Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

This is the list of weaknesses I thought would be better suited for Diana then just being weak to bullets....

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...r-Wonder-Woman

Basically its these ones

1) MAGIC or other wise UNIQUE piercing weapons: First on the list and the most obvious. Diana fights enemies with swords and spears and any other sharp pointy objects on a day to day basis. The problem is not that she can be cut or stabbed, its WHAT could cut or stab her. An amazon divinely sculpted and given gifts from Gods should not be affected by MORTAL weapons. Regular old bullets, that already move too slow for her, should not hurt her. The reason is simple, she is a god or at least godlike and as such only god forged weapons can really pierce her skin. Regular bullets should be like NERF bullets for her y'know, like soft styrofoam. She can still block them, I don't want her to stop blocking them, but this way we don't have to cringe every time she "misses" and gets shot in the stomach or head. Heck we had a moment in DK: METAL where she was shot in the head by an 8TH metal bullet, 8TH metal is a rare (magical) material that should and did pierce her skin, it wasn't a regular old bullet she didn't get shot by some rando, it took the villain (aka the writer) some forethought and planning to pull this off, that's pretty neat if you ask me. I mean it was the Bat that Laughs, so F him, but still neat.

2) MAGIC poisons/venoms: Why have a villain named DR. POISON in your rouges list and not have special poisons as a consistent weakness. And with Diana's connection to mythology... there are plenty of divine or magical toxins that our esteemed Dr could find. Medusa's snake venom, hydra blood, arch-griffin venom, heck make some stuff up. What's cool about this weakness is how versatile it is, different poisons can affect Diana in different ways much like in real life. One poison can make her light headed, another could slow her healing factor, some could cause her paralysis, most could kill her if not treated properly. You can really get creative with it.

3) RADON: If radon can kill New Gods, it can hurt Old Gods. While I'm afraid this weakness will find its way back to some BS story about Batman fighting Zeus or something it would be consistent with the theme of Diana's weaknesses, that pretty much only godly or un/otherworldly things can truly harm her. Orlando already demonstrated this weakness in his run.

4) Super Advanced ALEIN technology: If Apokolips or any alien race can create weapons that can hurt Martian Manhunter, SHAZAM, etc... they can hurt Diana. It may not put her down, but it will effect her.

5) Blunt force trauma: Like EVERY OTHER super hero, even Superman, Diana can be hurt by punches and kicks. The thing is, like Superman, you need to hit her really really really really hard. But there are a number of villains and heroes that can do this. Just from her rouges list: Devastation, First Born, Ares, Zeus, any God actually, Cheetah, Circe if she magically made herself as powerful as WW which she has done, Herc, Medusa, Barios, etc... that's just the top of my head. I'm sure there are villains she has that can physically harm her that I didn't list.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Why shouldn't she be as powerful as him or more? Power levels are not an obstacle to create a good story. It is time to understand this.
    Diana is more powerful then any viltrumite, at least in the Post-Crisis era. Nu52 and current era Diana would go the route of War Woman if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Diana is more powerful then any viltrumite, at least in the Post-Crisis era. Nu52 and current era Diana would go the route of War Woman if you know what I mean.
    You think she should survive a massive laser beam from a satelite without a scratch? The most hurt we've seen Omni man on the show was a small nosebleed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    You think she should survive a massive laser beam from a satelite without a scratch? The most hurt we've seen Omni man on the show was a small nosebleed.
    Bracer Block.

See the reject league vs Omni-man fight, he was pretty beat up there, it lasted more then a page from the comic at least.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Bracer Block.
    Yes to both, she can tank it or just block it.

Alpha, how powerful do you actually think Diana is? I mean there is an ENTIRE respect thread I made for the character, you can just go and see what she is capable of surviving. That laser beam was an island destroyer at most.

Nah, Nu52 and current era Wondy would still kick Viltrumite butt.

Nah, Nu52 and current era Wondy would still kick Viltrumite butt.
    Nu52 probably, but current? Based on statements and some outlier feats like fighting darkseid or Phantom Stranger sure, Diana could also just go witchmode and wipe Viltrum and its people out of existence. But consistent feats and abilities thus far have been mid-level at best. I don't think Diana has done anything special on her own that Nolan couldn't replicate (minus the lasso or power ups). I mean you can scale her to Superman or anyone else but at that point Diana isn't really doing her own feats, she's just measured up to someone else.

Nu52 probably, but current? Based on statements and some outlier feats like fighting darkseid or Phantom Stranger sure, Diana could also just go witchmode and wipe Viltrum and its people out of existence. But consistent feats and abilities thus far have been mid-level at best. I don't think Diana has done anything special on her own that Nolan couldn't replicate (minus the lasso or power ups). I mean you can scale her to Superman or anyone else but at that point Diana isn't really doing her own feats, she's just measured up to someone else.
    spoilers:
    We don't see Battle Beast do anything modern WW couldn't and he still roasts Viltrumites.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    We don't see Battle Beast do anything modern WW couldn't and he still roasts Viltrumites.
    end of spoilers
    TBF he's only been onscreen for like 4 mins, he was mopping Mark not Nolan, and he hasn't had his BIG fight yet.

TBF he's only been onscreen for like 4 mins, he was mopping Mark not Nolan, and he hasn't had his BIG fight yet.
    I thought we where comparing it to the comics?

Comics to comics.

I thought we where comparing it to the comics?

Comics to comics.
    Even then I put him on or above current base Diana. His BIG fight against you know who easily puts him on her level, scaling just amps him up. He's doing things on show (well eventually) and in comic on a level Diana hasn't operated on in a really long time.

See the reject league vs Omni-man fight, he was pretty beat up there, it lasted more then a page from the comic at least.
    Yeah I forgot about the fight. Guess we did see Omni bleed more than that. But no man made machine including an i-dont-know-how-many billions of dollars worth laser beam could hurt him. That's definitely not ok on my book because it means she could destroy the whole planet and it would take several nukes to even start hurting her. I don't have a precise figure, but I still want her to be possibly hurt by human ingenuity and lots of money.
    Last edited by Alpha; 05-07-2021 at 07:16 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Yeah I forgot about the fight. Guess we did see Omni bleed more than that. But no man made machine incliding an i-dont-know-how-many billions of dollars worth laser beam foild hurt him. That's definitely not ok on my book because it means she could destroy the whole planet and it would take several nukes to even start hurting her. I don't have a precise figure, but I still want her to be possibly hurt by human ingenuity and lots of money.
    Yeah that whole bit was very boring, I hate those type of power levels.

Yeah I forgot about the fight. Guess we did see Omni bleed more than that. But no man made machine including an i-dont-know-how-many billions of dollars worth laser beam could hurt him. That's definitely not ok on my book because it means she could destroy the whole planet and it would take several nukes to even start hurting her. I don't have a precise figure, but I still want her to be possibly hurt by human ingenuity and lots of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Yeah that whole bit was very boring, I hate those type of power levels.
    I can name 10 people on the league that could theoretically punch the earth to dust with humanity not doing anything about it and only a tiny minor of writers/artists/creators/and fans have a general problem with that. Diana is also a power fantasy, thats partly why we have discussions like this constantly.

Should Wonder Woman punch and stop Juggernaut in full charge? I think maybe, but she would still get the wind knocked out of her for a bit. That's the level I think Wonder Woman should be at.