Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    I find it ironic that this entire thread is grievances about the amount of hurt Diana can cause when she was created to be a panacea to man's bloodcurdling masculinity...Yes, Diana can throw down with the best of them and IMO she's probably the most dangerous superhero on Earth, but she's not interesting because of her strength. Or just her strength (and we all know people mean physical strength). As much as I'd love to see Diana go freaking Broly on the DCU sometimes, she's not that character. She is not bloodthirsty. Violence is a last resort tool to end conflict, not what she leads with. But this thread reads like some posters want Diana ripping heads off bodies to prove she is the bestest of them all. She is, but not because of that! Her radical and subversive elements are not defined by her power level in relation to any male superhero, and in doing so, you cheapen WW and what she is about and how unique her book and her narrative can be.
    Well, let’s flip it then. How much harm can Diana prevent if she’s pushed to fight?

I find it ironic that this entire thread is grievances about the amount of hurt Diana can cause when she was created to be a panacea to man's bloodcurdling masculinity...Yes, Diana can throw down with the best of them and IMO she's probably the most dangerous superhero on Earth, but she's not interesting because of her strength. Or just her strength (and we all know people mean physical strength). As much as I'd love to see Diana go freaking Broly on the DCU sometimes, she's not that character. She is not bloodthirsty. Violence is a last resort tool to end conflict, not what she leads with. But this thread reads like some posters want Diana ripping heads off bodies to prove she is the bestest of them all. She is, but not because of that! Her radical and subversive elements are not defined by her power level in relation to any male superhero, and in doing so, you cheapen WW and what she is about and how unique her book and her narrative can be.
    I'm not sure if there is anything particularly subversive about making a female character inferior to a male one in terms of strength. Furthermore, Diana is often shown to be at her weakest when also written at her most bloodthirsty, ironically enough. So clearly, people aren't asking for her to start acting like the Hulk and picking fights with anyone who mildly upsets her.

Nobody in this thread is clamoring for Diana to be bloodthirsty, violent, or ripping-heads-off-bodies dangerous. I think you mistook this for a "Zack Snyder's Wonder Woman is the Best Wonder Woman" thread. It is not; not even close.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Nah, I'm good.
    Same.

Exactly. And it seems like some here have a bigger problem with her subversive elements which I find hilarious because they are pretty much baked into her DNA.

So yeah, I think WWs skill makes up for the difference in strength. Once she truly ascends to Goddess status, I'm fine with her being more powerful as I think the Gods surpass Superman and once again...with WWs skill she can beat the Gods as well. Just like Xena was able to take on Gods due to being one of the best warriors to live.
    Likewise.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 09-11-2022 at 12:38 PM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I'm fine with Superman being base-level stronger than WW but I'll never concede on other Krpytonians (Supergirl/Zod).

They don't get special treatment because they come from the same fictional alien race as Superman does.
    Last edited by Gaius; 09-11-2022 at 12:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'm fine with Superman being base-level stronger than WW but I'll never concede on other Krpytonians (Supergirl/Zod).

They don't get special treatment because they come from the same fictional alien race as Superman does.
    So then how is SM stronger than other of his kind? Unless the fact that he came to Earth as a baby allowed his body to adjust differently to which yeah, I could accept that.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

So then how is SM stronger than other of his kind? Unless the fact that he came to Earth as a baby allowed his body to adjust differently to which yeah, I could accept that.
    Because he has better feats than all of them. It's funny how you are giving an entire race a pass just because they are superman race. It's like acting like wonder girl or donna are on par with WW, when there is enough evidence suggesting otherwise. And WW has no reason to be weaker than superman. She was not created to be below him.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Same.

Exactly. And it seems like some here have a bigger problem with her subversive elements which I find hilarious because they are pretty much baked into her DNA.

Likewise.
    Her power should be above any kryptonian.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Why? He gets special treatment because he is superman? Well she is Wonder Woman. and she wasn't created to be below any man.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Because he has better feats than all of them. It's funny how you are giving an entire race a pass just because they are superman race. It's like acting like wonder girl or donna are on par with WW, when there is enough evidence suggesting otherwise. And WW has no reason to be weaker than superman. She was not created to be below him.
    When Donna or Cassie or Yara are blessed by the multiple Gods/Goddesses that blessed Diana, call me.

When Donna or Cassie or Yara are blessed by the multiple Gods/Goddesses that blessed Diana, call me.
    And when you actually see Supergirl, Powergirl, Zod and countless other kryptonians getting the same level of feats as SM, and not getting defeated by him all the time, call me. WW herself has better feats than those kryptonians too.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Same.

Likewise.
    No offense, but I've actually seen more pushback against her subversive elements from you than anyone on this forum.

Cassie is the daughter/granddaughter of the king of the gods and Donna, depending on the continuity, has also been blessed by gods.

Yes, that is idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    And when you actually see Supergirl, Powergirl, Zod and countless other kryptonians getting the same level of feats as SM, and not getting defeated by him all the time, call me. WW herself has better feats than those kryptonians too.
    I dont need to call you because you came for me. In universe it is very clear how/why Kryptonians get their powers and nothing about Clark is special.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Cassie is the daughter/granddaughter of the king of the gods and Donna, depending on the continuity, has also been blessed by gods.
    Like I said... When Donna or Cassie or Yara are blessed by the multiple Gods/Goddesses that blessed Diana, call me. The Wonders will always be on different levels because they dont follow the same rules as Kryptonians. Its fairly black/whte.