual goddesses. Why can't she breathe in space or underwater? Make Amphritite be one of the goddesses who granted her powers and have her gift be the ability to "commune with the world's oceans" or whatever. As for breathing in space, my headcanon is "Gaea's daughter should be able, just like her mother, to withstand the pressure of space without batting an eyelash..."
    Yeah, thanks to a lack of firm editorial Diana will sometimes need a space suit and other times not. She should not need oxygen to survive, so going underwater or flying in space shouldn't be a problem for a goddess level character.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I don't know how many times she's needed an apparatus to breathe underwater, but Diana not breathing in space could be chalked up to her not being a space character. Then again, I don't care for Diana going to space.

Spectacular Member

Maybe she could use those special earrings that help her breathe in water and outer space

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't know how many times she's needed an apparatus to breathe underwater, but Diana not breathing in space could be chalked up to her not being a space character. Then again, I don't care for Diana going to space.
    Someone could argue that Wonder Woman even kind of started as a space character or at least quite early became one, Ares old name Mars as example was not just based on the roman iteration of the God of War after all, and i find it quite sad how rarely we see the full range of possible stories with Wonder verse characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Someone could argue that Wonder Woman even kind of started as a space character or at least quite early became one, Ares old name Mars as example was not just based on the roman iteration of the God of War after all, and i find it quite sad how rarely we see the full range of possible stories with Wonder verse characters.
    Yup. But it wasn't like Star Wars or Star Trek, it was more like Moebius and the Heavy Metal magazine. Almost surrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    It should be noted that "possible" and "good" are not the same thing.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

So after Cheetah's ass getting handed to her by the superior catwoman for the third time. How do we predict WW's performances in the upcoming suicide game and her obvious death in JL 75 in april? How hard is the ''powewrhouse Goddess'' amazon going to job this time? Does anybody want to bet?

Mighty Member

Well… there’s the possibility of being defeated in her video game… if you sit there and take hits from mooks Wonder Woman will lose a life. Also if they use characters who aren’t gods like Dr. Poison, Blue Snowman, and the like, it’s likely their underlings will be humans or robots. Can you imagine playing Wonder Woman’s game and remaining idle and having a goon be able to punch you enough that you die? There’s not even a BS excuse like everyone has Kryptonite cuff links like they could use in a Superman game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Well… there’s the possibility of being defeated in her video game… if you sit there and take hits from mooks Wonder Woman will lose a life. Also if they use characters who aren’t gods like Dr. Poison, Blue Snowman, and the like, it’s likely their underlings will be humans or robots. Can you imagine playing Wonder Woman’s game and remaining idle and having a goon be able to punch you enough that you die? There’s not even a BS excuse like everyone has Kryptonite cuff links like they could use in a Superman game.
    We will discuss that when we get there. In the meantime. We can discuss WW being treated as a pathetic jobber by DC in comics, movies and games often. Do you wannsa bet how much she will jobb in suicide squad?

How do people here feel about her getting hurt in a car crash during tamaki run? Do people think such a thing should harm her?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    How do people here feel about her getting hurt in a car crash during tamaki run? Do people think such a thing should harm her?
    No, it was pretty stupid. The whole of Tamaki's run felt flat and more forced movie synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    No, it was pretty stupid. The whole of Tamaki's run felt flat and more forced movie synergy.
    This is what happens when you don't try to be consistent with power level portrayal. And don't even give an explanation to how she is supposed to survive a hit from superman yet be killed by a bullet.

Just look at this. And how difficult it gets to make her make sense, and defend her from people who simply think she is not that strong.