Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    How about we stop giving kryptonians special treatment? They aren't the only ones deserving of being the ultimate strength mark. Wonder woman was created to be an absolute powerhouse that could prevalir over any threat. Somebody with unlimited potential that even Gods aren't safe from being surpassed by her. Let's stop trying to maket her as second rate strength with better skills. Because the character has always been meant to be at the top in both. Raw power and skills.
    Nah, I'm good.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Nah, I'm good.
    More like you are wrong in my opinion. The few people here saying she should be weaker than kryptonians have no real argument for that. You want her to be weaker just because. Why should she be the one getting nerfed? LOL wondy surely has some good fans.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 09-10-2022 at 05:13 PM.

How about we stop giving kryptonians special treatment? They aren't the only ones deserving of being the ultimate strength mark. Wonder woman was created to be an absolute powerhouse that could prevalir over any threat. Somebody with unlimited potential that even Gods aren't safe from being surpassed by her. Let's stop trying to maket her as second rate strength with better skills. Because the character has always been meant to be at the top in both. Raw power and skills.
    Quite true, which is why Wonder Woman's original name was Suprema (which means superior to all others), then it was Suprema, the Wonder Woman. They finally decided on Wonder Woman.

Diana really is Supreme! Let's give her the credit she rightly deserves.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Incredible Member

I find it ironic that this entire thread is grievances about the amount of hurt Diana can cause when she was created to be a panacea to man's bloodcurdling masculinity...Yes, Diana can throw down with the best of them and IMO she's probably the most dangerous superhero on Earth, but she's not interesting because of her strength. Or just her strength (and we all know people mean physical strength). As much as I'd love to see Diana go freaking Broly on the DCU sometimes, she's not that character. She is not bloodthirsty. Violence is a last resort tool to end conflict, not what she leads with. But this thread reads like some posters want Diana ripping heads off bodies to prove she is the bestest of them all. She is, but not because of that! Her radical and subversive elements are not defined by her power level in relation to any male superhero, and in doing so, you cheapen WW and what she is about and how unique her book and her narrative can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    I find it ironic that this entire thread is grievances about the amount of hurt Diana can cause when she was created to be a panacea to man's bloodcurdling masculinity...Yes, Diana can throw down with the best of them and IMO she's probably the most dangerous superhero on Earth, but she's not interesting because of her strength. Or just her strength (and we all know people mean physical strength). As much as I'd love to see Diana go freaking Broly on the DCU sometimes, she's not that character. She is not bloodthirsty. Violence is a last resort tool to end conflict, not what she leads with. But this thread reads like some posters want Diana ripping heads off bodies to prove she is the bestest of them all. She is, but not because of that! Her radical and subversive elements are not defined by her power level in relation to any male superhero, and in doing so, you cheapen WW and what she is about and how unique her book and her narrative can be.
    Nobody is saying she has to be violent. Or bloodthirsty. Just that she should be treated like the powerhouse she was always meant to be. And stop being use as a prop and a punching bag for other characters.

I just can’t believe this tedious thread is STILL going on..

More like you are wrong in my opinion. The few people here saying she should be weaker than kryptonians have no real argument for that. You want her to be weaker just because. Why should she be the one getting nerfed? LOL wondy surely has some good fans.
    That's nice. Im happy for you and being one of the only "true" WW fan. Kudos.

That's nice. Im happy for you and being one of the only "true" WW fan. Kudos.
    Thank you.

So yeah, I think WWs skill makes up for the difference in strength. Once she truly ascends to Goddess status, I'm fine with her being more powerful as I think the Gods surpass Superman and once again...with WWs skill she can beat the Gods as well. Just like Xena was able to take on Gods due to being one of the best warriors to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    I just can’t believe this tedious thread is STILL going on..
    You don't have to respond if you don't like it.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

So yeah, I think WWs skill makes up for the difference in strength. Once she truly ascends to Goddess status, I'm fine with her being more powerful as I think the Gods surpass Superman and once again...with WWs skill she can beat the Gods as well. Just like Xena was able to take on Gods due to being one of the best warriors to live.
    I'm sure DC will remember she's the better fighter the next time she's one hit KOed by Clark or Mary.

I find it ironic that when people post about wanting a goddess level character to do goddess level character things, other people misinterpret that as wanting her to be a totally out of character war woman.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    My issue with the example you gave implied (at least to me) that it doesn't matter if Diana has jobbed out to Mary recently (and often), but that she has defeated her at least once in the past. Sounds like you are giving the writers and editors a free pass.

Not sure if it works this way, but the Shazam family share their powers so that if more than one is active, then the rest can't access as much of the power as if only one was? If so, why does it seem the writers never use this 'character bible rule' as they should? I don't think I have ever seen Mary Marvel at nothing but peak power regardless if her 'brothers' were there or not. Of course, if Shiva teaches Mary Marvel how to fight over the course of months it makes any of the lifelong training that Wondy has as DC's best melee fighter to get thrown right out the door.
    Then that dialogue is with you not with me. If you wish to argue against points you make up far be it from me to stand in your way. There is no incentive in that for me.

And you think she can't be as strong as Superman normally because? Sexist portrayals of the past wanted to trash marston's vision about her being you know. Stronger than Hercules, faster than Mercury, Wise as Athena etc? She should be second to nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I'm sure DC will remember she's the better fighter the next time she's one hit KOed by Clark or Mary.
    They didn't forget with Mary. They just remembered that a month of traning with lady shiva is all it takes to surpass the ''best melee fighter in the world''. Unlike the other countless times, that her allegedly ''superior skills and gear can make up the difference and give her the victory'' were totally irrelevant and she got easily trashed like a helpless ant.